creeper

Disturbing development at Cherry Ridge Range

Cameras at the Range  

53 members have voted

1. 1. You are a member at CR, do you want cameras at the range?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am too afraid to take a stance

Thats fine. "union" was for lack of a better word. MRO seems less threatening than union too. But again whatever the term might be. Just a group that helps get improvements the members will appreciate. Someone intelligent would need to lead it. I would help organize it, get members and all. if only we can get something like this started.

• Like 1

Nick I think the argument its not only the cameras at this point. I have nothing against the cameras as its their property and if I want to shoot there I will deal with that. I think a union could help in other aspects such as range improvements that members will enjoy. Thats the reason I like the union idea. To help make improvements for the members and for the bod to know what the members want.

Hi Chris,

No arguement there...... BUT it might be more likely to be a member representative than a union.... I am not sure the way the board is setup but ideally those that you vote for are already representing you :icon_mrgreen:

Should a notice have been sent out...sure seems reasonable...in light of the fact at the cost of the implementation of the system....

It would do CR well to notify the shooters of this range of items of interest...It would do whomever manages CR to have a quarterly meeting discussing upcoming items of interest....etc... Look is the ANJRPC a little messed up...sure ...heck I upped my membership back in june and I ONLY received my range card the other day !.... LOL....

now that we are back on topic I'll comment on this matter. I personally don’t mind there being cameras. I have seen many things that make me fear bodily harm from someones unsafe actions. It would be nice to have something on record backing up my complaints to the RO of someone’s unsafe actions on the range. My ONLY problem with the cameras is finding out about them on the forums. There is a process that the BOD has to go through to get the cameras so there MUST HAVE been time for them to contact the members and notify them of the cameras. It’s inappropriate to find out about something like this on a forum.

• Like 1

I can certainly see both sides to this. I think it's a good idea in the sense if people feel they are being watched they tend to act accordingly, less stuff is broken and Cherry Ridge is able to keep costs low. I mean, we have to show our FIDs to buy ammo in this state, so a prosecutor can easly say hey, "look how often this guy buys ammo. he was planning something all along" Just by being gun owners we already have strikes against us. Bottom line, if they really want to make an example of you, they'll put out all the stops. It's a shame in the end being punished for protecting your family, yourself an your property.

• Like 1

The cameras are there for any after the fact accidents, etc. They are not for the RSO's to sit in the office and watch. That would be impossible. For liability reasons and to prevent a he said she said scenario we can always do back and look at the video and get the real story.

It has been proven that when people think they are being recorded they tend to act on their best behavior.

The cameras were approved by the full board and also approved in this years range budget.

Anthony

The cameras are there for any after the fact accidents, etc. They are not for the RSO's to sit in the office and watch. That would be impossible. For liability reasons and to prevent a he said she said scenario we can always do back and look at the video and get the real story.

It has been proven that when people think they are being recorded they tend to act on their best behavior.

The cameras were approved by the full board and also approved in this years range budget.

Anthony

What is the retention period for the recordings?

ANJRPC is a 75 year old State Association that also happens to own a range. The Bylaws dictate that the members elect a board and the board runs the Assn. We have approx 4 board meetings a year and they are open to members all you have to do is contact the corresponding secretary to be put on the list to attend the meetings. We are bound once a year to have an open meeting of members that must take place around the 2-3rd week in October.

The Meeting is the 15th this year and all members are welcome to attend. The location was selected due to quite a few factors, as close as a central location as possible is one factor. Believe it or not we have done a demographic study of range and associate members and that area is the closest to perfect as we can find. In fact the quarterly board meeting are help in Somerset to accommodate the spread out location of board members.

Anthony

The DVR can only hold about 1 weeks worth of recording tops, after that it overwrites starting from the oldest data first.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Special issues(police training/competitions) or problems are exported but the run of the mill, day to day events spool off after a week.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Special issues(police training/competitions) or problems are exported but the run of the mill, day to day events spool off after a week.

Time it will hold data is kind of hard to judge right now. The cameras start recording when they sense motion. It will be a 32 camera set up. I have a 16 camera at my HQ and we can hold about 11 days on the dvr. My home system is also 16 camera and we can hold about 25 days before it starts to write over. We will see how long it takes once the system is running. Again it is not for the RSO's to sit and watch, that would never work. It is for an after the fact problem or issue that we hope we will never need.

Ant

The DVR can only hold about 1 weeks worth of recording tops, after that it overwrites starting from the oldest data first.

I'm Ok with that too. So just for the record, other than "special' events there will not be any retention to a data library? Also is there the possibility of the live feed being seen off-site at any time? And as a side note it would have been nice to have given a heads up to the general membership this was coming.

I'm Ok with that too. So just for the record, other than "special' events there will not be any retention to a data library? Also is there the possibility of the live feed being seen off-site at any time? And as a side note it would have been nice to have given a heads up to the general membership this was coming.

No data library or recording of any events planned. A live feed is not in the plans, it would require software and a static IP also.

The Range trustees voted on this at a trustee meeting, See my above post as to how the association works. I do not agree with the whole works either but it the best we have.

Ant

No data library or recording of any events planned. A live feed is not in the plans, it would require software and a static IP also.

The Range trustees voted on this at a trustee meeting, See my above post as to how the association works. I do not agree with the whole works either but it the best we have.

Ant

Thank you for the info.

You are all welcome. Please ask away, I will answer whatever I can.

FYI, I attended the board meetings as a guest off and on for about 7 years before I decided to run as a board member.

We really could use more young blood with new ideas.

Ant

Anthony, is there any reason they dont update the range such as a cover st the silhouette range? Or mechanical throwers members can use at the shotgun? I think members hope to see changes they will use and appreciate.

Or the archery range , the targets are completely shot out .

Not the best at replying to specific people. Sorry.

Three months ago the board approved a budget by the range trustees. As you may have noticed we are repairing and improving in order of importance first. The Cover over the multi purpose and the targets in the archery are on the list as well as many, many, other things. They are already working on next years budget also.

Please remember that it is all volunteers on the board as well as the trustees so things take longer then most of us are used to.

Anthony

• Like 1

wow....I cant believe all this drama!

After all, Im still joining next month.

I will be shopping for my ski mask this weekend.

After shooting at some other ranges recently, I see how careless people will shoot the sh*t out of anything and everything. I dont see the reason to blast stuff when you use the same range over & over. WTF is wrong with you people??

Im not sure it happens there, but it happens everywhere else.

Camera are EVERYWHERE nowadays! If you dont wanna be recorded, then stay in your home and never leave.

Unless your doing something wrong @ the range, I wouldnt really worry about it.

I used to bounce @ a bar for 9yrs, the last 2yrs we installed cameras all over due to frivilous lawsuits.

Unless you run the day-to-day operations, most of you dont have a clue how many lies are fabricated just to get some $$.

ps: anyone else want me to pick them up a mask too?? :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

We live in a different world today, there was a time that if someone did something by accident they would step up and say it was them, what can they do to correct this. Mistakes happen but I see having cameras are a benefit to all the people who are members of this range as an example. Things will happen and damage to items do happen either by accident or on purpose, cameras will do a few things, it might have the borderline folks a little more on there toes and maybe they will think before they do something stupid. For other times it may help identify who is doing something wrong and damaging things around the range. Like I said I think this helps and the club can go after the person who damaged something that had been destroyed. Remember things that are broken cost someone money and if your a member it cost you.

This is in addition to the legal aspects for having cameras.

While I would rather not have big brother looking over my shoulder this is just something we have to put up with these days and if you really don't like it you can chose a different location to shoot.

To the folks that would like other things done at this particular club, Anthony did say there is an open meeting and has invited anyone who is interested to come out and that seems like the best forum to bring up likes, dislikes and to bring up idea of thing you would like to see changed, so if you are interested this would be a good thing to show up for and speak up and not just think they will magically happen.

Harry

From the phone multiple posts Sri. Ummm I think I said this already !!!! Lol

Most dvr's are set at FIFO

Time it will hold data is kind of hard to judge right now. The cameras start recording when they sense motion. It will be a 32 camera set up. I have a 16 camera at my HQ and we can hold about 11 days on the dvr. My home system is also 16 camera and we can hold about 25 days before it starts to write over. We will see how long it takes once the system is running. Again it is not for the RSO's to sit and watch, that would never work. It is for an after the fact problem or issue that we hope we will never need.

Ant

It will depend on the factors u set at the recording level. Frame rate image size image type length of pre event post event etc...

Real world will dictate that motion detection via DVR generally does NOT work that well. Ask me HOW I know!

If u need help setting it up and or free of charge consultation shoot me a pm

It will depend on the factors u set at the recording level. Frame rate image size image type length of pre event post event etc...

Real world will dictate that motion detection via DVR generally does NOT work that well. Ask me HOW I know!

If u need help setting it up and or free of charge consultation shoot me a pm

Thank you Nick. I will pass this on to the range trustees.

Ant

Not correct. All DVR's have web browser integration for live feed and client/web pacagaes for offsite Managment retrieval

Second a static ip is NOT necessary there are ways around static ip requirements.

The ip configuration is predicated on you LAN/wan config.

Whomever is giving u this info is incorrect. :-(. If it is ur integrator run tothe hills

Again if you need consultation free of charge just hollar!

I have been integrating large fire alarms and security/CCTV/access systems across the conus in a central station Enviromental for the past 22 years. From one camera system to retail banking 32 cam systems to exterior thermal imaging with terabytes of storage...With remote lp monitoring and co integration. ......easy peasy lemon squeasey...