JrzyGuy30

Night time Helicopters & Late Night Explosions rattling house at 1am?? What's going on?

Update: **Pictures below**

So... this is something that has been going on every night this week pretty much. I live in Tinton Falls and its nothing but a joy when my wife is keeping me up at night because black hawks or something similarly large are zipping by a few hundred feet above the house and rattling the whole house.. sometimes two at a time... Then I'll take the dog out and here distant explosions and suddenly feel like I'm living in the outskirts of Baghdad and listening to distant bombings with choppers zipping by..

Question is, does anyone know whats going on? News media outlets are hushed about it and the mayor of Tinton Falls stated on the website its the State Police which I know is BS because it was a full moon the other night and I saw these choppers with bright lights on zip by, and they were dark camo colored choppers.. and I've never seen NJSP flying around in military style black hawks..

Thoughts??

Facebook (BETTER) video: https://www.facebook...?v=846061254708

Found a youtube video of some of it:

APP (can't stand these idiots, but an article about it): http://www.app.com/a...ors?odyssey=tab

This is the only thing I could find.

http://longbranch.patch.com/articles/state-police-performing-training-exercises-near-fort-monmouth-tuesday-night

The details are vague and avoid any real information. Whatever is happening, they don't want us to know. Standard.

Though the state police may have been involved, I'd bet a lot that they were NOT the ones operating the helo's.

Training exercises are not unusual, but last time I checked, you didn't do them over residential areas at the middle of the night...unless the fact they are done near over houses is part of the exercise. Even actual non training flights have to abide by standard noise abatement procedures.

From "Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst" on facebook believe it or not:

Several U.S. Marine Corps Reserve units will conduct artillery-fire training at the Dix ranges through June 14.

Training is scheduled to cease by 11 p.m. each day.

This essential training helps ensure the readiness of America's fighting force. As a result of this important training, some residents may hear more noise than usual coming from the base's ranges and may experience possible ground shaking. It is important to note that noise from the ranges may travel

farther during overcast weather conditions.

The joint base works very hard to ensure training has minimal impact on its local communities. JB MDL is grateful for the overwhelming support it has received throughout the years. Base leadership values this relationship and will continue to work hard to ensure we remain good neighbors.

Contact the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Public Affairs Office with any questions or concerns.

However it does say training will end by 11pm each day. Last night heard two loud helos flying over us (Hightstown area) about 1:30 am. I presume somebody is navigating by following the NJTPK. Could it be NJSP, where is the local trauma hospital?

However it does say training will end by 11pm each day. Last night heard two loud helos flying over us (Hightstown area) about 1:30 am. I presume somebody is navigating by following the NJTPK. Could it be NJSP, where is the local trauma hospital?

Yeah, the last 2 nights they've been zipping by past 1am at night...

You are not the only ones disturbed by this. A couple of weeks ago there were socom drills in Miami in the middle of the night complete with explosions, a few weeks before that a lot in Chicago a preps for the NATO summit. This is happening more and more. As some point, when you have enough training to habituate to, you might not even realize when it isn't training.

Yes, you have to condition people to the point where when things like this happen, they are used to expecting it. It becomes the norm. Sort of like airport security. You only realize it isn't the norm when you travel outside the US.

Evergreen International is a military contracted cargo carrier if I am not mistaken.

I hear helos quite a bit living two blocks from a hospital, but stuff has been weird lately. My sister saw people in military attire (not airsofters) running down the street while armed a few weeks back. There were some sirens going off near me this morning, with some person talking in between the sirens, though I couldn't hear what they were saying, and we had some explosions and helicopters near me too. It's really weird what's going on.

Ill tell you i can def hear the artillary stuff going on at Dix when at my in-laws in jackson. Loud as hell

I live on 571 they were doing this long into the night. Helicopters flying by, and even a few low flying refuelers it looked like. I asked one of my buddies who lives on ft.dix and Ur said he didn't hear anything lmao my a$$ lol

I'm still wondering why the Turnplke Authority installed 10' high cyclone fencing topped off by massive amounts of razor ribbon at some interchanges around here?

maybe a specific threat to infrastructure/bridges/highways?