blksheep

What is your favorite gun shop?

What is everyones favortie gun shop? Mine for a while was Sportsman Center in B-Town but it seems to me that they have gotten away from the gun part of the business. I have really enjoyed Cheyenne Mtn. in Yardville. Good selection and reasonable prices somewhat good knowledge. I enjoy Lawmans for the Glock price advantage and selection. I havent bought guns from Paul but I have purchased AR mags about 6-7 years ago when I discovered he cut down and pinned them. Still have them and they function flawlessly.

Jump in.

I prefer Butch's Gun World in Vineland, but their selection of milsurps leaves something to be desired unfortunately. That category of firearm is what I'm most interested in.

I've gone to Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro a couple times, they have a larger selection of that stuff, and the younger fellas there are OK guys. The old man is a very irascible guy though, I avoid talking to him.

There's a place called Ed's Gunshop over in Deptford next to the Krazy Kat on Rt 41 that I wanna go check out too.

For me it's TJ Sporting Arms. He is relatively close to me, prices are good and provides great service.

Same here. I've never looked any further than Tony. I've dealt with him almost 2 years and have been satisfied with his service and consider him a friend.

I need to go to Jim Flynns one day. Does he stock firearms or just an FFL? How are his ammo prices? (If he can beat $17/box Walmart .45ACP). He is in Blairstown, right?

I would probably have to say Hackettstown Guns and Ammo followed by Dunks. Hackettstown is the closest place to me that isn't run by jerks or wildly expensive with a crap selection.

Jim Flynn's Truck Repair! Best prices anywhere and Jim is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. His place is technically not a shop that you would walk into and browse around... but he's an FFL and can order anything.

When I was shopping my SHTF .50 Mag I saw on their website that Jim Flynn's Truck Repair in Jersey was a dealer. I was thinking, "WTF? An auto shop in Jersey selling .50 BMG rifles?" LOL, glad to hear he's a cool guy. And, NO, I didn't make the trip to Jersey to buy a gun.

Well here's how my list works

I liked county Sports in Carneys point a lot. For prices Ed's is tough to beat. I've bought a lot at millers in del. you can't beat target masters selection though (plus they have full auto if u wanna rent one)

never been there altho its not far- what kind of place is it? Decent gun inventory?

not really about 10 shotguns and 10 rifles but i think the pistols is a real decent selection guy joe who runs it is pretty cool and works with the prices

Well here's how my list works

I liked county Sports in Carneys point a lot. For prices Ed's is tough to beat. I've bought a lot at millers in del. you can't beat target masters selection though (plus they have full auto if u wanna rent one)

Its funny you mention Millers. Thats where my first Rem 870 and Ruger 10/22 ame from. Stopped in there back in April and checked it out again. My dad went there when he was a kid growing up and later when he was a New Castle County cop.

not really about 10 shotguns and 10 rifles but i think the pistols is a real decent selection guy joe who runs it is pretty cool and works with the prices

This sums it up. Small operation run by a nice guy. Great prices. They don't have a huge inventory in store but they'll be happy to order something for you.

Most of my ammo is purchased online, as well as from local small shops in PA.

Locally for guns, JetAgent has done great things for me.

I buy a lot of used long guns of gun broker as well as in PA.

Now that I think of it, a lot of my money gets spent in PA. It's amazing how many gun shops in eastern PA have a totally different attitude than most in NJ. Anything BUT that arrogant employee attitude, I love how laid back PA gun shops are.

I will say that local shops that actually have a storefront, Sportsman's Rendezvous and Hacketstown G&A stand out as very helpful.

Had my best experience at lous in raritan. Mike and chris talked and showed me guns for over an hour even though I wasn't ready to buy that day (I had just applied for my fid) obviously I came back and purchased the M9 25th anniversary edition as my first firearm

I would have to say Simon Peter is my favorite. Prices may be just a bit higher, but they certainly make up for them with their customer service. I also like helping the local economy as they are right down the street. For selection, in the space that Hackettstown G&A has, he has a lot of equipment and seems to be very helpful. Dunkelburgers in East Stroudsburg has a very large inventory, and if you are a fan of Winchester levers, it's worth the trip to see the owners collection. YMMV.

Butches is nice but their prices are very sporatic.

The guys at rayco arms are very cool but their prices are high.

So, I think im going to have to go with my good ole LGS..Just Sports in courthouse. Prices are hit or miss there and the selection isnt the most awe inspiring but the gentleman who runs the gun counter VInce as well as the owner Bud are top notch guys and can bs with you for hours.