BarkNBite

A Witness Speaks........

I'm not saying link everything but if you read something important to the case it takes less than a minute to link it. A lot of people post stuff here as fact when in fact they're not.

You've done the same yourself, so don't chastise others. E.g. he was not "on patrol",

I'm not missing the point of your posts, I just disagree with your points and the evidence you use to back them. I could care less either way but it reads as if you are erring on the side of Martin when in fact, we should probably err on the side of Zimmerman since it's supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty" and the masses want this guy to fry.

You've done the same yourself, so don't chastise others. E.g. he was not "on patrol",

I'm not missing the point of your posts, I just disagree with your points and the evidence you use to back them. I could care less either way but it reads as if you are erring on the side of Martin when in fact, we should probably err on the side of Zimmerman since it's supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty" and the masses want this guy to fry.

I'm not siding with either and I've stated that multiple time. I'm just wondering how an unarmed teenager gets killed and then man is set free despite the lead investigator recommending prosecution. I've already said if Martin attacked Zimmerman than it was justified. I just want the facts before we set someone free. Obviously there was enough there to make the investigator want to prosecute. We probably could've avoided this mess had the police not royally screwed up.

I don't see this as a win. It could very well be a linch pin. It could easily be the case that the government uses to begin taking away guns for real. Working with the antis to turn a great many more people against gun ownership, propaganda about how they are unnecessary, dangerous, then start calling for revocation of CCW laws and such. It's no coincidence Obama chimed in on this one. He certainly didn't do it for votes. Hispanic population is bigger than Black population and growing 3.5x faster. And I don't think it is because he identifies with Martin. It's to help with the groundswell. The Brady spokesperson has been all over the place. This could be the start of their big push.

Little green men chasing you around too?

Thats quite a stretch).

I also never said I took any witness as truth. Everyone else keeps bringing up the witness, who didn't see the start of the fight, and I offered others. You say in one sentence that you'll take some guys "unequivocal" statements then end you post by say we shouldn't rely on witnesses. Which one is it? Like I said I'm just posting here and reading to come up with my own opinion of the case.

Oh come on. Don't mention witnesses in a post and then later say "everyone else keeps bringing them up" as if that nullifies anything you said that was based on their statements. If you refer to a witnesses statements in the formation of your opinion obviously you think they are valid. Who makes a case using arguments they don't believe to be valid/accurate?

Furthermore, I said I would take "unequivocal" over what amounts to complete speculation, i.e. hearing unknown voices or feeling something. Not that I take it as absolute fact. Obviously add the physical evidence, busted nose, laceration on back of head, and perhaps you can see why I think Zimmerman should get the benefit of the doubt or at least not be executed prior to the trial.

Little green men chasing you around too?

Thats quite a stretch).

Maybe, maybe not. I guess those green men are chasing lots of folks. Chasing them right down to the local gun shop. Obama has been the gun salesman of the year for several years running. Do you think that is because gun lovers think he wants to make guns easier to get?

I believe we are all missing the point here. Debating this is pointless. Whatever is going to happen will happen in a few weeks after the grand jury. All of this speculation (from either side) is absolutely useless. What we SHOULD potentially be worried about is how they're going to use this to attack a law that helps citizens and may or may not have been justified in this case. While checking my email this morning, I noticed on yahoo that the top search was "Stand your ground law" and that it linked to several news articles debating whether or not we should repeal it.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess those green men are chasing lots of folks. Chasing them right down to the local gun shop. Obama has been the gun salesman of the year for several years running. Do you think that is because gun lovers think he wants to make guns easier to get?

And he is the main reason that I "pulled the trigger" and purchased guns myself ;), but I don't agree with your other post, thats' all.

I'm not siding with either and I've stated that multiple time. I'm just wondering how an unarmed teenager gets killed and then man is set free despite the lead investigator recommending prosecution. I've already said if Martin attacked Zimmerman than it was justified. I just want the facts before we set someone free. Obviously there was enough there to make the investigator want to prosecute. We probably could've avoided this mess had the police not royally screwed up.

But did the police screw up? If the investigator wanted to arrest him [doesn't mean much most cops err on the side of arrest first, sort out details later] it would then fall on the prosecutor. Considering, "A prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich" I'm wondering why they didn't feel there was enough evidence to move forward.

For me it's just as easy to believe that Martin may have punched Zimmerman and that Martin may be a thug as it is for me to believe Zimmerman started it. You brought up seeing plenty of fights, etc. Sure I have and I've also seen many thugs (of any race) just sucker punch people for no reason. I bet most of those guys had moms who thought they were angels.

I will be surprised if charges are brought. Unless some new startling piece of evidence is revealed. If for no other reason than we just don't know what happened and it's innocent until proven guilty. Then again, considering the public outcry, maybe I won't be too surprised. The sooner the case goes away the better.

• Like 1

The media is having a field day with this story -

Hair of the Dog: Trayvon Martin Killing Stokes Racial Divide as the Left Incites Mob

I don't know why, but after watching that video, I felt oddly compelled to find out what Wendy Williams thought about this case, as it was featured as one of the follow-on links. I really wish I hadn't. Thinking about both videos, this immediately leapt to mind:

You said it............"Innocent untill proven guilty".......for Z.......justice will prevail.

Not those Creeps like Sharpton, Jackson, Spike Lee, Louis Farahkan........just look who these people have to look up to as leaders......wouldn't let them weed my lawn.

Oh come on. Don't mention witnesses in a post and then later say "everyone else keeps bringing them up" as if that nullifies anything you said that was based on their statements. If you refer to a witnesses statements in the formation of your opinion obviously you think they are valid. Who makes a case using arguments they don't believe to be valid/accurate?

Furthermore, I said I would take "unequivocal" over what amounts to complete speculation, i.e. hearing unknown voices or feeling something. Not that I take it as absolute fact. Obviously add the physical evidence, busted nose, laceration on back of head, and perhaps you can see why I think Zimmerman should get the benefit of the doubt or at least not be executed prior to the trial.

My argument isn't for one way or the other. You all seem to want to exonerate him. I'm stating i believe there surely is enough evidence to have a trial. People keep bringing up the one witness and ignoring that their were others as well as a phone call going on at the same time. I think in this thread we've learned that there is enough questions to warrant a trial. We just don't let a person go that just killed someone. I'm all for letting Zimmerman go if it was self defense, but shouldn't we at least try to find out. How would you feel if this was your child dead. I just want to see a little more police work than taking a guys word who has a pretty shady past.

The broken nose and cuts on head only prove there was a struggle, it doesn't prove who started it. Shouldn't we at least try to find answers before we just let someone go? An investigator wants to prosecute shouldn't we at least have a trial. If he's innocent he's innocent but the way they handled this made this into a bigger situation than it needed to be. I would think this would be common sense.

Believe me I'm not for stringing Zimmerman up but you're basically calling Martin a thug criminal when really it could be either way. Sorry I just want to see both parties given a fair shake even of one is dead and will never get to see it.

• Like 1

But did the police screw up? If the investigator wanted to arrest him [doesn't mean much most cops err on the side of arrest first, sort out details later] it would then fall on the prosecutor. Considering, "A prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich" I'm wondering why they didn't feel there was enough evidence to move forward.

For me it's just as easy to believe that Martin may have punched Zimmerman and that Martin may be a thug as it is for me to believe Zimmerman started it. You brought up seeing plenty of fights, etc. Sure I have and I've also seen many thugs (of any race) just sucker punch people for no reason. I bet most of those guys had moms who thought they were angels.

I will be surprised if charges are brought. Unless some new startling piece of evidence is revealed. If for no other reason than we just don't know what happened and it's innocent until proven guilty. Then again, considering the public outcry, maybe I won't be too surprised. The sooner the case goes away the better.

Unfortunately it's not going away and without a trial it'll probably get much worse. I don't see a problem with at least letting a jury decide instead of the police. We already see a connection between Zimmerman's family and law enforcement. That's enough for me to get nervous about the decision not to prosecute. I don't know too many people that have beaten two domestic violence charges and one assault on a police officer do you? I'm not calling it a hate crime (I don't believe it is)

Honestly you should've seen the argument I had with two African American women I work with. They were completely on the opposite side of you guys and I used some of what I learned here to have the debate. I asked them what they would think if Martin really was the aggressor. It's tough because there are two sides and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I just want to know what happened and I think the trial would bring a lot out. Sorry if you disagree but I'd like to live in a world where if something like this happens we don't just let the guy go. If it were my kid I'd want some answers.

• Like 1

The only question I have is who would name their child "Trayvon"?

Thats a pretty normal name considering some that I've heard

La-A pronounced La-dash-a because "the dash isn't silent"

Twins Vanessa and Notvanessa.

Pajamas pronounced Pa-jay-mus that's a great story better told in person

I can go on and on. What happened to normal names?

Some of the names in my Fiancee's classes (She's a teacher in Newark):

Shainahyla

Al-Basir

Jy’Ell

Kimora

Najeeyah

Keeshawn

Zimbreah

Jariah

Asada

Onaji

Jac’Quil

La’Shonte

Quado’u

Aquille

Tanajah

Janiyah

Milca

Ah-Sadda

Osariemen

Chinedu

Bi-yonce

Basim

Some of the names in my Fiancee's classes (She's a teacher in Newark):

Shainahyla

Al-Basir

Jy’Ell

Kimora

Najeeyah

Keeshawn

Zimbreah

Jariah

Asada

Onaji

Jac’Quil

La’Shonte

Quado’u

Aquille

Tanajah

Janiyah

Milca

Ah-Sadda

Osariemen

Chinedu

Bi-yonce

Basim

I love the use of dashes and apostrophes. Like I said I could type all day with some of the names I've seen.

ABCDE - Ab-see-de . Yep , seen it.

I actually have heard the name Trayvon before , a few times.

I did a birth class with a girl named Farrah Kahn. AND I know a guy genuinely named Richard Upright.

I have to hear the Pa-JAY-mus story. It almost sounds Irish pronounced like that . be - JAY-sus.

How many Trayvon's do you know? How many did you go to school with? How many in your neighborhood? How many in your family?

Is it a popular name and I'm unaware of it?

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but it's gotten pretty heated, and it is a pretty dark thread to begin with, so....

Speaking of names like that, my sister had a kid in the school she used to teach at whose name was Chlamydia (like the STD), and another whose name was Syx-Pece ("six-piece")

Oh, and La-a (La"dash"a)