DTtuner

6 months of waiting, finally paid off :)

Congratulations. Sorry about the 6-months wait. That should never be allowed to happen. I just got my permits after waiting a couple months or so. Looks like the Gen4 Glock-19. What made you decided on the 19? I've read about them and the 19 is on my "futher down the road" list to obtain. Most of the reviews I've read/seen have been positive. Just make sure aware of the RSA (recoil spring assembly) swap-out program from Glock. Also, search on the net about potential issues with the ejector. Good luck with the 19.

Congratulations. Sorry about the 6-months wait. That should never be allowed to happen. I just got my permits after waiting a couple months or so. Looks like the Gen4 Glock-19. What made you decided on the 19? I've read about them and the 19 is on my "futher down the road" list to obtain. Most of the reviews I've read/seen have been positive. Just make sure aware of the RSA (recoil spring assembly) swap-out program from Glock. Also, search on the net about potential issues with the ejector. Good luck with the 19.

Thank you! It is a Gen4 G19.

I had plenty of time to read-up on the RSA, and ejector issues.

My G19's shot-date is September 14th, 2011.

So, hopefully the spring and ejector are already updated.

My firearms are chosen with reliability as the main priority.

Plus, a Glock is a thing of beauty to this beholding eye.

Put 100 rounds through her immediately after my purchase.

Not a single hiccup.

The slide is already being mailed-out for night sights upgrade :)

Same here!

I really love it.

To me it's a thing of absolute engineering beauty.

Even looking at the pic in this thread makes me all giddy inside.

I must have opened the case a dozen times after getting home last night.

My excitement makes me want to walk around the house with it

My responsible side won't let me =P

(unloaded, with no magazine, of course)

My G19's shot-date is September 14th, 2011.

So, hopefully the spring and ejector are already updated.

I got mine in February. It had an 0-4 spring in it and the replacement they sent me a couple of weeks ago is an 0-4-3 spring (read clockwise from the 9 o'clock position). I guess that means it is the 3rd iteration for this part.

At one time, I was pretty close to getting a G19, even though they don't particularly appeal to my eyes. I wanted a 9mm and from everything I've read or heard, the Glock was pretty much bullet proof. I even recall seeing videos of Glocks being buried and dug up and shot after a couple years or something. Definitely some pretty impressive **** right there. Then recently, I started reading the reviews of the Ruger SR9 9mm. In particular, this one.

3301-1.jpg

So now, I'm on the fence between which of these two 9mm I'd rather own. I've read great reviews on both guns. Anyway, I wish you great luck with your Glock. You sound really excited about it, as you should be. Take care again and congratulations.

Make it an S&W M&P and a Browning Buckmark, and I am with you.

Chris, I have no problems increasing the list to 4 must haves..but for me I have the 2 I mentioned but given the chance to shoot the others I am always open to change my mind, or as my OL is believed to think, my mind changed.. :icon_mrgreen:

shoot both multiple times then decide. NEVER buy a gun soley based on reviews or other people's opinions. I personally went with an M&P for my FULL SIZE handgun.

I can't see how that's possible in all cases. Sure, ideally, you want to fire one before you purchaes one. Many times, the best you'll be able to do is "hold one" before you purchase it. Very worse case (never recommended) is that you purchase one without ever seeing it in person.

I can't see how that's possible in all cases. Sure, ideally, you want to fire one before you purchaes one. Many times, the best you'll be able to do is "hold one" before you purchase it. Very worse case (never recommended) is that you purchase one without ever seeing it in person.

I will disagree with that statement. The only time it will be impossible to fire it beforehand is if it is a new gun and no one else has one.

Go to any of the matches, go to any meetups, or just post and ask to shoot something, and I guarantee you someone will have it and let you shoot it.

Especially with a commonly produced gun such as a Ruger SR9, Glock 19, M&P 9, etc. No reason why you don't get to fire it before you buy it.

IIRC, on a few occasions Victor (vjf) told you you can shoot his. Glocks are dime a dozen. M&P's are now too.

This aint some limited factory 10mm, or a brand new gun that was just released... its a freaking Glock. Be social, come out and meet forum members. Don't hide behind a keyboard.

I got mine in February. It had an 0-4 spring in it and the replacement they sent me a couple of weeks ago is an 0-4-3 spring (read clockwise from the 9 o'clock position). I guess that means it is the 3rd iteration for this part.

Oh! I'm gonna see which spring I have tonight.

I will disagree with that statement. The only time it will be impossible to fire it beforehand is if it is a new gun and no one else has one.

Go to any of the matches, go to any meetups, or just post and ask to shoot something, and I guarantee you someone will have it and let you shoot it.

Especially with a commonly produced gun such as a Ruger SR9, Glock 19, M&P 9, etc. No reason why you don't get to fire it before you buy it.

IIRC, on a few occasions Victor (vjf) told you you can shoot his. Glocks are dime a dozen. M&P's are now too.

This aint some limited factory 10mm, or a brand new gun that was just released... its a freaking Glock. Be social, come out and meet forum members. Don't hide behind a keyboard.

I hear what you're saying, I really do, but it's impractical for the most part for me. Things like distance, time, effort, coordination, etc just don't make it as "easy" as you describe. All that aside, more times than not, you're probably shooting something that's been worked or modded anyway, so it not what you're getting out-of-the box. Here's an example. I went to a range and shot a Sig P226 as a rental. I really liked the gun, to the point were I wanted to buy one. They only had the Sig P226 DAK. Guy at the counter got all pissed off becuase I didn't want to purchase that DAK. WTF???? In his mind, I "tried" a P226, so I should have been OK to buy the DAK version. Similar thing here. You wind up borrowing something, find out it's been worked from one end to the other, go out and buy the gun and figure out why the f*ck it don't shoot like the one you already tried.

All of that being said, I'd never agree to shoot someone else's guns, ever, without knowing them pretty well. There's just some things I won't do.

Man, I bought a LOT of guns sight unseen and obviously never held or shot. Guess when you buy one S&W revolver you kinda know what to expect from the next. ;)

Just picked-up 3 more last night. One will not get shot, but the other two will, maybe tonight...... :)