Secret Squirrel

Best Pizza Place in NJ

Most pizza in South Jersey is better than all pizza in Brooklyn.

And most pizza in Central Jersey is better than all pizza in South Jersey, so you're much better off than Brooklyn.

I can tell you not to buy any pizza anywhere in the Poconos...

I will have to try Lido's. How about Brooklyn's Brick Oven Pizzeria in Hackensack? Keep em coming I need more good local pizza places!! I know it isn't Jersey but it's too close not to count. Martio's Pizza in Nanuet, NY

Martio's is that right by route 59 and the nanuet mall? If it is, they make good Pizza.

Brooklyn's Brick Oven is good, but if you are in Hackensack, try Presto's.

Lido's does no take out or slices so eat in.

a mano in ridgewood (one of my favorites ever)

kinchley's in ramsey or mahwah

grimaldi's in hoboken

emma's in cranford

benny's or gio's in hoboken

to be honest, 3 of the top 5 pies i've ever had weren't in NY or NJ

top honors goes to "una pizza" in san francisco

a mano, the original grimaldi's under the bridge, rosso pomodoro in naples florida, and the place in epcot "italy" in orlando florida are my top five

if you go to a mano, get the one with the buffalo mozzarella.

and if you like "brooklyn's" you'll love grimaldi's in hoboken

No, the PX4 is the best... oh wait... wrong thread...

Vincent's in Merchantville. Their thin pizza is amazing, and they are close to Rayco Armory. Talk about one stop shopping...

I do remember back in the 70's Pizza Time on RT 22 just before you would get to Echo Lanes was pretty good, that and their Calzones and Zeppoli's were great. Not sure if they are still there or still any good..

Echo Lanes, makes me think about H.A. Winston's. Great burgers, actually, everything there was pretty damn good.

my dad was a bus driver who loved the honey mooners and like ralph we got pizza every pay day.the star tavern or casa di pizza on bloomfield ave I still remember the smell and my burnt lap from holding it in the car .1976 was the last time I remember that 95% of pizza in ocean county blows

Colonial Pizza in Easton, PA. Just North of 78 been going there for the last 25+ years.

I discussed this earlier in this thread. There are a few good places. But, unlike NJ, most places up here are actually really really bad.

Its odd, I haven't eaten pizza in 6+ months I think, don't miss it a bit.

2-1/2 years for me since I've had a slice.

To determine the "best" pizza, I guess one first has to declare their preferences of a pizza. For example, I can't stand a pizza that is too doughy or thick or has a big crust. "Deep Dish" pizza is the worse, as far as I'm concerned. Give me a pizza that has very thin crust with allot of sauce and a touch of cheese, with the slightly brown (but not quite burnt) crust and I'm in heaven. Something along the lines of Mack and Manco in Ocean City, fits that bill.