Maksim

CJRPC USPSA Sunday November 13th, 2011

Nice day, sorry our stages were somewhat simpler then usual, the berm seeding forced us to simplify this month (and possibly next month) but our stage designers managed to pull some decent stages given the restriction.

Tosser, I wish I had gotten the chance to say hi to you, put a face to a name :)

Also you all need to go buy Maks a large bucket of cold beer, or flowers, or whatever he asks for, he volunteered to take a shot at doing the scores and as you well know I hate doing that part so it is a huge weight of my shoulders, we'll see how long before he throws his hands up in the air and tosses the paperwork back at me :) On the bright side, I've set the bar so low on doing the scores that he can only shine by comparison.

I counted 5 RAPID hits on the activator, completely unnecessary. It also took me two shots to knock it down. We were also both shooting factory ammo....that popper NEEDED to be calibrated.

Did you? I mean I was the one shooting and getting super frustrated over it but I wouldn't doubt it was more like 5 as you said.

The popper itself might have been calibrated for more powerful loads since it seems like not many people are using 9mm anymore.

You can always call for the MD to come over and take a shot with certified minor ammo. If it don't fall it don't count. Keep in mind though, that not all factory ammo hits minor.

I was told this AFTER I shot the stage and did not know to my knowledge that I could have asked for any sort of reset and recalibration. But I was also told that the MD will have a round (and accuracy) to most likely put the popper down...so it's almost worthless supposedly.

Not all factory ammo makes powerfactor. Most 115 factory will not pf. We ran a bunch through the chrono at Old Bridge. Popper might of come out of calibration, but those shooting on our squad, besides one or two, did not have issues, and most were hitting low. You have to hit the popper in the center of the plate. (or when done, call for calibration).

Ask Vic...I might have put a couple rounds into the lower body but I definitely put PLENTY of rounds in the upper body of the popper. I have not had any problems with poppers before (Shongum) so I think it might have been the poppers themselves. Whatever, it's over. Just saying it sucked!

maks made it ok to the benefit we had a great turn out..

had a very good time today shooting with everyone.. Met some new people today so i have more faces to put with the screen names..

Also misunderstood the virginia count.. :sarcastichand: So i also learned something today..

Not all factory ammo makes powerfactor. Most 115 factory will not pf. We ran a bunch through the chrono at Old Bridge. Popper might of come out of calibration, but those shooting on our squad, besides one or two, did not have issues, and most were hitting low. You have to hit the popper in the center of the plate. (or when done, call for calibration).

I was using 115gr rem (sold at dicks) and had one shot knock downs on all steel. You need to hit it higher to ensure the drop. Shots bellow the midline would create some issues for anyone.

Was great shooting with everyone and to connect a few more faces to names. Zardoz, awesome of you to make it too. Will be seeing you at the next match, only this time participating.

If the weather allows, you'll definitely see next time. I appreciate all the great advice and especially want to thank Ryan, Marlin, Tony, Slav, plus a few others I can't remember. Just a great bunch of guys.

I don't like the 40 S&W round but it knocks down steel pretty easily. just sayin yo, 9mm is a iffy in that regards.

I have about 3000 115 gr bullets left and i am going to switch up to 124 gr..

think we have a few stages to set up.. :girlwerewolf:

I don't like the 40 S&W round but it knocks down steel pretty easily. just sayin yo, 9mm is a iffy in that regards.

I don't like .40 either. If I bump up a caliber, I will shoot my .45. I love 9mm and .45, but .40 not so much.

I have about 3000 115 gr bullets left and i am going to switch up to 124 gr..think we have a few stages to set up.. :girlwerewolf:

I have 115gr 9mm stockpiled because it shoots so well in my 75b, plus it's usually a couple bucks cheaper than 124gr or 147gr. But I too will be starting to stock up on one of the above, heavier bullet will have more power.

Did you? I mean I was the one shooting and getting super frustrated over it but I wouldn't doubt it was more like 5 as you said.

The popper itself might have been calibrated for more powerful loads since it seems like not many people are using 9mm anymore.

In all seriousness, you put one shot on the popper. When you realized it didn't fall, you put a second shot on target. Then when it didn't fall, you put 4-5 shots in rapid succession on target before it finally fell. It doesn't matter how many people are shooting 9mm.....if you're making power factor, it should fall in one shot.

Heres the video I took. Tony I missed one stage of yours and the first string on our last stage, sorry. This was the first time using this camera at a match and I can see with such a wide angle lens I need to move in a bit closer when people are shooting. I'll post the first person stuff from me shooting in a bit, enjoy.

No need to argue guys, I'll be the first to say the the activator popper on stage 1 was wonky. It took me 3 hits of 40 (minor but hot for minor) and it took Matt 2 I think with 40 Major. The problem is that it was a bit inconsistent, the base on it I think its going and it isn't set the same way every time. I'll get it fixed or replaced, I didn't realize during the match that it was that much of an problem for everyone. It ended up throwing me for a loop because I was getting solid hits and seeing it start roll over and then it was still up.

I thought it was just set heavy for me, and that Matt winged it the first time, as the rest of my squad had no issues and no one complained to me during the match.

Now I know it needs TLC. Next time you see a popper that is acting up, let me know as soon as possible and we can get it fixed or replaced.

• Like 1

If someone had gotten us sooner, the poppers on Maks' stage would have gotten fixed sooner. They were all heavier than I would have liked, but probably the only one that would have failed calibration was the activator popper.

I took the dare on double dog dare you, and lost big.

Nik's standards stage, I would have just had it been six weak, six strong, and six reload six freestyle with the par at 3.5 seconds.

Sounds good, Vlad! Well said.

Thanks again to you and Maks and everyone else who make these matches possible. It was my first time at CJ and I was thoroughly impressed with the facility, even if I didn't see much of the other ranges. It is obvious that everyone there works hard at maintaining the ranges and putting on events like this. If it wasn't ~90mins from me, I would definitely apply for a membership.

By the way, I was the one wearing the CZ hat. We've met before at an IDPA match at SCFGA, not sure if you remember me or not.

Heres the video I took. Tony I missed one stage of yours and the first string on our last stage, sorry. This was the first time using this camera at a match and I can see with such a wide angle lens I need to move in a bit closer when people are shooting. I'll post the first person stuff from me shooting in a bit, enjoy.

Looks good brother. Thanks for sharing! I didn't do too bad after all... ( i say that before the scores go up)

For once, we are in agreement.

Haha yes we are!

I am trying to upload videos but Youtube is giving me problems. My computer is running fine but YT is struggling to upload even just 1 of my videos, it's only a 3min vid too.

Man, I wish I took a video of Bryan's run on Nik's stage.

Haha yes we are!

I am trying to upload videos but Youtube is giving me problems. My computer is running fine but YT is struggling to upload even just 1 of my videos, it's only a 3min vid too.

Man, I wish I took a video of Bryan's run on Nik's stage.

Yes youtube takes forever, the first one I uploaded in HD and it had to be at least a half hour for it to upload.

Frank, thanks for filming! =)

thanks for the vids..

Your welcome guys, it's a lot of fun to be able to share this stuff with everyone here on the forum.

Vlad,

Some of the issue with the popper might have been with the activator cord. If it was still a little taught and the slack was on the swinger side it seamed a little heavier, if the slack was on the steel side it seamed a little lighter. I hope I conveyed it properly but I tried to keep an eye on it after I was told of the issue.

It still was a great match and I had a lot of fun! BTW, who's idea was it to have those small plates at 25 yards?????? That person is now off the Christmas Card list!

Brian

Vlad,

Some of the issue with the popper might have been with the activator cord. If it was still a little taught and the slack was on the swinger side it seamed a little heavier, if the slack was on the steel side it seamed a little lighter. I hope I conveyed it properly but I tried to keep an eye on it after I was told of the issue.

It still was a great match and I had a lot of fun! BTW, who's idea was it to have those small plates at 25 yards?????? That person is now off the Christmas Card list!

Brian

Lol. Those plates. I was all ready for a mag a piece, or two shots each move on. To my surprise... Hit, miss, Hit....

in my head thinking (crap, I got to run to the other box), Hit, Hit.... crap, I am forgetting to reload. Fortunately there was a long way to go so had time for reload. 5 shots, 4 hit plates at 25 yards, aint complaining... although yes, pure evil fun.

That was probably the only really bad stage I had. I had 12 loaded in the mags, figured that was enough, figured wrong and ran dry. I know what my mistake was though. My G35 shoots about 4 inches high at 25 yards, guess who changed the sights on my 1911 to shoot the same for a similar sight picture to make it easier to switch back and forth? I was aiming right at the middle of the plates wondering why all the rounds where high! After misses on the left side I started aiming lower and hit both, went right and aimed at the middle again and ran dry. Yay what fun!

Maksim, how many shooters where there total? We were moving pretty well for the most part.

Brian

I counted 5 RAPID hits on the activator, completely unnecessary. It also took me two shots to knock it down. We were also both shooting factory ammo....that popper NEEDED to be calibrated.

Did Maks put that penny under the popper again, I hate when he does that... :sarcastichand:

Just kidding, as was said, you can always have the MD come check it for proper calibration, however on the same note we did have a lot of 9mm ammo at the last USPSA at OB that when we did the Crono on it, it didn;t make PF.

That surprised me, and if you ever make it up to OB for one of these matches let me know, I have a Crono I keep in the car so you can play with it to see what shoots what in your gun.