dave545

-1000000000 Shore shot never going back

Just to chime in here. I agree that absenty owners are a real problem in any business. Billy (the owner) is recovering fron a double knee replacement. He is a nice guy and seems to be down to earth to me. So is Kyle in my opinion. What these guys do is their business. I have no idea when they are there or not because I am busy in my own life.

In sales, relationships is the lifeline of the business. One bad relationship can cost you big. Maybe somebody should speak to Billy or Kyle about it.

Just to chime in here. I agree that absenty owners are a real problem in any business. Billy (the owner) is recovering fron a double knee replacement. He is a nice guy and seems to be down to earth to me. So is Kyle in my opinion. What these guys do is their business. I have no idea when they are there or not because I am busy in my own life.

In sales, relationships is the lifeline of the business. One bad relationship can cost you big. Maybe somebody should speak to Billy or Kyle about it.

I think it's become a moot point,Billy and Kyle have shown their distaste for NJGF and some of it's members by their very silence even when they were vendors on this forum. They have a problem with customer service apparently as do many growing and busy enterprises and as smart businessmen,hopefully they will fix it but taking advice from NJGF members I fear is not in the cards.

I think it's become a moot point,Billy and Kyle have shown their distaste for NJGF and some of it's members by their very silence even when they were vendors on this forum. They have a problem with customer service apparently as do many growing and busy enterprises and as smart businessmen,hopefully they will fix it but taking advice from NJGF members I fear is not in the cards.

agreed

in the beginning they were very open to opinions and criticism however, within the last year they have cared less about what the customers have had to say and it has become a bother to them it seems.

They got what they wanted. A lot of guys here sent them a lot of business, when it reached critical mass and they were floundering dealing with it, they made stupid decisions about their business with little or no communication with their customers beyond, we don't care deal with it. Then to try and get rid of the "evidence" so to speak they dropped the forum and had all their posts deleted.

Long story short, they spent some time here, got lots of new customers, made decisions that screwed long standing customers in favor of new ones, then left so when people searched google all those negative posts detailing their bs wouldn't show up.

Personally I wouldn't have deleted anything, I'd have just stuck it an archive area that could still be found on a search engine. This site is too nice to these guys in my opinion. (Should have done the same thing with BA back in the day too)

They got what they wanted. A lot of guys here sent them a lot of business, when it reached critical mass and they were floundering dealing with it, they made stupid decisions about their business with little or no communication with their customers beyond, we don't care deal with it. Then to try and get rid of the "evidence" so to speak they dropped the forum and had all their posts deleted.

Long story short, they spent some time here, got lots of new customers, made decisions that screwed long standing customers in favor of new ones, then left so when people searched google all those negative posts detailing their bs wouldn't show up.

Personally I wouldn't have deleted anything, I'd have just stuck it an archive area that could still be found on a search engine. This site is too nice to these guys in my opinion. (Should have done the same thing with BA back in the day too)

As I understand it Billy finally got fed up with what he considered to be the constant petty whining and especially the entitled attitude some of the newer members of NJGF displayed, not only in the store and range but especially on the forum when they were not appeased and catered to one busy Saturday morning.Now good business decision or not remains to be seen and I was effected as well as the rest of us. I can see where a business has to determine at some point if all the perks offered outweighs the time and effort one has to expend to remain in good standing in a rather small community or cut ties and live with yet undetermined losses.

go to solohmans it is a trap club in howell but he sells ammo and loading components at an amazingly low price, lower than any shops you can find. He is also a stright shooter and tells you how it is, he is very oldschool i mean he keeps his money in a tin can lol

I've heard that guy is the goods from others at the range -- one of NJ's best kept secrets. I think he's only open a couple nights a week?

As I understand it Billy finally got fed up with what he considered to be the constant petty whining and especially the entitled attitude some of the newer members of NJGF displayed, not only in the store and range but especially on the forum when they were not appeased and catered to one busy Saturday morning.Now good business decision or not remains to be seen and I was effected as well as the rest of us. I can see where a business has to determine at some point if all the perks offered outweighs the time and effort one has to expend to remain in good standing in a rather small community or cut ties and live with yet undetermined losses.

If you consider it petty whining to expect what YOU WERE SOLD, then guilty as charged. Everyone, including the boso's at SS, seem to forget that the stuff they dropped with ZERO notice was all things they used as SELLING POINTS to get memberships. They essentially entered into a contract to provide those services "AS ADVERTISED" at the time you bought your membership. When it EXPIRED is the time to change those rules for a customer.

Not even Verizon has the balls to pull that type of bs with their customers. They'll screw you AFTER your current contract is up, but they'll follow it to the letter while it's valid.

Hmm, wonder if we could get enough customers who were effected to do a class action against SS. That'd be kind of funny win or lose.

I've heard that guy is the goods from others at the range -- one of NJ's best kept secrets. I think he's only open a couple nights a week?

ya he is open from 12-dusk on tuesday to shoot and sun 12-5 to shoot and the shop is open wed and fri night from 6or 7 - 930 and sun from 12 to 9:30 if memory serves me correctly

If you consider it petty whining to expect what YOU WERE SOLD, then guilty as charged. Everyone, including the boso's at SS, seem to forget that the stuff they dropped with ZERO notice was all things they used as SELLING POINTS to get memberships. They essentially entered into a contract to provide those services "AS ADVERTISED" at the time you bought your membership. When it EXPIRED is the time to change those rules for a customer.

Not even Verizon has the balls to pull that type of bs with their customers. They'll screw you AFTER your current contract is up, but they'll follow it to the letter while it's valid.

Hmm, wonder if we could get enough customers who were effected to do a class action against SS. That'd be kind of funny win or lose.

LOL that would be great

Ive never had any bad encounters over there, bought my wasr 10 and beretta .22 from them. And I always ask to see and hold a few guns/rifles even though i didnt have my p2p at the time with me. I always dealt with the heavyset black dude ( dont know his name)

His name is Troy.

CREATE YOURSELF GREAT SHOOTING DAYS!!!

Scig

I'm seeing a trend here. Always a lot of moaning about local shops.

There is no excuse for a saleman or staff being rude, PERIOD!

But, the salesman see alot of fondling and dicking around without a sale more often than not. And I'm sure that many of the customers are there out of curiosity and may not even be a qualified buyer,

Then after the fondling session the potential customer buys online because "brick and mortar" over head drives prices up.

Fewer stores are carrying heavy inventory do to carrying costs so, the fondlers swarm to the stores that do. And then at times, if they buy local, they buy from a non-inventory shop cheaper.

Just saying, gotta start cutting people some slack.

If you have money and a P2P or FID I'll spend time with you, otherwise take a walk you are not a buyer. This isn't show and tell.

Look in the mirror and see what you look like to the saleman. If you are asking if you should get airsoft or a M4 get out of my store...

For those that don't understand what I'm saying, please fill out and return the attached form:

Old School,

I could not have said it better. I agree with 100% of what you stated.It's a shame more people can't understand the the ins and outs of retail as well as you. I don't work the store often I'men usually on the range but I work it enough to see many people pick our brains and then go elsewhere to buy. But that's retail. Some days are good some are not.

PEACE AND CREATE YOURSELF A GREAT DAY!!

Scig ( Phil RO )

Dave, I apologize for any butthurt you experienced by the butthurt image I posted.

I know the pain of butthurt. Why, just a couple of weeks ago I posted some videos in the daily humor thread that I thought were absolutely hilarious and Ray Ray came back and said that none of them were funny. That's a sting that just never goes away...

I actually agree with, and fully respect, your opinion of your experience at Shore Shot, but I did find that your original post had just a *wee* bit of hyperbole (-1 BEEEEEELYUNNNN!) that I played on.

You sound like a douchebag.. Just sayin..

dont get butthurt.

You sound like a douchebag.. Just sayin..

dont get butthurt.

Way to make friends and influence people. Jeez, it's people like this that are onblivious to sarcasm or just blind. I don't get it.

Great way to make an introduction huh?? Hope his other 3 posts are better.. :facepalm:

Just another potential Wandering Rectum, Harry!

You don't even need to won a gun to join the Forum. Mr. Pushy needs to CHILL some........

Just go to Lou's in Raritan. All your customer service issues will disappear..

Chris and Marshall, are both very knowledgeable with almost everything in the shop. They have PLENTY of pistols and long guns to choose from. Stocking more accessories daily..

Chris and Marshall, are both very knowledgeable with almost everything in the shop. They have PLENTY of pistols and long guns to choose from. Stocking more accessories daily..

ill keep that in mind always like going to new shops ty

Dave, I'll even take a ride with ya on a Saturday lol..

I'm in there almost daily. Its no where near local to me but I will spend my $ there for a long time.

When it's time to shoot, Brick over Shore Shot any day..

Dave, I'll even take a ride with ya on a Saturday lol..

I'm in there almost daily. Its no where near local to me but I will spend my $ there for a long time.

When it's time to shoot, Brick over Shore Shot any day..

oh ya def brick over SS

+1. If im going to buy something new, im going there. They've always done right by me.

So SS just lost another customer that was going to buy a gun because of their rudeness. There really is not enough competition for gun stores in this state and i believe that SS knows this and feels that they don't have to be nice or respectful to their customers because there really aren't any other shops nearby. Well because of this they have lost my one friend, my father and I as customers and anyone else that i can convince not to go their becuase they have done this to us many times in the past.

Add me to the list.

Too many stories about ShoreShot.