avc8130

Njsp Requires Appointment For Ppp?

Have had my FPID from back when I lived in Parsippany. Moved up to Sussex last October and promptly did a change of address and got 2 pistol permits (which I used like a good NJ citizen). I played the "game" and stopped by the local barracks to pick up the "packet". Then I followed the instructions and called the Sgt for an appointment. The whole process from me waking up and wanting a change of address was close to 5 months.

Fast forward to today. A buddy calls and tells me he wants to sell a pistol. Me, being a good friend, tells him I will buy it. I call the NJSP and figure I should be able to just drop the forms and get the process rolling, 30 days right?

AHAHAAHAHAHA, boy did they have something else in mind. Guess what, need another appointment. When is the next appointment? January 4th! Yes, 23 days away! Any appointments that don't require taking time off work? Heck no!

Argh, so frustrating. I can see this is going to be another 5 month process again.

Be sure to apply for six permits. At $2 a pop they are cheap. This way you only need to make 2 trips a year for permits, and will always have one in hand.

You have silly math. :drag:

To get them extended...I need an appointment again. So it would be 4 trips annually to maintain permits.

ac

You have silly math. :drag:

To get them extended...I need an appointment again. So it would be 4 trips annually to maintain permits.

ac

An appointment for extensions. That is painful. Sorry to hear it. At least an extension is a formality (i.e. a chief's signature on a piece of paper).

People are similarly getting log jammed by being forced to make appointments with 3rd party fingerprint services that are scheduling fingerprints weeks or months away due to being back-logged. The PD's can conveniently deny that they are the cause of FID/permit delays.

I also live in Sussex County. I did some research, and the only NJSP barracks I could find that required an appointment was Augusta. For example, at Hope you just walk in and whoever is on the desk witnesses the necessary signatures. But I can't go to the Hope barracks because they don't cover my town.

I applied for a change in FID and several permits on October 5. Still waiting.

I also live in Sussex County. I did some research, and the only NJSP barracks I could find that required an appointment was Augusta. For example, at Hope you just walk in and whoever is on the desk witnesses the necessary signatures. But I can't go to the Hope barracks because they don't cover my town.

I applied for a change in FID and several permits on October 5. Still waiting.

Augusta is the barracks that covers my town. Netcong would be much more convenient as it is closer to me at work. Can I go to any barracks or does it have to be the one that covers my town?

ac

The troopers at Hope told me I had to go to Augusta, since that is the barracks responsible for my town. So effectively they are my police department, and I presume would be most familiar with me if I was a troublemaker. Or not.

My friend is having a similar experience in Rutherford. They require an appointment or interview of some sort. I thought they weren't allowed to do that? I'm glad I live in lyndhurst...4 weeks from the time I was finger printed, I had my FID and PP in hand.

also double check to see if your chef signs extentions, some do, and some do not... so what was your buddy selling curious? hehe...

They do, been down that road before. But I lied a bit. I actually had to drop off the permits for extension to be signed and then go back to pick them up. So...if you wanted to have permits for 6 months you need 4 total trips to the station:

1. Pick up paperwork and schedule appointment.

2. Appointment to hand in paperwork.

3. Appointment to drop off for extension.

4. Pickup extension.

Sig P238 Dual Tone w/ spare mag and xbreed iwb holster. Not nearly as "useful" in NJ as most other states...but the price is right.

ac

I don't recall any part of the statute requiring you to go to THE NJSP barracks that services your home area.

Just not a toll road barracks.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was just another pothole those with power here behind enemy lines throw in our way.

"Hey - he's got a hollow point bullet (projectile only, no case, powder or primer) on his keychain! That's a 4th degree crime you scumbag! Say goodbye to your gun rights and your voting rights forever! You're a felon now!! HaHaHa" :rtfm:

ETA: Thank you Pizza Bob! Leave it to the unelected to make the rules we have to live by (the Administrative Code)

Edited by njJoniGuy

I don't recall any part of the statute requiring you to go to THE NJSP barracks that services your home area.

Just not a toll road barracks.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was just another pothole those with power here behind enemy lines throw in our way.

Couldn't find the statute, but found this in the AC (I've deleted parts that don't apply to this issue)...

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.4 Applications for a firearms purchaser identification card and for a permit

to purchase a handgun

(d) The application shall be signed by the applicant and the completed application, together with

two sets of the applicant's fingerprints and fees as established by N.J.A.C. 13:59 in accordance with

N.J.S.A. 53:1-20.5 et seq., a consent for mental health records search form designated SP 66 and a

nonrefundable application fee of $ 5.00 for a firearms identification card and $ 2.00 for a permit to

purchase a handgun, shall be submitted to the chief of police of an organized full-time police

department in the municipality in which the applicant resides. If the municipality does not have an

organized full-time police department, application shall be made to the State Police station servicing

the municipality in which the applicant resides, or to any State Police station in the case of a nonresident

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thats insane. Soon you'll need an appointment to just pickup the forms.

In my town - we do. Appointment to pick up the forms, appointment to drop them off and sign the permits and, sometimes, appointment to pick them up. All during normal business hours. No night or weekend service. Additionaly, a notarized statement that you are not a criminal is required every time you submit for a permit.

In my town - we do. Appointment to pick up the forms, appointment to drop them off and sign the permits and, sometimes, appointment to pick them up. All during normal business hours. No night or weekend service. Additionaly, a notarized statement that you are not a criminal is required every time you submit for a permit.

Sounds to me to be yet another tactic to intentionally slow the process down.

Additionaly, a notarized statement that you are not a criminal is required every time you submit for a permit.

Illegal - adding form or content. Ask them why they are violating the law, next time.

1) Go to the www.nj2as.com documents page - http://www.nj2as.com...?pageId=1171468

2) Print out NJ Statute 2C 58-3 pdf

3) Bring it with you to the police department

4) See Pizza Bob's post above

Did all that. Answer - the chief wants it done that way. Period. He is very anti-gun and was famous for trying to institute OGAM (and one permit per application) locally before it was passed as a law. That BS was over with, following multiple complaints to NJSP FU.

If NJ2AS wants to do something about it - please e-mail me and I will gladly provide the name of the township and, if needed, get that paperwork. I am not prepared to accuse the chief of violating the law - don't want every permit to take six months.

Did all that. Answer - the chief wants it done that way. Period. He is very anti-gun and was famous for trying to institute OGAM (and one permit per application) locally before it was passed as a law. That BS was over with, following multiple complaints to NJSP FU.

If NJ2AS wants to do something about it - please e-mail me and I will gladly provide the name of the township and, if needed, get that paperwork. I am not prepared to accuse the chief of violating the law - don't want every permit to take six months.

WTF. The Chief doesn't get a vote when it comes to this.

Having to make an appointment can be vague... I have to make appointments to pick up and drop off forms, however, i accept those terms because the appointments are always when 1 of the 3 LEO's who handle the paperwork are on duty. No one else in the PD will touch the paperwork which is actually nice. If they are on duty when i call i just meet them at the station, if not then i have to wait until one of them is on duty... When its ready for pickup same deal, when ever they are on duty they just meet with me at the PD.

However, making you wait a month just to apply is absurd.

Make an appointment to speak with the mayor of your town about how his police chief isn't following New Jersey Law.

Make an appointment to speak with the mayor of your town about how his police chief isn't following New Jersey Law.

Something tell me that this will change nothing, other than puts my name on the sh*t list with the chief. Back when he came up with his own OGAM and one permit per application ideas, someone compaint to the NJSP FU, and they called him and told him to knock it off. Now the guy who complained, waits a long time every time he needs a PP.

Something tell me that this will change nothing, other than puts my name on the sh*t list with the chief. Back when he came up with his own OGAM and one permit per application ideas, someone compaint to the NJSP FU, and they called him and told him to knock it off. Now the guy who complained, waits a long time every time he needs a PP.

... and because of acceptance like this, law-men of towns who openly break the law, will continue to do so.