ChrisJM981

Why Cherry Ridge sucks: A member's rant

From page 7 of the January-February 2012 ANJRPC News & Briefs magazine

Annual Adult - $240 first year -- $175 rewewals (current price is $210 first year, $142 renewals)

Age 60+ - $185 first year -- $135 rewewals (current price is $160 first year, $105 renewals)

Annual Junior - $90 first year -- $65 rewewals (current price is $89 first year, $65 renewals)

Annual Family - $295* first year -- $275 rewewals (current price is $265 first year, $210 renewals)

Family 60+ - $250** first year -- $200 rewewals (current price is $245 first year, $180 renewals)

Life - $1,500 (current price is $1330)

*Plus one-time initiation fee of $50 per family member other than primary member

**Plus one-time initiation fee of $40 per family member other than primary member

So all of a sudden Scott Bach gets $150,000 a year salary as a part time president and prices go up...

Why am I bring that up again you ask? Well after not receiving my credentials to use the range I pay for when I renewed in JULY I received a membership card TODAY that expires in September (since my application wasn't processed till Sept when I joined) So I now have a range pass good for 9 months.

Now part of this is my fault for sitting on it and not following up. Luckily Anthony from Gun For Hire got my info to the right person and it was addressed. For that I thank him. My problem aside from a 9 month pass is the way in which it was sent to me. You have got to be kidding me. A place that boasts about rights, freedom, and their vast war chest cannot spare the 15 cents for an envelope to keep my information private. Now whoever saw this parcel of mail now knows I am a firearm owner and has my address. Thanks for nothing ANJRPC.

post-1277-0-93748600-1325831464_thumb.jpg

How different would it have been had they sent it in an envelope with the ANJRPC return address label on it? People would still be able to figure out that you are a member of ANJRPC (not necessarily a gun owner, just a member of a gun organization, I'm sure there are NRA, SAF, etc., members that are not gun owners). Do you get any firearm related magazines? Because they have your address on them too for everyone to see.

I do however agree with your first two points about the price increase and the slow application processing. Fortunately it doesn't bother me too much because I upgraded to a life membership since it was more cost effective for me, but it still bothers me on principle.

" Now whoever saw this parcel of mail now knows I am a firearm owner and has my address. Thanks for nothing ANJRPC."

What are you ashamed of? You need to come out of the closet along with thousands of others. Then, maybe we can be heard as a group with legitimate complaints about our rights being infringed. Maybe if people know a fine upstanding member of the community (such as you) own guns, they will change their atitudes.

" Now whoever saw this parcel of mail now knows I am a firearm owner and has my address. Thanks for nothing ANJRPC."

What are you ashamed of? You need to come out of the closet along with thousands of others. Then, maybe we can be heard as a group with legitimate complaints about our rights being infringed. Maybe if people know a fine upstanding member of the community (such as you) own guns, they will change their atitudes.

This brings up a whole other point. Does being known as a firearms owner make you more vulnerable to theft or robbery?

We all are entitled to our privacy and that privacy sometimes provides us security.

• Like 2

This brings up a whole other point. Does being known as a firearms owner make you more vulnerable to theft or robbery?

We all are entitled to our privacy and that privacy sometimes provides us security.

It is interesting the dichotomy between NJ and Ohio for example. In Ohio, it is assumed that everyone has guns, at least in the various communities in which I lived.

I'm not ashamed or I wouldn't be on this site.

Frank this was my concern. An envelope with ANJRPC and a po box in the upper left corner could easily be googled. Making it easy for someone to see what was sent simply by handling the parcel is my issue. How do I know the postman doesn't case houses for degenerate acquaintances/friends/etc? I'm not a tinfoil hat kind of guy, but to think it's impossible is naive. What if you don't own your place and rent? Other people will have a key to get in without your knowledge. These are potential situations that can easily be avoided.

Jim, I don't think this has anything to do with being ashamed of being a gunowner, and much more to do with privacy and advertising. Sending the card just like that would be the equivalent to requiring people to use their real names instead of usernames, and your address, verified by a utility bill, being listed for all to see.

Its one thing to drive around with an NRA sticker on your car, and totally different to advertise you are a gun owner and your address. and do you really want your post office people to know you are a gun owner? as much as I am against the tinfoil hats... would savings $.30 per membership id card to stuff it in an envelope really break CR?

This is just a boner move on their part. If I was a member, I would be emailing all the reps and board of directors at CR.

• Like 1

... would savings $.30 per membership id card to stuff it in an envelope really break CR?

This is just a boner move on their part. If I was a member, I would be emailing all the reps and board of directors at CR.

This is just pretty much nailed it.... it is silly to say the least. There are companies out there that they could cource it to to handle. If in fact they do that they need to re-think the plan...whomever is the 'genius' that thinks this is ok, should re-consider it.

Maybe it's just me, but between the Cabelas, MidwayUSA, Natchez & SportsmansGuide catalogs, letters from the NRA, a gun magazine or two.. I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet my mailman has a pretty good idea that there's a gun or two in the house. I doubt the ANJRPC membership card is the clue that brings it all together for him ;)

That said, I do agree they should put the damned things in an envelope simply because they always arrive scuffed up or with smudged ink and what not.

• Like 1

I doubt you mailman really gives a flying fick, if he saw the card in the mail,or the lead heads that came priority mail(outside of the fact that the 4000 heads weighed a lot)

If you want to through him off the trail register at Obama for change .com If you haven't already.

I doubt you mailman really gives a flying fick, if he saw the card in the mail,or the lead heads that came priority mail(outside of the fact that the 4000 heads weighed a lot)

If you want to through him off the trail register at Obama for change .com If you haven't already.

My mailman was so much nicer after I had 12000 Dardas bullets shipped to me...

My mailman was so much nicer after I had 12000 Dardas bullets shipped to me...

LOL

That's my point, H-ll I let everybody Know I'm Law Abiding gun owner

In my opinion they will be less likely to mess with you.

and in conversation you would be surprised who else is.

well I don't wanna be the 1 to rant and rave f***** someone please tell me why at 330 in the afternoon cherry ridge range is closed

thank god I only drove 15 minutes to be here but really why is it closed

well I don't wanna be the 1 to rant and rave f***** someone please tell me why at 330 in the afternoon cherry ridge range is closed

thank god I only drove 15 minutes to be here but really why is it closed

Must be your imagination- the hotline says its open till 4

When I was there two weeks ago, the last line change was at about 3:30, so that's probably why they closed the gate by then. Now that the days are getting longer again they should start staying open later.

You are correct,the policy has been all ranges close .5 hrs prior to sunset and increase or decrease in 1/2 hour increments as the days get longer we shall see 1/2 hour bumps till summer when the ranges close at 7:30pm

we must be off the property by sunset.

You are correct,the policy has been all ranges close .5 hrs prior to sunset and increase or decrease in 1/2 hour increments as the days get longer we shall see 1/2 hour bumps till summer when the ranges close at 7:30pm

we must be off the property by sunset.

And in late June the sunset is 8:30 and it's light till 9:30 but the range is open till 7:30. It's not 1/2 hour before sunset. It's some arbitrary time at least 1 hour before sunset and 90 minutes before dark.

• Like 1

Why close so early in the longest daylight period of the year?

And in late June the sunset is 8:30 and it's light till 9:30 but the range is open till 7:30. It's not 1/2 hour before sunset. It's some arbitrary time at least 1 hour before sunset and 90 minutes before dark.

Why close so early in the longest daylight period of the year?

The rules were probably set by some geezer 50 years ago and haven't been updated.

My understanding is an agreement with the surrounding towns, NOT rules made up by The ANJRPC I guess some people do not like gun fire late in the day or early in the morning.

This is also the reason there are no shots fired any day before 8:30 AM (the sun rises earlier than that to )

The rules were probably set by some geezer 50 years ago and haven't been updated.

+1

When I first joined in 1990, the geezers would yell at you, and tell you you're going to ruin your barrel, if you fired more than 3 rounds an hour. Any later than 7:30 would probably have been past their bed time.