Ray Ray

Cigars? What's the deal!

Do any of you non(cigarette)smokers enjoy a cigar every so often?

I've never smoked either, not really a fan of cigarettes due their addictive and, in my opnion - gross qualities, But cigars dont seem as " disgusting" to me.

I don't smoke cigs - never have in my life - the smell and everything nauseates me.

Cigars, I smoke though - they smell awesome. You don't inhale the smoke - it's for taste. However, if a cigar's too dry (hasn't been properly stored), then it'll burn hot and ashy and taste like crap.

I stop by MIdtown Cigar every once in a while to pick up some. They have their Cigar of the Week specials too.

Thompson Cigar is a good place to buy from online.

Neither my wife, nor I smoke cigarettes, but we love Jose Padilla 1932's!

FYI. Be careful about admitting to buying Cubans overseas...the way the law is written, I'm 90% sure that it's illegal for you to even purchase them while outside of the U.S.

FYI. Be careful about admitting to buying Cubans overseas...the way the law is written, I'm 90% sure that it's illegal for you to even purchase them while outside of the U.S.

What is a "Cuban" cigar? Never heard of them? LOL.

One can also hit the Famous location, which is only about 10 minutes away from the CI super store. PA is nirvana for shooters and smokers.

The Leaf Restaurant is attached to Famous Cigar!

So is whole milk Camembert and Thai mangosteens....but they somehow find their way across the border also.

I don't smoke cigs - never have in my life - the smell and everything nauseates me.

Cigars, I smoke though - they smell awesome. You don't inhale the smoke - it's for taste. However, if a cigar's too dry (hasn't been properly stored), then it'll burn hot and ashy and taste like crap.

I stop by MIdtown Cigar every once in a while to pick up some. They have their Cigar of the Week specials too.

Thompson Cigar is a good place to buy from online.

Nick ( or anybody else )

Any recommendations for a cigar virgin/newb to give a try?

I also like Honduran Santa Rosas but I've never been able to find them here in the states. I like smooth, long burning cigars that I can puff for 30 minutes. I have tried all the basic Punch, Romeo y Juliet, etc. but even the Dominican Cohibas just don't match up to the Cubans.

J&R shows a decent selection of Santa Rosas in their catalog as does Thompson I believe. Must try one myself one day.

Anything by Macanudo, light and tasty.

Funny, when I was a cigar noob, I tried a bunch of Macanudos and they completely turned me off of cigars...they were too "light," and too much like a cigarette.

I would recommend:

Padilla 1932 (size: Toro)

Padilla 1948 Edicion Limitada 2010 if you can find them (Torpedo or corona)

I only have 6 Edicion Limtiadas left, but if you want to try a 1932 (I bought a box), PM me your address, I'd be happy to send you one!

Cigars are quite a particular art. A cigar that's wonderful in one size could be "too much" in a larger diameter and too weak in a smaller diameter. Also, try pairing your cigar with a nice bourbon, whiskey, scotch, brandy or red wine.

I also like Honduran Santa Rosas but I've never been able to find them here in the states. I like smooth, long burning cigars that I can puff for 30 minutes. I have tried all the basic Punch, Romeo y Juliet, etc. but even the Dominican Cohibas just don't match up to the Cubans.

Try some aged macanudos. I had a dozen from 1982. Very nice cigar.

J&r usually has something like in a locked case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do any of you non(cigarette)smokers enjoy a cigar every so often?

I've never smoked either, not really a fan of cigarettes due their addictive and, in my opnion - gross qualities, But cigars dont seem as " disgusting" to me.

hm?

Won't touch cigarettes, I think they smell horrible, don't want to get addicted, and they are far worse than cigars for your health.

I do smoke cigars on occasion however, they smell completely different and taste pretty good.

Depends on your taste. I like a Romeo y Julieta Maduro Reserve. I would go to a nice cigar store and ask.

That was my first one. Smoked it in Mexico while we were at the "club". Took me a long time to finish it though.

Nick ( or anybody else )

Go to a decent cigar store (Cigar International, JR Cigar Whippany) and talk to the people that work there. They can usually make great recommendations.

I am rather partial to Rocky Patels.

During Musikfest in Bethlehem they have a guy (West New York?) hand rolling cigars outside CI. Good Stuff!

H. Upmann, CAO, Partegas, El Rey Demundos, and Romeo and Juliets are smokes of choice. I also supplement with the DE Acid line, and am a big fan of the Kuba Kuba and Nasty. I like to lounge with one of my pipes, too.

I don't smoke cigarettes.

Nick ( or anybody else )

Yup, here is a good one, NONE, don't do it man, next thing yo will know you will like it and it's just not a good thing to get into and a bad habit and one that I'll eventually give up, just not completely ready just yet. Keep in mind it's about time I do, and maybe some this or next year when I decide to give it up but I do keep thinking I started smoking 34 years ago and while I started with cigs that were 60 cents a pack and I think 5.50 a carton, think it was 50 cents off when you bought a carton back them for the smokes I bought. I just can't help but think what kind of money I have spent over the years, let alone the health issues, luckily as of now I have no problems, but even though full stress tests show no damage and show I am in good shape for my age, there has got to be some. Oh an no cracks on shape, yea round in some areas more than I would like, but keep in mine Round is a shape.. lol

Never smoked cigarettes in my life, but a Drew Estates coffee infused robusto negra, are more addictive than crack.

You should try the Java Latte in a robusto. Smooth as silk with a creamy lingering after taste.

Okay, maybe it's a reason for old guys to smoke a fatty away from the wife. Or maybe it's another way to show how much monies you got other than the pistols in your case. Or maybe it's a New Jersey guy thing too. I've been to Old Bridge a bunch of times now for matches, and the Cuban's (or whatever) seem to come out. Why?

I enjoy cigars for pleasure relaxing! Smoking and shooting is plain stupid

Cigars,Boobs,Beer,hotrods & Guns go together.

Fixed that for ya...

I picked up several hundred dollars worth of cigars from NC when I was down there for my dads funeral in Jan and my humidor is almost empty already... Cheaper than up here and better selection. Partagas is my smoke of choice. I find the really cheap cigars leave a bad taste in your mouth...I did smoke a $20 cuban in Aruba this past month and boy was it gooooooodd...You can definitely tell the difference between a good cigar and a really good cigar.

Whats funny is the smell of cigarettes makes me want to vomit..