this_is_nascar

Machine Gun Brought on Subway in NYC

It's because of a**holes like this that we're forced to deal with the laws and restrictions which have been placed upon us.

http://global.christ...y-in-nyc-66231/

actually.. peope like that are exactly why we should NOT have to deal with regulations.. people like that illustrate that regulations DO NOT WORK.. and are FEEL GOOD NONSENSE..... these are the stories you should point to every time some idiot raves about gun laws making life safer.. GUN LAWS DO NOT MAKE YOU SAFER.. because people like that are still going to get guns... and they are still going to carry guns.. and they are most certainly still going to USE guns..

• Like 3

I agree. The problem is the lax legal system. Back in january I stopped a guy who jumped a turnstile. He shoves my partner and takes off. I tackle him and we fight for a good 5 minutes. All the while he is reaching for something by his stomach. After all is said and done we stand up. I search him and find a loaded revolver with 3 spent rounds. 26 and 3 felony convictions. Yet back on the street. Gun was from out of state. Criminal history was a novel at 26. When are they going to realize these people can't be out on the street. We got him on federal charges and he still only got 62 months. Yet I have missed a year of work, had 10 spinal injections and still have back and leg issues where I will need fusion surgery in the future. Sorry for the rant but I am fed up with the joke of a legal system.

defaced firearm

carrying without a license in any state

This is exactly when they should throw the book at a guy - but he'll make some sweet heart deal and they will let him off after all his mommy was a prostitute and his daddy an abuser and he had such a bad childhood blah blah blah or some such.

Meanwhile the marine and the female doctor student will spend years in jail. This country is f-ed up and Bloomberg is the poster child for it.

• Like 1

I agree. The problem is the lax legal system. Back in january I stopped a guy who jumped a turnstile. He shoves my partner and takes off. I tackle him and we fight for a good 5 minutes. All the while he is reaching for something by his stomach. After all is said and done we stand up. I search him and find a loaded revolver with 3 spent rounds. 26 and 3 felony convictions. Yet back on the street. Gun was from out of state. Criminal history was a novel at 26. When are they going to realize these people can't be out on the street. We got him on federal charges and he still only got 62 months. Yet I have missed a year of work, had 10 spinal injections and still have back and leg issues where I will need fusion surgery in the future. Sorry for the rant but I am fed up with the joke of a legal system.

This is where everything is f%^d up. Almost every one of stories includes a person who should STILL be in prison not walking the streets.

Cop in New York shot by man released because someone forgot to check for warrant?

BLF injured by man with 3 Felonies? How do you serve time for 3 felonies in 8 years?

How's about commit a crime do your F'ING sentence!!!!!!

Clip_vs_mag1.jpg

Somebody should pass this image out to every media source out there.

Terrible idea. They would see the bullets in the clips so those are the ones, and then wonder what those strange black blocks things on the right you call 'magazines?' are.

:p

• Like 1

Wow! Sorry to hear of your injury issues, but at least the a-hole didn't get to the pistol in his waistband, thanks to your tenacity.

Well, what do we expect when you hear that states like California and Kentucky are releasing hardcore felons due to budgetary concerns (link to KY story here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/news-good-bad-ugly/133743-releasing-felons-prison-way-balance-budget.html).

A neighbor of mine recently had her home burglarized. They eventually grabbed the guy because of prints he left behind, and he also had a record that was arm's length. Unfortunately, in this part of the country our feckless politicians will never get tough on crime, as that notion is unpopular with the overwhelming number of lib/Dem voters in the northeast (sorry for the political turn here, but it's relevant to the story content).

Get better soon!

Scott

Sorry to hear about your injuries. You're right, but the problem is bigger than a faulty legal system.

So here is a guy with an obvious disregard for the law. His mind is so twisted, and life is so cheap to him, that he would have shot you just so he didn't get caught jumping a turnstile. How does a person turn out that way?

I believe that a lot of the crime problems arise from a break down of the basic family structure. Parents should be teaching morals to kids. I don't see this problem getting any better.

You are correct. Family structure is all but gone. What I am saying is that when families lose the ability to control the kid or there is no family and the individual turns to the criminal side of the law the legal system MUST deal with it appropriately. I agree lesser crimes should not carry jail time to make sure there is space for those that are truly a danger to the public. It just makes me angry because if they did their job just maybe I might be dealing with what I am dealing with now and will be in the future. I understand I took a risk with this job it's just with these injuries it is really frustrating.

I'm showing my age, I know, but any of you guys ever see Escape from New York. I beleive Kurt Russul was the lead, Snake Plitskin or something like that. I've always loved the concept of that movie. Border off a state and through all the scumbags there and let them fend for themselves. Have everyone that commits a felony go to that place and I bet the crime rate goes way down.

sorry to hear about your injury, but isn't that what your night stick is for, so you don't injure yourself. the second he shoved your partner he earned a beat down.

He got one but I hurt myself when I tackled him into a wall and I landed back first on a metal bench bending backwards. I couldn't use the monadnock because we were on the ground and punches were more effective. Scumbag was all jacked up on pcp too. Finally sprayed him after he got tired and that seemed to shut him down. Messed up my hand and wrist pretty bad too. Oh well I will see him in 5 years for round two.

• Like 1