Krdshrk

MLK Day - OBRPC Meet?

Hope everybody had fun. Would have loved To join in the fun but could get in. Gate nazis wouldn't allow me in. I am going to have to rethink joining there now after seeing how people are treated.

Unfortunatly, this wasn't handled professionally. I apologize for this and I'll make it up to you.

Hope everybody had fun. Would have loved To join in the fun but could get in. Gate nazis wouldn't allow me in. I am going to have to rethink joining there now after seeing how people are treated.

Good meeting you, wish things worked out differently, I forgot the guy you drove in wasn't a full member yet and the other members that said they would guest others to check the place out and have a day of fun got there a little later.

Don't let this one time steer you away, it's a great club and as we get more people here who want to meet up to be members the better and easier it will be.

Come on out to a match, and you will get to see the place, I know your buddy doesn't shoot USPSA, but the matches are open to all, members and non members. That will be this up coming Sunday if you care to see the place, many of the same people who were here today will be there also.

I thought it was a little beat that they didn't let you guys through...I figured a private range would welcome some potential new members. For the most part we had the place to ourselves, there weren't too many others there. I think we blew it up too much on this thread. I feel that everyone there respected the range and the rules today so maybe they'd feel different if someone set something up again.

On a positive note I thought it was great meeting everyone today. It was a pleasure shooting with you all and I learned a whole lot, I really appreciate that. Really a great group of people, and very generous. Thanks to all that let me shoot their firearms...I'm a happy man right now! That was the first time i've shot many of those rifles (the M1, AK, PSL, the .338 Rem 700). It was also my first time shooting clays and steel targets...the steel pistol was an insane amount of fun. Thanks to Nick and Tom for helping get the AR sighted in, and whoever actually guested me in (other Nick?)...lot of names to remember and I'm awful with names so I apologize. Looking forawrd to shooting with you all again.

Sounds like this turned into a similar situation as the CJRPC meet up for a couple years ago.... :facepalm:

Yea it did, we did have more than enough full time members to guest everyone in and we do know each other from here or in person, we just didn't have everyone there at the same time. I think we were 1 non member more vs members to guest in at the time we went to enter the range.

Hey it happens, we have rules for a reason, I just hope anyone who didn't come in can overlook this 1 situation and still look at joining the club down the road.

I do think we have at least 2 or 3 prospective members for next months registration to maybe March being tax return checks can make it easier to plunk down the coin.

Is USPSA what we were doing with the pistols and steel? I really enjoyed that.

Also I'd like to say I enjoyed the range and will be considering joining...have also wanted to check out Cherry Ridge (have a few friends joining there in the spring). Thanks again.

Sounds like this turned into a similar situation as the CJRPC meet up from a couple years ago.... :facepalm:

Just rules being enforced, nothing more. That and a possible misunderstandings @ the gate...Hopefully this doesnt leave a sour taste in anybodys mouth, Unfortunetly 1 or 2 guys couldnt get in, we were suppused to have a few more club members there to guest some folks in.

Everybody had a blast today, was a great time.Some non members got to see the club, lots of new guns for people to shoot and check out. Everybody stayed safe, we made sure the range was clear and clean at the end of the day. Hopefully we can get together and have some group meets in the future again without issue.

Is USPSA what we were doing with the pistols and steel? I really enjoyed that.

Also I'd like to say I enjoyed the range and will be considering joining...have also wanted to check out Cherry Ridge (have a few friends joining there in the spring). Thanks again.

negatory, what we were doing with the steel plates in the pistol pits is typically called " steel league " or static steel.

uspsa is more of run around on a course and shoot at cardboard targets

Not only did he not let me in but he was very condescending and rude. Not very endearing to potential members. I even spoke to him personally about any misunderstanding we may have had and he basically dismissed me and walked away while I was talking to him. I will still join but that old douche can suck it. No reason to have his depends in such a bunch.

I wish I could've gone and guested somebody but needed to be in the office today. I still am. :icon_e_sad:

There's a USPSA match this weekend at OBRPC. Members and non-members are welcome to participate. Please check out the thread posted about that.