Steve_G

Springfield Armory TRP - Pics

Nice looking pistol. I took a look at one at CMO. Although the fit and finish was nice, I personally thought the checkering was too aggressive for any kind of extended range session.

Oh contrar monfrar. It's perfect for a long range session. That gun stays put in your hand no matter what.

are you talking about the diamond back grips?

personally I like them alot, they over alot of grip and they dont bother me at any length of extended shooting. Though my girlfriend wont even touch them, complain they are too sharp.

no, he means the front strap checkering

• Like 1

Nice looking pistol. I took a look at one at CMO. Although the fit and finish was nice, I personally thought the checkering was too aggressive for any kind of extended range session.

My kimber had very aggressive checkering and i knocked it down with a extra fine file to remove the extra edge..

Man great looking 1911. Only heard excellent things bout the TRP.

I felt the front checkering was aggressive on my Kimber at first but

after a while you get used to it.

1911s need to be broken in before they shot as smooth as butter. You better let me take the first 5000 rounds....

Thanks! That's very generous of you. I wouldn't feel right letting you do all the work for me though. You can just drop off the 5000 rounds at my house and I'll do the rest. :p

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to get the TRP to the range. Well, sort of. I decided to break it in at the steel match today in Old Bridge. I put about 180 rounds through it with no real problems. It didn't go completely into battery 3 or 4 times but, a little smack and it was fine. After the first two stages my little finger was getting really sore from the stippling but, by the end of the day I forgot all about that. The trigger is great and the gun just feels incredible to shoot. Very happy with this purchase. Looking forward to many thousands of rounds with this one.

Finally got a chance to get the TRP to the range. Well, sort of. I decided to break it in at the steel match today in Old Bridge. I put about 180 rounds through it with no real problems. It didn't go completely into battery 3 or 4 times but, a little smack and it was fine. After the first two stages my little finger was getting really sore from the stippling but, by the end of the day I forgot all about that. The trigger is great and the gun just feels incredible to shoot. Very happy with this purchase. Looking forward to many thousands of rounds with this one.

Gun looked great yesterday. You need some lighter ammo though! That thing was jumpin all over the place and slinging brass into the next county.

Run it a bunch and don't clean it. There could've been small burrs from the steel left over in the fitting process. Nice job man.

I think I'll clean it this time and then run it for a while. Oh, the guide rod never came loose at all, I'll leave it be for now.