this_is_nascar

Coors Light Becomes #2 Beer

I meant that quite a few people I've talked to call it crap. Not at all sure if that's the popular opinion everywhere, but I like me some Blue Moon. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm rather wary of beers that is advertized with a needed squeeze of lime or lemon in order to be palatable. Not a fan of Corona,Sol either. I rarely drink beer now but I really like Stone IPA's, especially the Ruination IPA. Complex,great head and almost 9% alcohol.

Guinness is my #1

I'm not a huge fan of budweiser but I had one while I was in Ireland and it was much better than what we get here.

Why would you have Bud while you're in Ireland, the home of Guinness? Thats like going to Vermont and putting Log Cabin on your pancakes.

I know very little about beer so here is my expert opinion. Good beer has hops. Hops are expensive. So all that cheap $hit out there with no taste is just that, cheap $hit with no hops.

Try Yuengling, Becks, Sam Adams, Pilsner Urquell and you shall see. And that St.Pauli Girl, big boob German, she is so cute. LOL

Why would you have Bud while you're in Ireland, the home of Guinness? Thats like going to Vermont and putting Log Cabin on your pancakes.

I was at a small Irish pub and my gf and I were wondering why they would have Bud and Coors light on tap. The bar tender told us Bud was the 3rd biggest seller behind Guinness and Murphy's. Just then this really old dude piped up. His brogue was so thick I could barely understand him but he basically said, "Guinness is garbage, Budweiser is the best". I found that hard to believe so the bar tender poured me a freebie.

The Guinness in Ireland is way better than here and so is the Bud. Must be the water :facepalm:

I usually have a decent quantity of Yuengling in the fridge being that it is regional, cheap, and significantly better than stuff like the above mentioned Bud Coors Miller. When I was in college I drank Keystone Light. 12 bucks for a 30? Yep, I'll take it.

I'm a big fan of Belgian whites and witbiers in general. I've been liking Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier recently. I probably drink the most when I am traveling, and since I am in Germany regularly (60x in the last 3 1/2 years), lots of witbiers. Much better than pilsners IMO.

When you get to a certain point when drinking, you don't care how crappy the beer tastes...

You've never tasted Old Dutch County then. The only beer I ever poured down the drain for the sake of humanity. That was almost 50 years ago and yet the taste lingers.....

You've never tasted Old Dutch County then. The only beer I ever poured down the drain for the sake of humanity. That was almost 50 years ago and yet the taste lingers.....

Or Genny's Summer Brew...had it when I was in college...should've known how bad it was, it only cost $6.99 a 30 pack! Worst beer I've had recently was Pong Lite at a friends party...this was barely palatable.

I haven't, but like I said, when you get to a certain point, you don't care how crappy it tastes. To expand, that is because you either a) don't remember what you are drinking b)literally cannot taste what you are drinking, or c) are so far gone you don't even care.

:D

Hence the reason they always talk about drinking these kind of beers ice cold, you can't taste anything when it's that cold. Beer should be consumed at 40 - 50 F degrees, that's where it has the best flavor.

Even 40 to 45°F is a bit too cold for most ales.

True

Connoisseur of Belgian ales are we?

Actually, I'm not much a fan of yeasty flavored beers. Don't like the hefewisen at all. Belgian beers I'll drink them once in a while. They are usually very strong and I'm a lightweight. When I was in Lille, France for a few days I drank a lot of Leffe. Can't say I fell in love with it.

I do like English style ales and the extra hoppy American ales the best. And Guinness and Magner's.

I was at a small Irish pub and my gf and I were wondering why they would have Bud and Coors light on tap. The bar tender told us Bud was the 3rd biggest seller behind Guinness and Murphy's. Just then this really old dude piped up. His brogue was so thick I could barely understand him but he basically said, "Guinness is garbage, Budweiser is the best". I found that hard to believe so the bar tender poured me a freebie.

The Guinness in Ireland is way better than here and so is the Bud. Must be the water :facepalm:

I've had Guinness in Ireland (including at the brewery itself), and I it is waaaay better over there - smooth with no aftertaste. Didn't try the Bud.

Beer doesn't travel well, so it's always going to taste the best near where it's made.

Actually, I'm not much a fan of yeasty flavored beers. Don't like the hefewisen at all. Belgian beers I'll drink them once in a while. They are usually very strong and I'm a lightweight. When I was in Lille, France for a few days I drank a lot of Leffe. Can't say I fell in love with it.

I do like English style ales and the extra hoppy American ales the best. And Guinness and Magner's.

While I personally think the Belgians make the best beers (ales anyway), I'm always happy to have a Newcastle or Boddingtons.

I was in London about 5 years ago and was looking forward to drinking some of these much closer to the source than here, but all I saw was Stella, Carlsberg and Hoegaarden as well as the occasional American macrobrew swill.

Belgian beers I'll drink them once in a while. They are usually very strong and I'm a lightweight.

That is a tough thing to find out after the fact. My first time in Brussels, I went from a few beers in (or so I thought) to waking up in my hotel room unable to recall how I got there, or when I threw up all over my bed...

Bah, bud blows. Tastes nasty, and I get a wicked hangover from it.

I prefer Yuengling. Local, tastes good. I enjoy most dark brews, the really hoppy stuff I can tolerate, but some of that stuff like Magic Hat and others are a little too strong for me. Dark, heavy lagers are preferred over the light, hoppy ales to me.

If I want cheap, I get PBR. Also tastes good, to me anyway.