bbk

Uhh, earthquake?

Was sitting in my room, and the house suddenly started shaking. Lasted maybe 10-15 seconds. Not bad at all, but definitely noticeable. Nothing damaged inside the house, about to go outside for a look.

Wasn't strong winds, as I'm familiar to those.

This is in Central NJ, Plainsboro to be specific.

Anybody else?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/08/earthquake_rocks_new_jersey_an.html

NEWARK — An apparent earthquake rattled parts of New Jersey and New York several minutes ago, causing buildings to sway in cities and towns across the region.

The earthquake was felt in Virginia and Washington, D.C., according to television news reports.

Newark City Hall was evacuated shortly before 2 p.m., as the building was shaking.

A Newark spokeswoman said her entire desk was shaking and her doors were moving for several minutes.

The Associated Press is reporting that a magnitude 5.8 earthquake was centered in Virginia and was felt in Washington, New York City and North Carolina.

Felt it here - I'm in NYC and I'm on the 12th floor of a building near Grand Central station. Apparently some buildings are being evacuated because there was visible swaying.

Dude you work right near me.

Who told you visible swaying? I know I felt it swaying.

Felt it here - I'm in NYC and I'm on the 12th floor of a building near Grand Central station. Apparently some buildings are being evacuated because there was visible swaying.

Dude you work right near me.

Who told you visible swaying? I know I felt it swaying.

Thats funny, my office is on Madison near Grand Central also.

Working from home today, felt the quake here in Matawan. They are working on my street, at first I thought it was them, but then realized there's no way they could be causing that motion. First time I ever felt a quake myself. No sir, I don't like it.