Sign in to follow this  
TheDon

Hollywood Gun Fails

I was watching Escape from New York over the weekend and at the end when Adrienne Barbeau raises the pistol...she shoots at the car coming down the bridge and you can barely see it. Ok, fair enough...but then she proceeds to shoot 7 more times with her scoped revolver.

Pretty much every movie and TV show (except Walking Dead) is going to sport:

1. Gratuitous cocking, to show the shooter means business.

2. Sound effect clicky noises every time someone raises a pistol and points it.

Reminds me of the full auto weapon that is out of ammo, but still makes a bunch of clicking sounds...as if there is some sort of auto cocking of the hammer, that doesnt use the gas system.

I was watching Escape from New York over the weekend and at the end when Adrienne Barbeau raises the pistol...she shoots at the car coming down the bridge and you can barely see it. Ok, fair enough...but then she proceeds to shoot 7 more times with her scoped revolver.

Obviously it was an eight-round S&W model 627

My favorite is escape from new York when they mounted a rifle scope on the suppressor of snake's gun.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Sight covers are still over the lenses.

which is only a problem with the optic being backwards.... some red dots have clear rear covers.... the idea is that with both eyes open the red dot is transposed onto the target even with the front black cover being down....

my aimpoint pro is like that..