Sign in to follow this  
dgstinner

Celebrity Top Shot

Since some of the contestant TV shows occasionally will do a celebrity edition for charity (Celebrity Apprentice, Celebrity Jeopardy, etc.), I wondered what everyone's opinion would be about a celebrity season of Top Shot. If they did it, would you watch it and what celebrities would you want to see?

I have a feeling some, if not most, of you would say it would depend upon who the celebrities are, and I would have to agree with that. I would probably watch at least one episode regardless of the celebrities.

Who I would want to see:

Anthony Cumia (from Opie & Anthony)

Ted Nugent

Daniel Craig

Joe Mantegna

Joe Pantoliano

Kurt Russell

Chuck Norris

Steven Seagal

Tom Selleck

Daniel Craig made it very clear when he came into the 007 role that he is very much a gun hater and made comments to the effect "I would never touch a gun in my everyday life". Has he done a complete 180?

Many movie stars are anti-gun...unless they can make money doing an action adventure pic.

You have to look hard to find pro-gun celebrities.

Reality TV is about making absurd profits.

However much expensive guns cost to rent, and the property, and the stages, costs nowhere near what a sitcom does. Remember when all six Friends were getting 1 million each per episode? It probably costs as much for an entire season of a typical "reality" show as it does for a single episode or two of your typical 90's sitcom.

Now, once you get 16 celebrities on there, and not washed up "Rehab With Doctor Drew" type losers, you look at big money.

Add to that the fact that half your Hollywood action stars think people shouldn't even own guns in real life.

Daniel Craig made it very clear when he came into the 007 role that he is very much a gun hater and made comments to the effect "I would never touch a gun in my everyday life". Has he done a complete 180?

Many movie stars are anti-gun...unless they can make money doing an action adventure pic.

You have to look hard to find pro-gun celebrities.

Daniel Craig went to a shooting range with Anthony Cumia and unloaded a few magazines from a Walther PPK. Anthony used to have the video up on Moby but has since removed it for some reason. There are a few sites which mention this and have photos.

Daniel Craig sharpens skills at firing range (photos)

Pics/video of Daniel Craig on gun range, practising for Bond 23? Then a cold Guinness..

I don't think it would be entertaining at all, unless they got people who were familiar with REAL firearms. I don't want the challenge to be "See who can figure out how to disengage the safety, and pull the trigger first, then flinch at the noise so much that you drop the gun." That just doesn't seem entertaining to me.

Daniel Craig went to a shooting range with Anthony Cumia and unloaded a few magazines from a Walther PPK.

Rachael Maddow also enjoys going to the shooting range, but believes that people should not own guns at home. She compares it to carnival rides, saying "you like to ride the Ferris Wheel, but that doesn't mean you take it home - you go to the carnival when you want to ride it"

Celebrities enjoying the range does not mean they support gun ownership or even like guns at all.

Yea, Anthony Bourdain shares the same sentiment. He actually loves shooting, but is all for gun control. I asked him in person about it briefly last semester when I went to one of his book talks; surprisingly I thought he would be annoyed by me asking that, but he was concise, and that was all the time I had, haha.

Hickok45? That wouldn't even be fair, ha. Unless they have to do 30 minutes of cardio before every event, he would have it in the bag.

Now what would be amusing, and add that much needed drama, would be Nutnfancy. Easy cast member to dislike, might have the skills to back up his annoying habits, and would (as pointed out) annoy everybody.

I'd be interested, for real, in seeing athletes of different backgrounds. Athletes (not including competitive shooters obviously) tend to have sharpened their fine motor skills, and can quickly pick up minute details to redundant actions (aka pulling a trigger in the same fashion, repeatedly).

I'm actually all for seeing normal people given an opportunity to see what they can do. I think there is definitely an appeal to seeing professionals and very skilled shooters compete. But I think there would be a lot of people who would surprise themselves if they gave shooting a chance. My sister who never picked up a firearm until I took her and her husband out was able to consistently knock down clays (this was at Range 14, for reference) that were placed at 100 and 150 yards after about 50 rounds of warming up. This was from an MP15-22 and a standing, unsupported position.

Still, I too would rather see highly skilled shooters, whether pro/semi-pro/amateur.

ETA: By "normal people" I meant anybody (celebrities, you, me, etc) that aren't known professional shooters, or anybody who isn't necessarily publicly known for their proficiency with marksmanship.

They should make a playboy addition with water balloons, super soakers, and garden hoses, and white tshirts......that's reality tv that would make great money, make elimination rounds on a trampolene, and they got a classic hit in my opinion.....

Daniel Craig went to a shooting range with Anthony Cumia and unloaded a few magazines from a Walther PPK. Anthony used to have the video up on Moby but has since removed it for some reason. There are a few sites which mention this and have photos.

Daniel Craig sharpens skills at firing range (photos)

Pics/video of Daniel Craig on gun range, practising for Bond 23? Then a cold Guinness..

If you Google "Daniel Craig and Guns" you will find the quote I refer to in my post #3 which is when he first assumed the role of 007 (2005-06). You will find he takes this stance up to at least 2009. There are newer articles saying he is trying to overcome his fear of guns. The links you post may be part of his therapy. I don't take this as he likes shooting. I haven't seen anything that states he has done that 180 on his gun stance. I just don't know if he has. If he were more vocal on the issue as Tom Selleck, Ted Nugent, and Chuck Norris have been we would know.

There are plenty of celebrities and politicians that believe they should have guns and the capability of defending themselves but the proletariat shouldn't. They get enough air time as it is.

You mostly all missed the Boat by not naming Sarah Palin and other famous females. Most of you wrote guys' names.

I would love to shoot with Tom Selleck, especially the .45-120 rifle from Quigley Down Under, LOL!

I'd say Vanessa Hudgens. During the filming of SuckerPunch she did an interview during which she talked about how much she was enjoying shooting the different weapons especially the M2 and that she came to love the smell of gun powder. While that does not mean necessarily that she is pro gun, at least I would expect that she would be open to the idea.