Shawnmoore81

My friends house got hit

when i was shoping for my gunsafe, i made sure to get one that had ports built in to put my surveilance camera's HDD in it. I was planning ahead

The system only works if it's still there after they're gone. Other wise it's just a waste of money. Does it have an external drive? or do you run the entire system into your safe?

The system only works if it's still there after they're gone. Other wise it's just a waste of money. Does it have an external drive? or do you run the entire system into your safe?

it is a dvr based setup. i am gonna put the dvr in the safe. The safe has bulkhead ports for ethernet, cameras will run into it. i will be able to view the cameras from my i phone, it will text or email me when there is any motion in my exclusion zones.

I am basically duplicating the sytem my buddy uses in his repair shop car dealer. It works well. My house is SMALL, so i don't need super duper cameras, and with 8, i will have every side, shed and avenue covered in spades

Ive been looking at them too...Also for my business. Any tips or help? Lots of systems out there...whats good? bad?

I got a swan system from Costco and it is easy to install and get working. Has 500GB HD so it can record 24-7 and holds about a month of HD video before it records over itself. If you set it to a lower resolution, it goes about 120 days. I can even watch the cameras from my Android (and see if they are working).

I got a swan system from Costco and it is easy to install and get working. Has 500GB HD so it can record 24-7 and holds about a month of HD video before it records over itself. If you set it to a lower resolution, it goes about 120 days. I can even watch the cameras from my Android (and see if they are working).

I went with a swann as well. my buddy has had one for about 6 months...it really works well and the infrared isn't bad either

Here's a story for ya, my little sister works at a little local deli (Red Barn Deli) in Deerfield on Rt 77 for those familiar with south jersey. At 4:30 this afternoon she was robbed at gunpoint by a man and a woman both wearing hoodies. They came in, went to the register held a gun to her head and took the money from the register. Store has no surveillance cameras. She's alright, just shaken and scared. And last week my wifes aunts house was broken into, thief kicked in back french door. Person stole jewelry and tvs. This happened between 2 pm and 4:30 pm. This used to be a quiet area. Now I'm looking to get a house alarm and surveillance cameras.

Does it really matter how the guy gained access??? Do you think a locked door has stopped a burglar before??

Yes, it did matter to me. I was waiting to hear that the perp entered through an unlocked door, as does happen so many times. I'm glad that was not the case here.

Here's a story for ya, my little sister works at a little local deli (Red Barn Deli) in Deerfield on Rt 77 for those familiar with south jersey. At 4:30 this afternoon she was robbed at gunpoint by a man and a woman both wearing hoodies. They came in, went to the register held a gun to her head and took the money from the register. Store has no surveillance cameras. She's alright, just shaken and scared. And last week my wifes aunts house was broken into, thief kicked in back french door. Person stole jewelry and tvs. This happened between 2 pm and 4:30 pm. This used to be a quiet area. Now I'm looking to get a house alarm and surveillance cameras.

They hit walmart parking lot and robbed a couple at gun point before the red barn deli

Glad to hear they caught the dude. This kind of thing is only going to get worse as the economy continues to crumble.

Regarding video surveillance systems... do they generally include motion detection or is that a higher-end model feature? I dunno, something that will trip an alarm or somehow alert the homeowner to outside movement during certain times?

Glad to hear they caught the dude. This kind of thing is only going to get worse as the economy continues to crumble.

Regarding video surveillance systems... do they generally include motion detection or is that a higher-end model feature? I dunno, something that will trip an alarm or somehow alert the homeowner to outside movement during certain times?

You can get motion detection, IR, remote monitoring and alerting, 2 way audio, etc for relatively cheap.

http://foscam.us/products/foscam-fi8918w-wireless-ip-camera-11.html?gclid=CLij7daZ-qkCFaZd5Qod3FxsYQ

Ive been looking at them too...Also for my business. Any tips or help? Lots of systems out there...whats good? bad?

I have the Logitech units-both outdoor and indoor cameras. They have expandable on board storage and they are accessible from my phones and desktops. It sends an email or text alert with still photo whenever it senses motion (predetermined thresholds). So far they've been pretty damn good.

Wish I had it before we were robbed this past summer, but the PD caught them anyhow.

...and those of you that think your dogs will protect your home...we have two and the perps just opened the door and let them run off. Lucky for us a neighbor spotted them (dogs) and put them back in our yard...the 4 perps still have yet to see their day in court. Lots of charges including a stolen handgun (not mine) from one of the houses they hit.

They broke a patio door down to get in....then simply walked away..

I have the Logitech units-both outdoor and indoor cameras. They have expandable on board storage and they are accessible from my phones and desktops. It sends an email or text alert with still photo whenever it senses motion (predetermined thresholds). So far they've been pretty damn good.

Which ones? Wireless? I'm looking for a good set but it has to have wireless cameras.

If you need wireless, make sure you get secured. Best bet is off the shelf wifi-WPA2 encryption enabled cameras, used with something like a Synology NAS device with the Surveillance Station add-on to provide remote viewing and DVR capabilities.

Why did they need a warrant to search the vehicle? Once they found drugs/needles on him, didn't that give them carte blache to search the vehicle?

No depending on where the weapons were. They probably found the needle after getting him out which removes their exigent circumstances. If one is not in a rush it is bet to wait for a warrant. This state gives perps too many rights.