Krdshrk

MLK Day - OBRPC Meet?

Mark, good meeting you also, and yes we did blow it up on the thread, however I feel that we did have more full time members to non, we just didn't have them all there as I said in the previous post.

Either way, I would rather have to blown up here on the forum than have it have the appearance that we were trying to get over on the club. So future get together's I still say we keep it in the open, avoid any appearance of trying to take advantage of the rules and club. I would rather have people see it, get the idea of, hey the OBRPC guys are really a good group, active, fun and helpful and it's the club to join if it's in your area or within reason.

Note I am not knocking any other club, heck if I had a little more time and some extra coin I would be a member of CJ also, and that may still happen. Just want to mention that so we do get into a my club is better than your club thing.

I understand there are rules and that's fine but to be so disrespectful is completely uncalled for. Both guys at the gate shall never be on my Xmas card list. I was just really disappointed because I really had been looking forward o this and if I start work on wed. my schedule is not going to allow a lot of time for this stuff for a while.

Is USPSA what we were doing with the pistols and steel? I really enjoyed that.

Also I'd like to say I enjoyed the range and will be considering joining...have also wanted to check out Cherry Ridge (have a few friends joining there in the spring). Thanks again.

That was closer to WCS (World Class Steel), USPSA is more of a run and gun at both paper and steel. Thats a real blast, also like I said above, the USPSA matches are open to all, even new to gun game people, and it's this up coming Sunday (4th Sunday every month)

Just got done with my meeting, obviously I won't be there. :(

Was there actually someone at the gate making sure non-members did not enter without a member? First time I ever heard of that. Besides, how would a non-member get through without knowing the combination. That is one thing a member better not be giving-out.

When events are taking-place that are open to the public there is no one at the gate and it is wide-open. When those events are done the non-members should be leaving unless they are with a member.

I wish I could've gone and guested somebody but needed to be in the office today. I still am. :icon_e_sad:

There's a USPSA match this weekend at OBRPC. Members and non-members are welcome to participate. Please check out the thread posted about that.

Rey, I told you to come out and have fun, you missed it man. Yea I know, responsibility over fun sometimes, it happens.

Mark, good meeting you also, and yes we did blow it up on the thread, however I feel that we did have more full time members to non, we just didn't have them all there as I said in the previous post.

Either way, I would rather have to blown up here on the forum than have it have the appearance that we were trying to get over on the club. So future get together's I still say we keep it in the open, avoid any appearance of trying to take advantage of the rules and club. I would rather have people see it, get the idea of, hey the OBRPC guys are really a good group, active, fun and helpful and it's the club to join if it's in your area or within reason.

Note I am not knocking any other club, heck if I had a little more time and some extra coin I would be a member of CJ also, and that may still happen. Just want to mention that so we do get into a my club is better than your club thing.

You guys did a great job of presenting it as a great club to join. Just stating they could have probably let you all slide one more guy through (not your fault and rules are rules) and I felt bad because I'm the new guy and someone else got screwed and not me. Once we were in, it was definitely bunch of great guys that were extremely helpful. I learned a lot today and I'm glad I made it out. I already texted some friends about it. Some of them are just set on the idea of shooting out to 300 yards at CR. I had fun at 50 and think 100 is just fine. I'm sort of in the middle of both ranges location wise (Lyndhurst) so travel is about equal although there are no tolls going to CR. I'll definitely be considering this range though thanks to you guys.

You guys did a great job of presenting it as a great club to join. Just stating they could have probably let you all slide one more guy through (not your fault and rules are rules) and I felt bad because I'm the new guy and someone else got screwed and not me. Once we were in, it was definitely bunch of great guys that were extremely helpful. I learned a lot today and I'm glad I made it out. I already texted some friends about it. Some of them are just set on the idea of shooting out to 300 yards at CR. I had fun at 50 and think 100 is just fine. I'm sort of in the middle of both ranges location wise (Lyndhurst) so travel is about equal although there are no tolls going to CR. I'll definitely be considering this range though thanks to you guys.

old bridge is a very active club, there are tons of events going on all month long at both the outdoor range and indoor range for you to participate in. check the newsletter on the website and check out the calander

Just got done with my meeting, obviously I won't be there. :( Was there actually someone at the gate making sure non-members did not enter without a member? First time I ever heard of that. Besides, how would a non-member get through without knowing the combination. That is one thing a member better not be giving-out. When events are taking-place that are open to the public there is no one at the gate and it is wide-open. When those events are done the non-members should be leaving unless they are with a member.

Mike, nobody was giving out the combo, it was just the chatter on here and a double check at the gate that we weren't give the club away so to speak..

Next time man, next time, we will work on other get together's, just might want to maybe not limit to only club members, but to reduce the number of guests, after all we can only guest someone in so many times before they should become a member anyway, and me guesting someone in this time and you another is not a workaround, know what I mean.

the dillions working fine loaded 800 rounds today

Nice, if you don't have a chrono I have one you can borrow, also I have a line on one for sale right here in Sayreville, not sure of the model or what he's asking for it but I can check on that for you if you like.

Nice, if you don't have a chrono I have one you can borrow, also I have a line on one for sale right here in Sayreville, not sure of the model or what he's asking for it but I can check on that for you if you like.
harry thanks i have one.

Today was a safe great time had by all. Many thanks to all the generous folks that came out and shared their toys, both steel and guns.

You have to understand the gentlemen at the gate were just protecting the club, as we all know this is not the most popular state for our

sport of choice and it would only take 1 knucklehead doing 1 stupid thing to ruin it for all of us.

Also as Harry pointed out, they don't want to "give" the club away either. We all pay dues to help run the place so this is understandable.

I hope the guests today enjoyed our club and join themselves.

Again, thanks to the great bunch of people who made today a ton of fun!

• Like 2

++++ eleventlybillion for Dave R, Bob, Lisa, Harry and everybody else sharing their weapons, We had some awesome high dollar caliber shots there like daves 30-06, the 338, 44 mags, black powder guns that shoot large marbles. These arent cheap to shoot at all, thanks a bunch for sharing, absolute pleasure.

gave my steel plates a beating !

Mike, nobody was giving out the combo, it was just the chatter on here and a double check at the gate that we weren't give the club away so to speak..

Next time man, next time, we will work on other get together's, just might want to maybe not limit to only club members, but to reduce the number of guests, after all we can only guest someone in so many times before they should become a member anyway, and me guesting someone in this time and you another is not a workaround, know what I mean.

I didn't think anyone would give-out the combo.

If I remember correctly, we can guest the same person twice, that is it. And you are right, after I guest someone in twice another member should not guest that person in twice, so on.....................

The guesting priviledges are to allow others to see the club and let them decide if it is something they would like to join. Unlike many clubs, there are a TON of activities, both indoors and outdoors, that non-members can participate in and see the club, no guesting required. Some clubs only have a few days a year where the public is welcome, ours is not one of those clubs though.

++++ eleventlybillion for Dave R, Bob, Lisa, Harry and everybody else sharing their weapons, We had some awesome high dollar caliber shots there like daves 30-06, the 338, 44 mags, black powder guns that shoot large marbles. These arent cheap to shoot at all, thanks a bunch for sharing, absolute pleasure.

gave my steel plates a beating !

Yea, what Aelc said, I had a good time and shot a bunch of guns I have never even held before, now I need more P2P's and money, yea thats the ticket, send money, I need it.. :icon_mrgreen:

I didn't think anyone would give-out the combo. If I remember correctly, we can guest the same person twice, that is it. And you are right, after I guest someone in twice another member should not guest that person in twice, so on..................... The guesting priviledges are to allow others to see the club and let them decide if it is something they would like to join. Unlike many clubs, there are a TON of activities, both indoors and outdoors, that non-members can participate in and see the club, no guesting required. Some clubs only have a few days a year where the public is welcome, ours is not one of those clubs though.
Mike nailed it guesting priviledges are there to let non members check the club out to become members

Mike nailed it guesting priviledges are there to let non members check the club out to become members

Which is what BlueLineFish wanted to do. But unfortunatly the higher ups weren't feeling the same way. Glad everyone else had a good time, since that is what matters. And I expect to get my clays back since I know none where broken and are probably still sitting in the grass.

Another thing as well, we should make sure that if you start a "meet-up" that you are a member of the club. It would make things easier.

I will not become a member of Old Bridge after this incident, I don't like being treated like a child and I've come too far to being talked down to.

-1 to Old Bridge senior staff

• Like 1

I would like to thank the majority of you that have posted today for understanding that there are rules and that they are there to protect the club and its members. We do have a guest policy and we are enforcing it. Unfortunately we have been being abused lately, damage to teh range and equipment as well as just palin sloth. With the expected turnout we thought it prudent to have a couple members of the board at the range to make sure the rules are being followed.

As others have indicated we have functions at both the indoor and outdoor ranges on a very regular basis. THey provide plenty of time for non-members to come out and see the range, meet us and decide wheter or not to join. The guesting privilege is for members to bring out a firend or two on occasion for a little informal shooting. It is not a way to hold a match or a large gathering without getting board approval. had today been 50 degrees a large turnout of 'guests' brought in by relatively few members would arguably have the effect of keeping regular members from being able to shoot on a range that they pay for.

Take a look at our calendar and come out to shoot a match and meet us.

• Like 1

I was there to get a tour of the place from a member because I wanted to join. Myself, along with a large number of fellow officers who I shoot with we're looking for a place to join. Well after I explained what happened today a good number are no longer interested. A few still are but that is besides the point. I will not base my view of this club on the actions of only a couple. The manner of which I was spoken to and dismissed was unacceptable. I understand your rules and I find them to be more than fair. Bottom line is you should be far more courteous to potential club members. I am not some punk kid or skell off the street walking onto your private property.

• Like 4

Jim, I understand your point but it wasn't handled very well. You could have contacted Dave (smokin 50) or other members to get an official head count so it wouldn't be a party. It seemed that it wasn't crazy there at all, and was a safe and uneventful day. Your "dismissal" of non members was a little disrespectful and it's a shame. We're trying to promote the sport and all you did was make it worse by today's "secret mission". Thanks for the oportunity to join the club, but I'll take my money elsewhere.

• Like 3

Wow -1 when asking for a thread to be close before people say stuff today that they may not say tomorrow. Nice..

I gave you a -1 because there's no reason to close the thread just because a few people have complaints about how things were handled today. Let it play out however it's going to play out.

Don't take it personally.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear it didn't go like planned. So you didn't hit any clays Ray? It's tough, something that takes a little time to learn. I prefer shotguns and clays over handguns, but I am trying to get better with the handguns. Maybe one day I'll be able to keep-up with you, Harry, and Alec. Maybe.............

Sorry to hear it didn't go like planned. So you didn't hit any clays Ray? It's tough, something that takes a little time to learn. I prefer shotguns and clays over handguns, but I am trying to get better with the handguns. Maybe one day I'll be able to keep-up with you, Harry, and Alec. Maybe.............

I didn't get in.