Heres a very basic mounting idea. Im going to hang these at easton, they have rebar already there so these will clip right up to it. A stand could also be made and you just clip them to that. Nice and flexible. I didnt waste any time painting my shiney new plates up :D

Is this rebar up the rifle range at Easton? Out at the 100yd mark?

Hey Harry, I'll take another 8 inch with holes. PM on the way.

Done, see you and Rich at the ID Range at noon, if there was anyone else who was in on the buy and is going to be at the ID range between noon and 1400 today, let me know ASAP, and I'll bring your steel.

• Like 1

I think i might go to the indoor range early to practice DA only with the Sig. My last steel shoot time was depressing.

I imagine shoot these steel plates at the indoor is a no no.

You got it, no steel for personal use at the ID range, single target centered on the target stand and thats it.

The only steel is during the indoor events like WCS and there are restriction on ammo use. Frangible ammo, but only when these events are being run.

• Like 1

How long is the chain, looks like about 12" ?

About that, I used 12 links. I dont know the exact link size though. I just wildy guessed as to the best length though, so dont assume I'm right! I figgure too long and it will swing around too much. I used 10 links on the smaller target

harry, bring my steel to the indoor range, i'll stop in for some shooting sometime between 12 - 2

Have fun with it, good to see ya and wish I had time to stick around and shoot some more but I had to get back home for 1 more person who is picking up steel and for my daughter to come home from school.

• Like 1

How long is the chain, looks like about 12" ?

I see Glenn answered you, but if your hanging steel like he is, take a look, the connector to attach to something can be used on any link, so you can adjust it long or short using any link in the chain, so I would go longer just so you have the flexibility to do whatever you want at the range.

• Like 1

It's WAY too nice out!

I'm headed over to the outdoor range to try and dent this steel.

You are all welcome to come down and help :D .

I'll be there by 2pm.

Sweet what are you shooting at it with and what distance? I want to send some steel core 8mm mauser into mine :icon_twisted: it should be good up through .338 lapua mag at 100 yards if its not rigidly fixed

Sweet what are you shooting at it with and what distance? I want to send some steel core 8mm mauser into mine :icon_twisted: it should be good up through .338 lapua mag at 100 yards if its not rigidly fixed

I'm shooting 22 and 9mm at the 50 yrd pit. Might even try the mosin 7.62x54.

Awesome, got my steel via relay with knuckle sandwich...thanks again Dan...and thank you Harry for setting this all up. Only thing, I wish the holes weren't so close together(thats what she said lol). Personally I would of liked each hole down and out another 1/2" to help separate the hardware a lil more...I'm totally not an expert on this, just something I noticed right away when I saw it.

IMAG0374.jpg

Awesome, got my steel via relay with knuckle sandwich...thanks again Dan...and thank you Harry for setting this all up. Only thing, I wish the holes weren't so close together(thats what she said lol). Personally I would of liked each hole down and out another 1/2" to help separate the hardware a lil more...I'm totally not an expert on this, just something I noticed right away when I saw it.

I would have like to see the spacing on the holes to be a little greater also, however if you make a 2 pronged holder for the steel, you would want one holder that would hold each of the plates no matter what size you had. So with that in mind, the 4" plates pretty much dictated to hole spacing.

• Like 1

I would have like to see the spacing on the holes to be a little greater also, however if you make a 2 pronged holder for the steel, you would want one holder that would hold each of the plates no matter what size you had. So with that in mind, the 4" plates pretty much dictated to hole spacing.

Wow, so the 12" plates have the same hole spacing?

Huh? Happen to have a pic of that? I'm thinking of using like a 3" spacer w/a piece of threaded rod thru it between the chains right above the plate, keep the chains separated and help lessen the twisting. Then again, if I hit dead center, there won't be that problem lol.