vladtepes

Aimpoint Pro?

Love mine!! Happy I traded my eotech for it. I was dissapointed with me eotech as it was very blury at the brightness I needed it at to see it. And it was an the latest model that cost me a bit more than this aimpoint. Can't speak for cowitness as I don't have iron sights.

The restriction of sale to LE/MIL isn't a legal issue, it's a marketing issue. From what i understand, they're restricting sales of this optic to LE/MIL only because of supply issues. Don't know if this is temporary while they figure out ways to ramp up production (it's been out for over a year now), or if they just don't have the capacity to produce more.

They gouge the civilian market.

If you place large institutional orders you don't get gouged. However lots of small departments do not do procurement in that manner, and aimpoint was losing business in that market to slightly cheaper competition. So they came out with the pro, but tell their sellers to restrict sales so they can continue to gouge the civilian market.

buy thru LaRue Tactical. No military/LE check and you can get one of the best mounts out there

You can buy without LEO/MIL restriction there, but it costs (with the Larue Mount), $555, which is $9 MORE than a Comp ML2 (with Larue Mount), thereby defeating the purpose of having a "cheap" Aimpoint PRO. I'm extremely confused by their pricing on these optics. I suppose the PRO also includes the standard Aimpoint mount, but who needs 2 mounts for a single optic?

You can buy without LEO/MIL restriction there, but it costs (with the Larue Mount), $555, which is $9 MORE than a Comp ML2 (with Larue Mount), thereby defeating the purpose of having a "cheap" Aimpoint PRO. I'm extremely confused by their pricing on these optics. I suppose the PRO also includes the standard Aimpoint mount, but who needs 2 mounts for a single optic?

as discussed earlier.. it is to encourage individuals to buy from their civilian market..

this is not a legal obligation... they simply will only sell to LEO or MIL....

you gotta have at least ONE friend that fits that description?

M3 has 2 OR 4 MOA dot availability

I find the 4 MOA dot the PRO has to be plenty adecquite.. I had a 2MOA dot so can compare..

Pro comes WITH mount

a mount that at first glanse was eh.. but now that I have it in hand.. is pretty nice.. ESPECIALLY considering I paid nothing for it.. LOL

M3 has slightly more battery time

but in the context of an Aimpoint which you could leave on for years.. MOOT point IMO...

Aimpoint PRO hands down.. well worth it.. great optic for the money..

Maybe I can do a group buy for you guys and use my LEO status

pretty sure the LEO thing is straightened out for anyone that needs one.. best price I can get given that scenario is $385 to the door.. I could inquire on a slightly deeper discount if numerous people were interested..