this_is_nascar

Video: Horrific Traffic Accident in Russia

Fast forward to the 55-second mark to start. I wish I had a translator to understand what those guys were saying. I bet that highway was closed for quite some time.

http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnotebook/2012/06/horrific-traffic-accident-in-russia.html

Pretty crazy accident, what's with all the explosions? Did anyone else notice that every vehicle the 'runaway truck' hit seemed to explode on impact? Unless it was just the distance from which the video was shot or something.

I have issues with this vid, the vehicle with the camera slowed way down before the accident as if it were waiting for it to happen..

Bingo. Somethings not right

Here is a spectacular pepsi truck accident that happened in texas. Watch the Porche Cayenne in the oncoming traffic.

I have issues with this vid, the vehicle with the camera slowed way down before the accident as if it were waiting for it to happen..

Dude, it was a truck. Trucks have CB radios. Who do you think is talking in the video? The driver had advance warning of the impending disaster, the driver of the runaway truck was screaming over the CB. Brake failure. Could not stop.

I believe it to be real.

Looked like the cars were stopped, perhaps an accident had happened and the truck couldn't stop?

The flashing of flames and the way they spread and the color of the flames seem like something other than conventional fuel..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The flashing of flames and the way they spread and the color of the flames seem like something other than conventional fuel..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could just be the camera. Digital sensors have IR filters, but they only do so much. REALLY hot things will come out purplish like trying to take pictures of glowing coals at night. It would still need to be a pretty hot flame.

Only thing I could think would cause that much fire in that crash is if the stopped traffic was for an in progress car fire and the crash added fuel.

Could just be the camera. Digital sensors have IR filters, but they only do so much. REALLY hot things will come out purplish like trying to take pictures of glowing coals at night. It would still need to be a pretty hot flame.

Only thing I could think would cause that much fire in that crash is if the stopped traffic was for an in progress car fire and the crash added fuel.

Diesel once ignited tends to burn hot and fast. But you need something really hot to start that fire. So your explanation of the color filtering makes sense.

How I see it going down is like this:

Driver has emergency, tries to brake.

Brakes fail, declares emergency

Breaks become super heated from trying to stop a truck that weighs between 2.5-3 tons

Loses control of vehicle, flips truck over

Fuel tank ruptures, diesel leaks out

Super heated brakes ignites fuel

Que disaster on the roadway

You know how hard it is to ignite diesel?

F.n HARD!

I tried to light some old heating oil (a few drops worth) with a cutting torch once. Stuff smoldered and made smoke, no flames. Might've been watered down, was in a really old empty fuel tank.

Bingo. Somethings not right

Here is a spectacular pepsi truck accident that happened in texas. Watch the Porche Cayenne in the oncoming traffic.

That little silver car ran that pepsi truck off the road, wonder what happened with that person???