notmetoo

Google shopping is censoring results involving weapons

I keep reading the term Adwords... If that is the case, it won't affect the main index pages nor their shopping section, -I think!-

Adwords are the ads that you see on top of searches highlighted in boxes and/or on the side in which sellers pay for ranking and ticks.

If this refers to their GoogleBase products, then you're screwed.. But again, not their indexed pages.

Or, alternatively:

http://duckduckgo.com/

I found their mini-presentation on what google does with your search info interesting:

http://donttrack.us/

OFF-TOPIC

A buddy was just tellin me about that stuff with google, this is what he told me. "So, you love your andorid phone? How about the tracking/key logging/remote user program they install in them, every text, every picture, every phone call you've ever made is stored in a data base. This isnt some paranoid rambling, this is real shit. Check your phone for carrier IQ or keytracer and take a look at the permission allowed, all of this is government sanctioned, I mean fugg It can even turn on your camera and watch everything you do remotely....land of the free right?"

Google sure has been censoring results and I never knew it --- This past week I've been searching Redding .38 super dies and getting very little in results using google ---

I just tried that Duck go search -- WOW! real results -- No more google for me --- Thanks for the heads up

I was wondering what was going on there. I get search results than hit the shopping tab and, nothing. google toolbar is now uninstalled, bing is the default search engine and I will also be switching my email account. I may even ditch the droid phone once the contract is up but, I'm not sure what else is available. (NO IPHONE EITHER).

OFF-TOPIC

A buddy was just tellin me about that stuff with google, this is what he told me. "So, you love your andorid phone? How about the tracking/key logging/remote user program they install in them, every text, every picture, every phone call you've ever made is stored in a data base. This isnt some paranoid rambling, this is real shit. Check your phone for carrier IQ or keytracer and take a look at the permission allowed, all of this is government sanctioned, I mean fugg It can even turn on your camera and watch everything you do remotely....land of the free right?"

Not for nothing but just about every service logs your actions. iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, none of them are immune to this sort of thing. It's disturbing but pales in comparison to what the NSA is doing. They are intercepting a large portion of all electronic communications of both foreign and domestic origin. In the next few years their new datacenter will come online with enough storage to track and save just about every electronic interaction in the U.S. It is likely even encryption won't stand in their way as it's rumored they have already broken AES 128 and 256 is in their sights. Their new datacenter will house a supercomputer much faster than anything we can imagine today, specifically built for code breaking.

Not entirely accurate. CarrierIQ was installed by some phone manufacturers, not by Google. It was also present on Iphones as well as some android phones.

I know that my HTC Incredible 2 does not have CarrierIQ installed.

It has also since been shown that the person who discovered CarrerIQ misinterpreted the debugger and that the program does not log text messages, pictures, or phone calls. However, it is certain that your carrier logs what numbers you call and who you text, and depending on the carrier, the content of text and MMS messages may be logged for a period of time. The content of voice calls is never logged.

Not entirely accurate. CarrierIQ was installed by some phone manufacturers, not by Google. It was also present on Iphones as well as some android phones.

I know that my HTC Incredible 2 does not have CarrierIQ installed.

It has also since been shown that the person who discovered CarrerIQ misinterpreted the debugger and that the program does not log text messages, pictures, or phone calls. However, it is certain that your carrier logs what numbers you call and who you text, and depending on the carrier, the content of text and MMS messages may be logged for a period of time. The content of voice calls is never logged.

And the key tracer program is a major part of the phones operations. If they really wanted to spy on you, they wouldn't put the program right there on the application screen. It would be hidden through five different layers of BS.

It's not the search engine, it's AdWords

Bob -- This is what I was telling you about when they delisted my adwords account, even though I was paying them $200+K annually, because they though we were selling Rugers and their adwords algorhthms picked up on the company name and stopped our advertisements.

I heard a rumor that they might be doing some stuff on youtube as well, like removing adsense revenue from gun channels and marking all videos with firearms as 18 and up. Just a rumor as of right now, I haven't seen any credible reports about it yet.

Not just AdWords. They block it from all their shopping results (web search results seem okay).

Here's the Google Shopping results for .223 ammo:

http://www.google.com/#q=.223+ammo&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=Ms_6T_P3JKjF6wGc0JW5Bg&sqi=2&ved=0CEkQ_AUoBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=ecd0620c0a53f36f&biw=1320&bih=993