RedBowTies88

Birdshot for HD? VIDEO!

So maybe after this we can all take a break from beating the deceased equine for a little while. I'm a big fan of this gentlemans channel. The best ammo tests I've seen on youtube by far.

Anyway take a look and see what you think. Then check out his other videos as well. Hopefully this hasen't been posted before.

While I think the 12ga is probably the best HD weapon I didn't see anything in that video that would make me want to use birdshot over buckshot.

Exactly.

Its not like the birdshot gives you the mythical giant 20' diameter cloud of death as some would lead you to believe. its either a few inch group of alot of light pellets or a few inch group of a few big pellets.

inside 7 yards it doesn't matter what you use. #8 shot, #4 shot, 000, 00, slug whatever. It will put 1 big hole in the bad guy

so you say....

I would not trust peppering some potential face eating zombie with rock salt size lead.. when I could instead chuck a handful of much heavier lead that is PROVEN to stop...

there is no doubt birdshot at close range would stop MOST individuals.. the problem is the operative word MOST.. buck shot on the other hand WILL stop them..

so you say....

I would not trust peppering some potential face eating zombie with rock salt size lead.. when I could instead chuck a handful of much heavier lead that is PROVEN to stop...

there is no doubt birdshot at close range would stop MOST individuals.. the problem is the operative word MOST.. buck shot on the other hand WILL stop them..

Go to the range next time, put the target at 7 yards and shoot it with birdshot.

Can't believe people are still under this old assumption that birdshot is under powered. Yikes

Go to the range next time, put the target at 7 yards and shoot it with birdshot.

Can't believe people are still under this old assumption that birdshot is under powered. Yikes

This test was done at just shy of 7 yards (21 feet)... 95% of the shot went in a whopping 4 inches. You really think thats gonna stop a bad guy oon some bath salts? Let alone a zombie. It couldn't even stop dick cheney and he's older then smokeless powder!

Go to the range next time, put the target at 7 yards and shoot it with birdshot. Can't believe people are still under this old assumption that birdshot is under powered. Yikes

Bird shot is great if you're shooting children.

I use birdshot for HD, my reasoning is I have a small child and my neighbors house is 20ft away. I dont want to have to worry where my rounds go. Plus Rayray is right at 7 yrds birdshot is going to do its job. In a Zombie situation birdshot is useless unless its close range

Don't care if you're using an air-soft or paint-gun let alone a shotty with bird, slug, buck or anything else, center-fire or rimfire handgun or rifle, you should always care about where whatever you shot goes.. The 4 basic rules of gun handling are there for a reason.

I'm not going to rethink it, I care less with bird shot. As long as my family isnt around I could care less. I know about round accountability, I have plenty of training in that aspect. I just hope I never have to deal with the situation.

I hope you never have to deal with the NJ prosecutor who gets assigned your case, and from a public forum reads your post enthusiastically to a jury about how the defendant " Could care less", and stated " I don't want to have to worry where my rounds go" - at the trial where you are being held for manslaughter for accidently killing your neighbors kid in the house next door...

I'm not going to rethink it, I care less with bird shot. As long as my family isn't around I could care less. I know about round accountability, I have plenty of training in that aspect. I just hope I never have to deal with the situation.

While none of us want to ever have to deal with this, you cannot just say you don't care about where your round goes, yea a window you just shot out is going to stop the bird-shot, yup, you can say for sure that door is going to, that sheet rock. What about if you miss completely and hit someone else. You can't assume you are going to be in 1000% control of any high pressure situation.

Now if you were a hermit living 20 miles away from your next closest neighbor, have at it, but I doubt that's the case.

You really need to re-think this, and not just for the legal side of things, you not going to like it if you shoot someone you care about by accident, and with this thought process about a HD situation, that's exactly what you're setting yourself up for.