irishpete

Florida does not honour its own non-resident CCW ?

I was told you need a ccw permit from another state along with the non-resident Florida CCW to actually carry in Florida.

This makes no sense to me, Anybody care to explain why a state would issue a ccw and then not honour it ????

if you are carrying in FL.. on a FL license.. you are not carrying on reciprocity..

Right - I said non-FL permit. This is where i think the OPs buddy's confusion is coming in. FL will not honor non-resident permits from other states which it has reciprocity with.

Will FL honor a NJ permit?

:unknw:

Just asking?

Hell No.

But if you had a Jersey permit, I don't think you'd be worried about those sorts of things.

FL will honor any state that honors theirs. So as soon as NJ honors the FL permit....oh...wait....NJ...what was I thinking? :onthequiet:

Funny thing is....the way I read FL statute...they should be honoring ALL other states' resident permits.

So if you have a Florida non-res.ccw Utah recognizes it ,but if you have a Utah non-res. florida does not recognize it,true ?

Correct!

Florida doesn't recognize any NON-resident state permits.

BTW. Florida doesn't issue non-resident permits, just carry permits.