Kaiser7

Biggest (Firearm related) Pet-Peeve?

I think it's interesting when the news talks about someone having 'x' amount of rounds of ammo in his house, and then I start counting how much ammo I have and it's usually about the same.

I suppose it's just a matter of time until they start to ration ammo. Hey, ammo's not in the 2nd amendment! :onthequiet:

I think it's interesting when the news talks about someone having 'x' amount of rounds of ammo in his house, and then I start counting how much ammo I have and it's usually about the same.

I suppose it's just a matter of time until they start to ration ammo. Hey, ammo's not in the 2nd amendment! :onthequiet:

Sounds like you are dangerously low on ammo! DOn't they always talk about the big bad guy that had a whole 200 rounds stock piled :D

Pro 2A people with treat someone who's simply misinformed on the subject of guns as if they're Paul Helmke.

Misinformed Guy: "Aren't Glocks that gun that's all plastic they talk about in Die Hard?"

Overzealous Pro 2A guy: "Oh my God! Of course not! That's F'n ridiculous made up anti-gun lies!!"

MG: "Oh, sorry..."

OP2AG: "There is no such thing as an all plastic gun! That's a friggin movie!"

MG: "R-r-right...not real. Got it now..."

OP2AG: "I'm so sick of all this...blah blah blah...second amendment...blah blah blah...Left wing media...blah blah blah...[Jefferson quote delivered with enough anger to make everyone present uncomfortable]...blah blah blah..."

MG: "..."

OP2AG: "I'm so sick of all this...blah blah blah...second amendment...blah blah blah...Left wing media...blah blah blah...[Jefferson quote delivered with enough anger to make everyone present uncomfortable]...blah blah blah..."

Actually, I sort of just did this. My boss got in a gun-control debate with me XD.

My peeve is that gun manufacturers still can't produce a gun that doesn't "accidentally discharge". We hear it on the news and read it in the papers way too often. Even veteran DEA agents that are specifically trained to handle these weapons are not safe.

• Like 1

I can say from selling firearms, getting flagged by customers is my biggest pet peeve. I know that I checked to make sure its empty, and I know you aren't going to pull the trigger, but it still bothers the hell out of me when I'm looking down the barrel of a gun

I hate the term assault rifle. One reason being, I feel the media uses the term to instill fear in the general public. Another reason the definition is often misused.

Assault is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. (From Wikipedia)

Semi-automatic-only rifles like the AR-15 (which the M16 rifle is based on) that share designs with assault rifles are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus are not selective fire capable. Belt-fed weapons or rifles with fixed magazines are likewise not assault rifles because they do not have detachable box magazines.

The term "assault rifle" is often more loosely used for commercial or political reasons to include other types of arms. (From Wikipedia)

When people are turned off by synthetic stocks and/or stainless barrels because they don't have the "old school" look. I mean, I can understand your love for wood and bluing to a degree, but I've met people (some within my own family) who wouldn't consider a gun with a synthetic stock just because it's "too modern."

I will never own a gun with plastic. It's just a manufacturing shortcut lowering the cost of manufacturing but yet they raise the price therefore increasing their profit margins. Molding plastic doesn't take the craftsmanship that a natural wood stock does. Dont even get me started on tactical tupperware.

My peeve is that gun manufacturers still can't produce a gun that doesn't "accidentally discharge". We hear it on the news and read it in the papers way too often. Even veteran DEA agents that are specifically trained to handle these weapons are not safe.

For the most part, any modern gun with internal safties won't "accidentally discharge."

Negligently discharge on the other hand....

For the most part, any modern gun with internal safties won't "accidentally discharge."

Negligently discharge on the other hand....

My post was sarcastic. When there's an accidental discharge of a firearm, the media makes it sound as if the gun is at fault. It's almost always "the gun accidentally discharged" instead of "the idiot gun owner's careless handling of the firearm caused it to discharge resulting in the loss of his left testicle."

My post was sarcastic. When there's an accidental discharge of a firearm, the media makes it sound as if the gun is at fault. It's almost always "the gun accidentally discharged" instead of "the idiot gun owner's careless handling of the firearm caused it to discharge resulting in the loss of his left testicle."

Maybe it's because I'm a bio major, but I believe we studied that, it's called Natural Selection.

I doubt the news would say, "And today a man was shot by his own gun as he was drawing it from its holster with his finger on the trigger, while trying to spin it out of the holster, and simultaneously using the butt of another gun to bust open walnuts."

1. Smith and Wesson M&P, I dont know of many police or military that uses them.

2. People bashing Kel-Tec, buy American

3. People who think that Sprinfield came up wth the greatest design ever. (The Croations did)

4. 9mm haters.

5. Optics on rifles.

6. People that come out to qualify that have one 6 round mag.

:) Let it begin.

WHAT?!?!!?

1. Plenty of agencies and governments use them. Belgian national police is the last big contract. Largest for Smith Wesson ever.

2. Plenty of American guns besides kel tec. such as Smith & Wesson.

3. Yes, Croatians did. Are you really saying the XD design is the greatest ever?!?! For real? Seriously?

5. Optics on rifles are wrong? Such a moronic statement. Do you shoot you know, past 25 yards? Are optics (red dots) on handguns stupid too? You know, I am going to go take the scope off of the Remington 700 right now. :rofl:

Thank you for exemplifying one of my pet peeves.

Maybe it's because I'm a bio major, but I believe we studied that, it's called Natural Selection.

I doubt the news would say, "And today a man was shot by his own gun as he was drawing it from its holster with his finger on the trigger, while trying to spin it out of the holster, and simultaneously using the butt of another gun to bust open walnuts."

That's too bad because it would make for a far more interesting read.

Ah, I appear to be having issues with sarcasm today.

5. Optics on rifles are wrong? Such a moronic statement. Do you shoot you know, past 25 yards? Are optics (red dots) on handguns stupid too? You know, I am going to go take the scope off of the Remington 700 right now. :rofl:

While I am not going to debate the effectiveness fo optics on handguns, they sure do turn beautiful weapons into fugly lumps of steel. Then again, weapons are tools...

1) Fudds

2) "AR's are all the same." orly? GTFO!

3) Wood-stocked firearms .... hey, snap out of it - it's the f'n 21st Century. Plastics are where it's at - just ask Benjamin Braddock.

I like this guy! ...Well, except for #3. You obviously haven't seen the abomination of a lever action rifle that Mossberg's putting out.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=31&section=products

I can say from selling firearms, getting flagged by customers is my biggest pet peeve. I know that I checked to make sure its empty, and I know you aren't going to pull the trigger, but it still bothers the hell out of me when I'm looking down the barrel of a gun

I'd have to imagine that's a big pet peeve. That's why when I'm checking out a gun, I always make sure it's pointed way away from anyone. On top of that, if I'm looking down the sights and someone is about to walk across my plane of sight, I lower the gun. The shop worker checks the chamber, I check the chamber, but I still do it. Force of habit.

I'd have to imagine that's a big pet peeve. That's why when I'm checking out a gun, I always make sure it's pointed way away from anyone. On top of that, if I'm looking down the sights and someone is about to walk across my plane of sight, I lower the gun. The shop worker checks the chamber, I check the chamber, but I still do it. Force of habit.

And that makes you the kind of person I like to deal with. The other people make me twitch a little

HavocMan, on 01 February 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

1) Fudds

2) "AR's are all the same." orly? GTFO!

3) Wood-stocked firearms .... hey, snap out of it - it's the f'n 21st Century. Plastics are where it's at - just ask Benjamin Braddock.

I like this guy! ...Well, except for #3. You obviously haven't seen the abomination of a lever action rifle that Mossberg's putting out.

http://www.mossberg....ection=products

We need a "Sarcasm" button ;)

While I am dead serious about 1 and 2, my #3 was a smart-a$$ed joke. There is nothing like a fine, wood stocked rifle or revolver.

Having said that, plastic stocked rifles are simpler to accurize and are generally lighter. Plastic handguns are also lighter and they are more compact than their steel or alloy brethren. Simple facts kids ;)

....and that Mossberg lever gun is f'n sicktating. Jeeez, who thought that was a good idea?

And that makes you the kind of person I like to deal with. The other people make me twitch a little

I always get thrown for a loop when I'm at a place with a lot of people and guns (Cabelas, specifically) and when I turn around there's a gun barrel 6 inches from my face. I always point the gun up towards the ceiling so I KNOW I'm not pointing it even close to anyone. But if you don't wanna do that, at least point it at a wall.

So when you're having a gun pointed in your face at a store, are you supposed to just let it go, or do you say, "Uh, could you lower that?"