Anselmo

Range 14

Just got back from Range 14. Only 3 rifle stands remaining. They are tearing out the rifle stands and replacing with a continuous roof with bays. This way they can fit more people on the range. Pistol side was open and don't know if they plan any changes on that side. Call before you go to be sure the rifle range is available.

Hopefully it will be an improvement. My biggest issue before was, that they had two handicap tables that they wouldn't let anybody use. Ever. So there were always two open tables with people waiting. Why not let people shoot there and just let them know, that if someone who legitimately requires that table, then you have to move and/or wait again?

Thanks for the heads up!

I don't know if I see this as a plus down at Ft. Dix. I've been at Ft. Dix and those people are crazy. Adding more people for that one RO in the stand to watch just sounds like a mess to me. Ft. Dix is like the outdoor bullethole. They attract the non-safety conscious folks it seems.

I don't know if I see this as a plus down at Ft. Dix. I've been at Ft. Dix and those people are crazy. Adding more people for that one RO in the stand to watch just sounds like a mess to me. Ft. Dix is like the outdoor bullethole. They attract the non-safety conscious folks it seems.

Only my second time there today and I had to speak to the guy next to me who was casing up his pistol during a ceasefire while I was downrange. But the RO did question me as to the capacity of my magazine. It's a factory 10 round long magazine for my 15-22. It does look full capacity but it says 10 round right on it. I showed the RO the writing on the magazine and he thanked me for my cooperation.

When Range 14 says they open at 1pm, I thought that mean first shot at 1pm. No. They make you wait until 1pm to pay so the first shot is closer to 1:30.

They should have left those slabs and poured new concrete around them..

Unless they are not using concrete..

Not always the best option especially if the concrete guy doesn't know what the hell they are doing. Depending on how they are laying out the slabs, if those slabs ended up in the middle it'd be an expansion joint nightmare. Sometimes it's easier to just rip out and start fresh.

so will we get some credit for the time we cannot use the range? :icon_twisted:

That's a legit question to me. I joined there less than a month ago just to shoot my rifle, and now apparently I won't be able to do that for a few months. So a big chunk of my membership fee just went down the drain. Luckily it's only 60 bucks for a whole year so it's not much to agonize over.

Here's an update. I went this morning and they put out several fold out tables and cones for extra stations in the mean time. They said they were going to see how that goes in the mean time (They may only do it on the weekends). They tried to put out chairs, but they sunk into the sand, so they decided against it. There were a total of 12 stations on the rifle range today, 9 fold out tables and 3 of the original tables.

Also, they mentioned that until construction is finished, they will be limiting people to 1 hour at a time. Idk if that is only on weekends though.

how about some pics??

They told me work starts after T Day. I would call to confirm exact meaning. Should reopen in Jan. Will have 18 'tables' but don't know if that is with/without 2 handicapped.

Pretty ugly today - sheet of paper with table no. '13' on it. But really not complaining. The bullets came out da AK just fine!! LOL.

So crazy that I was there maybe three or four days before they uprooted everything-- things looked business as usual. With that said, sounds like the changes are to the benefit for everyone, so, I can't say I mind. Now, if we could do something about making it feel safer...