GiantsFan

Tennessee goes to bat for CCW citizen arrested in NYC

TN Legislators just filed a Resolution today advising New York City to use sound judgment & common sense with Meredith Graves. Read it & smile.

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HJR0585.pdf

www.capitol.tn.gov

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HJR0585.pdfwww.capitol.tn.gov

• Like 1

I took the last part as Tennessee saying if you don't do the right thing, every new yorker to come to their state will get ticketed for speeding if they go over the limit at all. If that's true I think I just read about where america is.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that we remind the citizens of New York, especially those

residing in New York City, to drive carefully through the great State of Tennessee, paying extra

attention to our speed limits.

that mean F U New Yorkers while traveling in TN!

This is a proposed resolution submitted by Frank Nicely. TN has made no threats to anyone. I doubt there will enough votes to pass it with the threat included. I'm not saying I disagree with the entire message.

This is as much politics as a liberal proposing Constitutional Carry in NJ knowing it will never pass.

LOL- reminds of a trip to the Worlds Fair long way back in Knoxville. My GF, now wife, and I were tooling down the Blue RidgePkwy(?) and i was naturally goin fast as there was NO ONE anywhere, one car every 15-20 mins. So i am whipping around this long bend doin 80 in 55 and there was smoky sittin there. Well i see his lights flash on and so i just gave it up and pulled over up ahead. The cop who stepped out of his car was huge. Classic tall, big belly, mirrored shades. And he's holding his revolver in his hand! Walks up to the car, friggen taps the car with his gun!!! as he approaches the window. Didnt ask for any papers just went into this speech about" we all down hea ahr keepin an eye out for all you folks from up north comin down to owa fair down hea."in a strong drawl and then strts with " how far do you think you gonna get dis-respectin owa laws down hea..."I'm just taking it all in , not feeling to comfortable either when my wife cuts him off with a srategic bitchfest at me for speeding, I told you so, yada,yada, which he seemed to enjoy and then says "remember boy, ya caint outrun the radio" and left. My wife and i looked at each other and off we went. Did the speed limit for the next 2 hrs and thats that. Till the next time but thats another state and story.

LOL- reminds of a trip to the Worlds Fair long way back in Knoxville. My GF, now wife, and I were tooling down the Blue RidgePkwy(?) and i was naturally goin fast as there was NO ONE anywhere, one car every 15-20 mins. So i am whipping around this long bend doin 80 in 55 and there was smoky sittin there. Well i see his lights flash on and so i just gave it up and pulled over up ahead. The cop who stepped out of his car was huge. Classic tall, big belly, mirrored shades. And he's holding his revolver in his hand! Walks up to the car, friggen taps the car with his gun!!! as he approaches the window. Didnt ask for any papers just went into this speech about" we all down hea ahr keepin an eye out for all you folks from up north comin down to owa fair down hea."in a strong drawl and then strts with " how far do you think you gonna get dis-respectin owa laws down hea..."I'm just taking it all in , not feeling to comfortable either when my wife cuts him off with a srategic bitchfest at me for speeding, I told you so, yada,yada, which he seemed to enjoy and then says "remember boy, ya caint outrun the radio" and left. My wife and i looked at each other and off we went. Did the speed limit for the next 2 hrs and thats that. Till the next time but thats another state and story.

Cool story bro.....tell it again

Hahahaha...... :D

• Like 1

Interesting response from a friend of mine regarding this:

"

Another resolution with no teeth. I can't imagine that the legislators in TN are not aware that NY's violation of the federal statute that allows for

transportation of firearms, which if NY is held to have refused to follow that statute would be a violation of the Supremacy Clause, U.S. Const. art. VI, cl. 2. "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

You have to understand that the Constitution means what it says or it means nothing at all. It attempts to provide understanding of its nature, affirmation of duties, protections, and equality across the states, art. IV, sec. 2 "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

And the 14th Amendment reaffirms this in sec. 1 "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States..."

Some, such as Bloomberg, argue that this is not a republic, even though art. IV, sec. 4 reads "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

The mayor of NY believes this to be a democracy wherein the majority may deprive others of their rights by voting for, or installing a candidate that suits the own personal agendas of the majority.

You mean to tell me that the legislators could not have come out with something a bit more formitable than it took me all of 3 minutes to write? Tenesse is just playing the game that has become so obvious; appeasment of the sheep.

The governor of TN could have made a call to the NY governor and stated enough. You are violating the law, and I will take action against you and your mayor."

i wonder if they could make a law targetting citizens from a particular state? something like anyone fom ny breaking the law gets mandatory jail time. Would that be violating any of the amendments?

Whether or not the bill passes and I don't believe it will,I would think twice before driving through Tennessee with NY State tags. Just the fact that it has generated this much press will undoubtedly result in shall we say....stricter enforcement by the Police. As it is driving through some southern states with "Yankee" tags at times take steely nerves and great patients so as not the get pulled over for the slightest infraction.

LOL. You make fun of the southern drawl, but misspell several words, and use improper grammar.

However, I will say your wife is a genius. You know that cop probably felt bad for you. He probably goes home every night and gets bitched out by his wife for leaving half emptied bottles of Jack Daniels around the house. He probably felt bad for you then.

Interesting response from a friend of mine regarding this:

"

Another resolution with no teeth. I can't imagine that the legislators in TN are not aware that NY's violation of the federal statute that allows for

transportation of firearms, which if NY is held to have refused to follow that statute would be a violation of the Supremacy Clause, U.S. Const. art. VI, cl. 2. "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

You have to understand that the Constitution means what it says or it means nothing at all. It attempts to provide understanding of its nature, affirmation of duties, protections, and equality across the states, art. IV, sec. 2 "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

And the 14th Amendment reaffirms this in sec. 1 "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States..."

Some, such as Bloomberg, argue that this is not a republic, even though art. IV, sec. 4 reads "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

The mayor of NY believes this to be a democracy wherein the majority may deprive others of their rights by voting for, or installing a candidate that suits the own personal agendas of the majority.

You mean to tell me that the legislators could not have come out with something a bit more formitable than it took me all of 3 minutes to write? Tenesse is just playing the game that has become so obvious; appeasment of the sheep.

The governor of TN could have made a call to the NY governor and stated enough. You are violating the law, and I will take action against you and your mayor."

FOPA only comes into play if you are travelling THROUGH a ban state..as soon as she stopped in NY she was no longer protected under FOPA.