Justjules

Beretta CX4 Storm

It's still listed on beretta's site. I heatd it was discontinued, I also heard some police force in India oedered 40,000 units which would also explain unavailability. Unless you can point to confirmation from beretta, I would say it's still being made.

It's still listed on beretta's site. I heatd it was discontinued, I also heard some police force in India oedered 40,000 units which would also explain unavailability. Unless you can point to confirmation from beretta, I would say it's still being made.

The gun shop told me you wont be able to get them soon also. Dont know if it was a sales pitch or not, but it sold me on it..

I found the stock trigger spongy and sloppy,lots of travel. The SP trigger group is crisp and 100 times smoother. I got the adjustable trigger kit, It allows you to adjust travel .

Relatively easy to DIY.. The SP trigger group is all steel, no plastic. Quality materials. The only looks i really care about is the look of the grouping on paper .Cool looking doesn't

make it reliable.

I found the stock trigger spongy and sloppy,lots of travel. The SP trigger group is crisp and 100 times smoother. I got the adjustable trigger kit, It allows you to adjust travel .

Relatively easy to DIY.. The SP trigger group is all steel, no plastic. Quality materials. The only looks i really care about is the look of the grouping on paper .Cool looking doesn't

make it reliable.

this..

why are you selling your CX !?!? thought you loved it?

I do and I still firmly believe that while in NJ it is literally one of the best interior home defense weapons available..

it is light.. accurate.. and reliable.. what more could you ask for..

but I am considering my first SBR build and need to sell off something to fund it.. and it is no secret that I do not collect guns.. I buy and sell them as my use changes..

so sadly it must go.. lol

I got to shoot the Beretta today at FT Dix, and the gun is very accurate. However I see what everyone means about the trigger, it absolutely sucks. It feel like it pulls forever then the last 1/8" of an inch fires the weapon, way too much play.

These are small 18" tall targets all at 25 yards. I was also able to hit water bottles out 50 yards without a problem.

2012-05-23_15-56-06_213.jpg

2012-05-23_15-56-11_276.jpg

I also received the barrel shroud and dont like it, Im sending it back.It is very heavy and does not go all the way down the barrel and makes the gun too long. However the gun does need a front vertical grip IMHO it tends to jump upward on the nose with the 45 caliber recoil.

2012-05-23_22-39-09_560.jpg

Yup, we tried to tell you...............That barrel shroud is useless and the vertical grip is worth having.

A red dot really helps to get back on taget when transitioning from one to the next, if you use it for competitions.

Yup, we tried to tell you...............That barrel shroud is useless and the vertical grip is worth having.

A red dot really helps to get back on taget when transitioning from one to the next, if you use it for competitions.

Yes, the sights are very small, so a red dot will be on the shopping list as well as the 15 round mags.

front grip is not a bad idea at all...they really are great guns..

I like it, except for the trigger. I may look into the trigger mod they make. Other than that it is very accurate. Keep in mind those targets I posted above were double taps and rapid fire at 25 yards first time using the gun. A red dot sight and better trigger would make for much more effective rapid fire IMO. But the vertical grip is a must, the gun really jumps in 45cal version.

I kept the stock trigger (mine feels fine), but did swap out the plastic guide rod for the SP steel one. If you split the storm open incorrectly you can easily snap the flimsy floopy stock plastic guiderod. I have the moerse barrel shield, its extremely lightweight, looks good, and functionally keeps you from burning your hands on the barrel. Maybe instead of a vert grip, you can go with a magpul AFG.

I kept the stock trigger (mine feels fine), but did swap out the plastic guide rod for the SP steel one. If you split the storm open incorrectly you can easily snap the flimsy floopy stock plastic guiderod. I have the morska barrel shield, its extremely lightweight, looks good, and functionally keeps you from burning your hands on the barrel. Maybe instead of a vert grip, you can go with a magpul AFG.

Where did you get the barrel shield?

If you must have a shroud on your CX4, the moerse lekker is the one to get (I think that's what the earlier poster meant when they typed "morska"):

http://moerse.com/PR...tta/SHROUDS.htm

Sierra Papa are good people, order their stuff with confidence.

BTW, I *still* have a prototype Sierra Papa aftermarket hammer for a CX4 storm if anyone wants it, just send me $5 of so to cover shipping it to you if you're not local to me. It if works on your gun then you can save a bit of money on the trigger kit upgrade.

I tried to give it to Ray Ray a while ago, but he's one stubborn horse that just won't drink...

If you must have a shroud on your CX4, the moerse lekker is the one to get (I think that's what the earlier poster meant when they typed "morska"):

http://moerse.com/PR...tta/SHROUDS.htm

Sierra Papa are good people, order their stuff with confidence.

BTW, I *still* have a prototype Sierra Papa aftermarket hammer for a CX4 storm if anyone wants it, just send me $5 of so to cover shipping it to you if you're not local to me. It if works on your gun then you can save a bit of money on the trigger kit upgrade.

I tried to give it to Ray Ray a while ago, but he's one stubborn horse that just won't drink...

I will be happy to take it off your hands, I plan on ordering the kit soon.And thank you that is the barrel shroud I was originally looking for. The Barett one does not slide all the way down on the barrel and increases the barrel length by about 2" as a result.

Im flabbergasted that anyone thinks the stock trigger group is ok! I've shot toy cap guns

with better triggers! lol . Personally if there was only one thing i could do to the CX4 it would be the trigger,it's a rough ,plastic POS IMO.

But to each his own..

Im flabbergasted that anyone thinks the stock trigger group is ok! I've shot toy cap guns

with better triggers! lol . Personally if there was only one thing i could do to the CX4 it would be the trigger,it's a rough ,plastic POS IMO.

But to each his own..

I agree. The one complaint about the gun so far.

again... please hear me.. do not put the shroud on the gun.. it is useless..

do you put a barrel shroud on every gun you own, so you don't burn your hand?

I'm on the fence on this one. It protects the barrel (and the crown) from damage but it does add weight (although not really enough to matter)