mipafox

Anybody like Country?

I been pounded to death for decades on the Country and the old Rock. Trust me, my dad had me listening to that stuff when I was a child in the 70s, on a radio with a built-in 9V battery charger (LOL, it's the 70s) and running 220 carbon arcs to get radio signals at the age of 7. And about 15,000 from the spark coil box he left on my little boy desk for me to "play" with. I made a light sabre out of the SOB, but I still have scars :D

Always had a radio in the shop. Still do.

So, I like mostly modern Country now. Who likes Country? What modern songs do you like?

Up until i got married about 5 years ago i was into the hard rock / metal stuff , Metallica etc... but upon meeting my wife she turned me on to country , now we hit all the country concerts , Toby Kieth , Brad Paisley , Brooks and Dunn , Zac Brown Band , and so on and so on , and by the way love the Blues Brothers reference !!!!!

• Like 2

I dig the old country; Johnny Cash, Waylon, Hank, Patsy, George Jones.

I'm with you on that, have an album in the family that I think to total number of copies pressed was under a 100 and it was Waylon 1st one and he gave one to my father in AZ when they lived out there, but No Show is still my all time favorite.

Harry

I listen to Hank Williams and Johnny Cash, but that's about it for country. Some bluegrass. Flatt and Scruggs, and Doyle Lawson. But I find country to be bland anymore. Every once in awhile I'll put on a country radio station and there's not one song that really makes me think "I have to have this album!" And I'm in no way bashing country music. I'll still pull out some older (2 or 3 years) country CD's and throw them on while drinkin some beers with buddies. Country music seems to always be a happy medium.

I like it all, old, new, bluegrass, blues. Modern Country is the old Southern Rock.

About the only thing I cant't listen to is rap. Especially the Country songs that try to do it. Rap and Country just do not mix.

Colt Ford makes my blood boil. Lol.

• Like 2

I like it all, old, new, bluegrass, blues. Modern Country is the old Southern Rock.

About the only thing I cant't listen to is rap. Especially the Country songs that try to do it. Rap and Country just do not mix.

Tim Big and Rich are back together with Cowboy Troy Dum Diggity Dum Diggity slicka than a biscuit. (man I need to break out that CD).

I started to realize I was getting old because "The Highway" channel was playing less and less of my artists and one day I got tired of it and went to the other channel and it was all the stuff I missed.....wait for it........I'M GETTING OLD?????

I like most of the stuff but I feel the modern stuff is getting to much like rock.

Toby Keith, Trace Adkins and Jason Aldean. Aldean is a great song writer.

Trace Adkins is playing the Starland Ballroom 9/3/11. That's this week.

I always had my preconceived notions of what country music was growing up (in a joking fashion). After spending a solid four years surrounded by people who were either from the deep south or midwest (literally, I was the only person who wasn't), I grew a closet affinity for country music. I can't readily accept it yet, but I'll admit it's a guilty pleasure :icon_mrgreen:

I always had my preconceived notions of what country music was growing up (in a joking fashion). After spending a solid four years surrounded by people who were either from the deep south or midwest (literally, I was the only person who wasn't)

I had the same thing, I was the only Yankee. A couple guys looked and sounded like the Hatfields and McCoys from Bugs Bunny.

Growing up, I was never exposed to very much country music, and like most NYers, my idea of a country song involved a pickup truck, a dog, and relationship troubles that may or may not have involved a blood relative :icon_mrgreen:

These days, I find myself tapping my foot to a song only to realize half way thru that it's a country song. So, while I hardly consider myself a fan of the genre, it's not something I would necessarily change if it comes on in the car while driving.

Doesn't hurt that most of the female country artists are easy on the eyes :)

Is "Barton Hollow" by The Civil Wars a country song? Or is that bluegrass? Either way, pretty good song.

I just came in to see who said yes so I can 'unfriend' them...j/k. :sarcastichand:

I was stationed with way to many red-necks and developed a reaction of nausea when I hear 'modern' country music (kinda like Dallas Cowboy fans). Grew up on Johnny Cash, HW jr. and some other 'real' cowboy / blue grass stuff that my old man listened too. Now Jon Bon-blowme is considered country. IMHO, they are in it for the easy money and chics. Posers mostly.

I spent a whole harvest season in Manitoba, Canada in a combine going around in circles in a cab with only Charlie Pride,Patsy Cline and Glen Campbell to keep me company.... I dare say that country is not my favorite music and would rather have the Sex Pistols,Blondie and the Ramones to finish my day.

I got to like country over the years. The Armed Forces Network Radio always had a country show so in some of the places I was that was the only station to listen to. There were a few country stars that had hits that crossed over into pop music like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Randy Travis and others with one or more songs crossing over back in the 60s,70s, and 80s. Bluegrass had a few years of popularity in the 70s. The last true pop rock song was Kokomo in 1988 IMO It was an exercise for the Beach Boys who wanted to see if they could have a number 1 song again and it worked.. It seems as rock and roll has faded country has become more popular. Country got more of a following after 9/11 as all the patriotic type songs were country. A lot of the pop country today, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Toby Keith, Sugarland and others, would have been pop rock songs in the 60s.

I spent a whole harvest season in Manitoba, Canada in a combine going around in circles in a cab with only Charlie Pride,Patsy Cline and Glen Campbell to keep me company.... I dare say that country is not my favorite music and would rather have the Sex Pistols,Blondie and the Ramones to finish my day.

I'm still a punk....saw the Ramones about 6 times. Loved every bad performance as much as the good ones.

I'm still a punk....saw the Ramones about 6 times. Loved every bad performance as much as the good ones.

Same here. Ramones were fun. I felt the same way about Black Flag and Henry Rollins solo. Saw them a million times, some great, some good, and some bad. Best live band ever - Bad Brains. Tied for 2nd Best - The Pogues and Fishbone

I lived and went to collage in Manhattan during that era and was a regular at Ceebee Geebees,pyramid lounge,the Beacon and such and loved the Ramones but the best concert I remember was the Clash,it went on for 3 hours with only breaks for more Jack Daniels