Glock Guy

Any Shop in NJ Sell AK Variants?

I don't get it... if it looks like a ducks, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I think we have a reasonable idea that what we're looking at is a duck.

Same with 'AK Variants'... just call it 'AK pattern' instead... it is what it is.

I see it in 2 ways...

* leaving it obvious in the open sends the message we have read the law.. they are not substantially identical.. we are not doing anything wrong.. go pound sand...

* changing it sends the message that you think what you are doing is wrong.. and therefore you are trying to hide it.. but ALSO makes what is going on less obvious..

I PERSONALLY see it as the way of leaving it as is.. but I am also on my way out of NJ so my opinion on THIS particular topic should not be one that matters much

I see it in 2 ways...

* leaving it obvious in the open sends the message we have read the law.. they are not substantially identical.. we are not doing anything wrong.. go pound sand...

* changing it sends the message that you think what you are doing is wrong.. and therefore you are trying to hide it.. but ALSO makes what is going on less obvious..

I PERSONALLY see it as the way of leaving it as is.. but I am also on my way out of NJ so my opinion on THIS particular topic should not be one that matters much

It's silly to change it if we think it'll make any difference to the creeps in Trenton.

If they want to take our crap, they can just change the rules accordingly and grab them.

Virtually every manufacturer and big time seller (Centerfire, Atlantic, J&G, Century) all call them AK's

Let's be real here, you didn't buy a Saiga because you were searching for "the rifle designed for the hunting of the various animals in the conditions of all climates" - you wanted an AK and got the closest thing to it that you could get. What's next, you gonna say you wouldn't want it to have a fun switch if those were legal too? :lol:

What would changing the name of this sub section accomplish?

Virtually every manufacturer and big time seller (Centerfire, Atlantic, J&G, Century) all call them AK's

Let's be real here, you didn't buy a Saiga because you were searching for "the rifle designed for the hunting of the various animals in the conditions of all climates" - you wanted an AK and got the closest thing to it that you could get. What's next, you gonna say you wouldn't want it to have a fun switch if those were legal too? :lol:

What would changing the name of this sub section accomplish?

I purchase saiga to hunt medium size mountain goat... :yes: