Melgamatic

Dicks in Union opens this weekend

It's were Circuit City was. They sent me a double coupon card since I'm a ScoreCard member. They're also entering members that make purchases this weekend into a raffle for gift cards. I think it was (1)$500 and (1)$250 card IIRC. I know I'll be going this weekend.

If its anything like the Dicks in Paramus

all the ammo will be sold within an hour!

They have been good at honoring advertised prices on sold out ammo, when an alternative is available

The last two times I was in there, no 9mm at all

none!

They are open now, but the gun racks and ammo cases are still empty. But, they have signs up, etc, so they should be there soon. They do have gun accessories and cleaning supplies.

They're still putting up inventory, but the store looks nice (like a normal new Dick's, before the customers mess up all the nice piles).

They will be doing bow tuning, etc.

So I went to this store yesterday. Very busy and very organized. They impressed me with their "outdoors" section. Lot's of camping/outdoors equipment and supplies. They even have half a rack full of freeze dried foods. Their golfing section was large, with a very small putter course to test the putters. Not as much clothing as the Woodbridge store. The fishing section has a HUGE selection, or at least I think so. The hunting/Bows/Cleaning supplies/ targets were a fairly decent selection. I was surprised at how many bows, and cross-bows they had on display. Woodbridge is known for empty bow racks. It looks as though they plan to do a lot of bow work. The tuning area was quiet small, and I didn't see a short range to test fire after tuning. Just looked like a renovated janitorial closet, unless I missed a secret hidden room.

Here is my only problem. I tried to get some info on the guns and ammo selection, as there was none to display yet. The first person I saw I attempted to ask how much ammo they planned on keeping, what selection of guns, etc etc. Before I could get an answer from him, another person came up to us holding a fishing rod and asking a question about it. He immediately forgot about me and followed this guy back to the fishing section, as if I was never there. So I go walking around some more and come back about 10 minutes later. There is another gentleman near the gun racks so I try to get some info from him.

Keep in mind that this guy looked and sounded like he had been coming down from smoking pot earlier.

Me:"What kind of selection of guns are looking at stocking here?"

Dick's Employee: "Around $300 each."

Me: "No, what will your SELECTION be?"

DE: "Oh, um, I'm not sure."

Me: "Ok, how about ammo? Do you plan to have a wide selection handgun/rifle ammo? What I'm really interested in is 5.56"

DE: "I dont know."

Me: "Any idea when you will have your guns on the racks?"

DE: "No, they haven't gotten here yet."

Me: ::sarcastic laugh:: "But do you know when they WILL be here?"

DE : "No."

Me: ::Smiling:: "Ok. Thanks for all your help."

DE: "No problem Sir, just let me know if you need help with anything else."

I'm curious what he was giving me a price on, and why he just assumed. It was an annoying conversation, but I still walked away laughing. All in all, I will be going there pretty often as it's very close to home.

I have been to two other "Dick's" opening and they never seem to have guns and ammo for the first couple of weeks. The last time the guy behind the counter said they were waiting on their "Pink Cards".

I saw their flyer on Sunday stating Grand Opening. No where on the flyer did it say on sale at Union only. I browse the online flyer and see Remington Gun Club on sale for $5.48 box if you buy a case. I clicked on the ammo, and at the bottom lists the store closest to me = Manahawkin. I go to the store and the manager says Union only on sale. I asked him to show where in the flyer it states this, and show him where it tells me to come to his store. I started to tell the manager what I was thinking and decided it wasn't worth it but did tell him I would never enter his store again. The salesmen at the counter agreed I should be given the sale price. F Dicks!

went today. all the salespeople said "the state messed up the paperwork" -told me guns and ammo by this Thursday. either way, I find Dick's has good prices on 9mm

I have been buying new 9mm online from a place called Freedom Munitions. Slow delivery, but at $9.48 a box of 115 gr. fmj I can wait the delivery time.

I have been buying new 9mm online from a place called Freedom Munitions. Slow delivery, but at $9.48 a box of 115 gr. fmj I can wait the delivery time.

.18¢ a round is the cheapest I've found and that was TulAmmo.

Full Metal Jacket 0.23

Brown Bear 0.20

Federal 0.23

PMC 0.22

Remington 0.28

Speer 0.21

TulAmmo 0.18

Winchester 0.26

GUN DEPARTMENT IS OPEN!!!! BUT!!!! they dont have their nics lience/phone line...so u cant buy guns yt. although you can still pick up ammo!!!! yah!!

I was in today to pick up a 10/22 and found out the hard way.

They said "I promise it should be up by Tuesday"

See how he used promised and should in a sentence.

Sales guy did NOT ask to see a FID before handling rifles tho.

It seems they are no longer accepting coupons for ammo. I have bought ammo from them no less than a dozen times and used a coupon for every transaction. The woman at the register told me today that she would not accept my coupon for ammo and they never do/have. I was surprised at this because the SAME woman took my coupon a couple weeks ago. I told them how many times I used a coupon for ammo and they told me I was wrong. She said that if I went back and check my receipts I would see she was right. There were a couple other employess behind the registers and they all agreed that they have never taken a coupon for ammo. One of them also took coupons from me in the past. I am 10,000% positive they have taken my coupons in the past and my receipts at home confirm that to be true. I don't have a problem with them not taking it as it does say on the coupon that it excludes ammo even though they set the precedent by taking it every time in the past. I do have a problem with the attitude of the woman who checked me out, and others,  insisting that I was wrong. I told her they could keep the ammo and I would not be coming back to shop at their stores as the only reason I was going there to shop in the first place was the coupons. I know they are Dick's over there when it comes to 2A but its hard to pass on getting 45acp for about $16/box.

Coupons have always said ammo, guns, under armour and so on not included. I've tried and it doesn't come off on the receipt. You lose your coupon, but rewards certificates work. They also don't take competitors coupons in that location, Woodbridge does.

I had to do a double take when you mentioned multiple salespeople discussing ammo sales policies...but I see you were referring to the folks at checkout.

i've never seen anyone working the gun counter in Union, and have had many long waits trying to find someone who could.  Last trip, I finally resorted to calling the store and asking to speak to someone in guns, just to get someone to come to the counter where I was standing.   That's a fair bit of effort, just to be told they are out of .22.