gunforhire

The NY Times - ALL CCW Holders are dangerous!

Usually they (the media) put these things up when there is bill to be voted on, bill signed into law or to promote a certain politician. I glossed over the article, I see that they concentrated on North Carolina. Note that usually when these types of anti gun articles comes up, the Southern States seems to be singled out...as in this example.

I never see Vermont mentioned in anti gun articles. Probably because it is a liberal state and people could carry concealed or open without a permit. The NYT would have a hard time trying to explain that to its readers.

Just read over page one of the story, and read down some of the comments under. Glad to see some people actually got their pro gun posts up on the board. Seems like the trend of the anti gun people is to point out carrying in church, court, or a bar.

One person points out how its not necessary for everyone to use their second amendment right. Guess this idiot doesn't realize that our bill of rights is for EVERYONE!

I read this article and it is clearly unbalanced. However, the very fact that the authors can point to such a small number of individual events rather makes the point against them.

This wiki page is of interest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

The point is not whether violent crime goes down, the point is whether or not it goes UP. If the answer to that is "no", then there is no reason whatsoever to restrict this activity, any more than to restrict any other with inherent dangers, such as driving.

The NYT is clearly advancing an anti-gun agenda with this article and they should be called out on it full and hard.

G

The NYT is clearly advancing an anti-gun agenda with this article and they should be called out on it full and hard.

The NY Times has long since given up any pretense of being the bastion of unbiased journalism that they may have once been. Instead, they unabashedly advance a liberal agenda, not just in their editorial content, but in their news stories as well.

Hypocrisy at its finest .http://www.thetrutha...an-prosecution/

Great article. This Tenn women is indeed the perfect martyr. She is sympathetic and in fact her willingness to abide by the law was her undoing. Nothing could fit HR822 better.

From the post article: After she was busted, police found a white substance in her purse

Anyone have any more detail on that one? If it is drugs, this woman's goose is cooked.

What white powder do women usually have in their purse? My wife doesn't carry anything but lipstick.

I travel a lot and ALL my southern friends carry this in their purses and wallets - http://www.goodyspowder.com/

Tastes nasty but works lightning fast.

I hope thats what it was. I have read about 20 articles and spoke to a NYC Captain and have not heard anymore about the powder.

A thought to ponder from this quote -

“Clearly, the laws are too strict here, but that’s something we need to work out for ourselves without honoring licenses to carry guns in states where felons can carry them,” (Vallone) said.

Where in the US can felons carry guns? This is the type of uneducated crap we have to fight.

the firearm organizations and nra around the area where anti gun makes a column on the paper, should really answer when something negative is brought up agains gun owner n our rights! nra should show support to the lady who visited the wtc memorial with ccw. she might have made a mistake but she was not dangerous!!!

Goody's is good stuff. My friends wife used it all the time and he could only find it in a rite aid. Before rite aid opened in SI, he would ask us to buy 2-3 boxes every time we pass a rite aid. lol

I wonder if we could donate to her defense?

Goody's is good stuff. My friends wife used it all the time and he could only find it in a rite aid. Before rite aid opened in SI, he would ask us to buy 2-3 boxes every time we pass a rite aid. lol

I wonder if we could donate to her defense?

NJ2AS is setting up a fund now!

A thought to ponder from this quote -

“Clearly, the laws are too strict here, but that’s something we need to work out for ourselves without honoring licenses to carry guns in states where felons can carry them,” (Vallone) said.

Where in the US can felons carry guns? This is the type of uneducated crap we have to fight.

I think they twist into this one in two ways. First, in some states, it is possible for Felons to have their rights restored, hence, someone convicted of a felony could carry a gun. Second, they claim that someone _accused_ of a felony will not have his license revoked until he's actually convicted of the felony. I guess in NY, if you are arrested for a felony, you immediately lose all your rights?

But let's go ahead and state what this is really about. It's about getting a headline out there. "Florida allows felons to carry guns". That's all that really matters to them. That the statement is false really has no bearing on the situation. 99% of people will hear the lie and parrot it. "Bawwk, did you hear, Florida, allows felons to carry guns, Bawwk., where is the vote democrat button..bawwk".

The first thing that pops in my mind reading that story is, "One time at band camp."

Hundreds of thousands of CCW holders and they have to dig to China to find examples of bad behavior. How many people were mugged in NYC this year? I'll bet it wouldn't take too much research to figure out how many had CCW permits. How about how many shootings in NYC this year were commited by CCW holders?

It's a shame that the owners of the NYTimes couldn't have kids that take over the business AND possess normal functioning brains.

People in Tennessee think of NYC as a dangerous place where criminals have guns. I'm not sure it's far from the truth either.

“Clearly, the laws are too strict here, but that's something we need to work out for ourselves without honoring licenses to carry guns in states where felons can carry them,”

I love this quote. I love it. It starts off with an admittance of them having stupid laws. I am sure it is one that the classic "uhh, I didn't mean that, you are taking it out of context, blahblahblah" response it will get. But it gets better. It was stated because of his OWN lie. So he admits something I am sure he didn't want to, in justification for something that isn't even true to begin with, in order to push an agenda. Good work!

I love this quote. I love it. It starts off with an admittance of them having stupid laws. I am sure it is one that the classic "uhh, I didn't mean that, you are taking it out of context, blahblahblah" response it will get. But it gets better. It was stated because of his OWN lie. So he admits something I am sure he didn't want to, in justification for something that isn't even true to begin with, in order to push an agenda. Good work!

This had to Give King Mike a mini Stroke!