Old School

Electonic Gate Installed @ CR

Was up there yesterday and the electronic Gate was installed but not operable. Hopefully soon! I wonder if it will cut down on people that walk on and think CR is a open to the public range.

Hopefully they'll put up a camera at the entrance too.

Then how are guests supposed to get in?

I was wondering the same thing. I sometimes have guests meet me at the clubhouse if it's out of the way for them to meet at my house. Do I now have to either wait at the gate in my car blocking the road or park in the lot and walk back and wait for them? I realize this is an exception rather than the norm, but still curious nonetheless. It might just be something we have to deal with to have increased security. I have plenty of other questions about how it will work, but it might just be better to wait until it's operational and see for myself. Anyone know an ETA when it's expected to be operational? I assume they have to get keycards/passcodes out to all members prior to flipping the switch.

I was wondering the same thing. I sometimes have guests meet me at the clubhouse if it's out of the way for them to meet at my house. Do I now have to either wait at the gate in my car blocking the road or park in the lot and walk back and wait for them? I realize this is an exception rather than the norm, but still curious nonetheless. It might just be something we have to deal with to have increased security. I have plenty of other questions about how it will work, but it might just be better to wait until it's operational and see for myself. Anyone know an ETA when it's expected to be operational? I assume they have to get keycards/passcodes out to all members prior to flipping the switch.

Blocking the road won't be an option if I'm behind you waiting to get in... :sarcastichand:

And the walk from the parking lot is minimal. You can see the gate from there.

Such big deals made out of such trivial things. The bottom of range road off of Canistear has lots of room for you to wait for your guest. A 100 ft up the road from range road there is a HUGE spot to park on the side of the road that you could easily meet your guest. Make sure you arrive before your guest and they can't miss you. It is kind of like being a grown up and not actually getting somewhere on time but in fact arriving early.

With all that said, I HIGHLY doubt the key fobs will be in action within the next month to two months so you have plenty of time to figure out how you will want to handle the situation.

On another note, I've been told that there will now be a turn around area before the gate for those people that thing CR is a public range, and now when they realize it is not, they have room to turn around :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

Such big deals made out of such trivial things. The bottom of range road off of Canistear has lots of room for you to wait for your guest. A 100 ft up the road from range road there is a HUGE spot to park on the side of the road that you could easily meet your guest. Make sure you arrive before your guest and they can't miss you. It is kind of like being a grown upLike reponsible firearms ownership and not actually getting somewhere on time but in fact arriving early.

With all that said, I HIGHLY doubt the key fobs will be in action within the next month to two months so you have plenty of time to figure out how you will want to handle the situation.

On another note, I've been told that there will now be a turn around area before the gate for those people that think CR is a public range,I'd like to see if the volumn drops and now when they realize it is not, they have room to turn around :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

I was there today and it looks like they were working on the gate and cameras. Your guests might be able to push a call button and a guard may be able to open the gate for them to come to the clubhouse. I really dont mind the cameras but I hope in the spring they put some money into the archery range. that range is sad....really sad.

CJRP uses a code for matches.. if you are just meeting to shoot with a buddy meet at wawa or something close to the range and drive in together..

As Matt said, there's a HUGE parking area about 250 yards up the street from the range (towards 23). There is also a parking area right at 23/Canistear. The nearest actual store is 8 miles in one direction from the range and about 5 in the other.

Yes the Archery range is going to be completely redone but probably not until spring time I am hearing.

Now that exciting news!If anyones knows when this is planned I will be more than willing to help.

I asked the RO today about the gate and he claimed that the members would be getting keyfobs for the gate when we renew our memberships. He did not know what the plan was with guests but they will have sometime to figure that out because the gate will not be going into service until the membership goes through one full cycle of renewals

He did not know what the plan was with guests but they will have sometime to figure that out because the gate will not be going into service until the membership goes through one full cycle of renewals

Well that's just stupid. Make everyone come to the range and pick one up within a two month window. After that point, make the gate operational and then members who haven't picked up a fob can park their car outside the gate and walk up to the clubhouse to get their fob.

That is entirely retarded. Some of the things they do just bewilders me.

When you renew, they are going to send it in the mail anyway, so why not just send them all out in the mail.

The only thing I can come up with is, they don't want to send a fob to someone who isn't going to renew for another year.

For NJ's worst range, they have the dumbest rules. Why even be a member if they don't even support IDPA/USPSA/steel matches or the like?

you live in northern NJ (passaic/morris/bergen/sussex area), you want a 200/300 yd range. what are your options up here without having to drive more than an hour?

For NJ's worst range, they have the dumbest rules. Why even be a member if they don't even support IDPA/USPSA/steel matches or the like?

Seriously..... thats really a stupid blanket statement....

What makes then the worst? ..... in fact, what really makes them bad?

Stupid Range rules? ..... such as?

Seriously..... thats really a stupid blanket statement....

What makes then the worst? ..... in fact, what really makes them bad?

Stupid Range rules? ..... such as?

Annoying ROs, no rapid fire, no steel, no action matches, and I'm sure there are more.

Annoying ROs, no rapid fire, no steel, no action matches, and I'm sure there are more.

I wondered why they did not have action matches. The reason is the range is just too busy with too many other matches and activities. The members complain already that the range is closed too much. There are plans for an new area for action matches so stay tuned.

The range is too crowded for steel. Someone is bound to get hit with splatter. I've been hit a USPSA matches. You learn where not to stand.

The ROs are cool once they get to know you and see you know what you are doing. They like Old School so they cannot be that bad.

You may be able to shoot rapid fire accurately and safely but the neebie next to you cannot. But he sees you and figures he can. I think it's better to err on the safe side rather than have a range out of control.

I wondered why they did not have action matches. The reason is the range is just too busy with too many other matches and activities. The members complain already that the range is closed too much. There are plans for an new area for action matches so stay tuned.

The range is too crowded for steel. Someone is bound to get hit with splatter. I've been hit a USPSA matches. You learn where not to stand.

The ROs are cool once they get to know you and see you know what you are doing. They like Old School so they cannot be that bad.

You may be able to shoot rapid fire accurately and safely but the neebie next to you cannot. But he sees you and figures he can. I think it's better to err on the safe side rather than have a range out of control.

What's not to like?

Sweet, charming, handsome... Just can't shoot... :sarcastichand: