diamondd817

PANYNJ - Unbelievable

So a port authority utlity truck backs into my car while it is parked. There is damage to the front end to the tune of $1800. Now I have to pay for a copy of the accident report, I have to pay for registered mail, I have to pay for a notary, and I have to submit my insurance declaration page to them. And I have to wait for them at their convenience. Really? Are you kidding me?

Rant over.

So a port authority utlity truck backs into my car while it is parked. There is damage to the front end to the tune of $1800. Now I have to pay for a copy of the accident report, I have to pay for registered mail, I have to pay for a notary, and I have to submit my insurance declaration page to them. And I have to wait for them at their convenience. Really? Are you kidding me?

Rant over.

Sorry for your trouble, but now you know how it is to deal with an autonomous agency that has more power, influence and impact regarding NJ/NY citizens than any government agency.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comprehensive wouldn't respond in this claim.

He'd need collision.

His carrier would pay the repair, less his deductible, and then undertake subrogation for the money they paid plus his deductible.

I carry full coverage on all my vehicles. I just don't want to get them involved. Even though it was no fault of mine, it still goes on your insurance record, no matter what they say.

local game warden crashed into my friends truck smashed drivers side rear panel in, warden told him to bad sue the dep.. they do not carry insurance and you have to sue them if their in an accident..never did collect on that accident..

There isnt a PD out there that doesnt charge for copies of the reports.

Not true, I just had to pick up an older police report from a parking lot fender bender my wife had two years ago. Toms River did not charge me for the report which was a little shocking; I was all set to pay for it.

Long boring back story ==> Two years ago my wife was getting ready to back out of a parking spot in Ocean County mall, she had just put her car in reverse, still had her foot on the brake and as she went to look behind her she heard the beeping from the Rear Parking Assist system. There was a woman in a car across from her that backed out of her spot and into my wife who was still sitting in her parking space. Her rear bumper was only scuffed but the other car's taillight was busted and trunk lid pushed in. The cops came and took a report but since the damage was next to nothing we never pursued it. Fast forward to this year and while looking for new car insurance the agent tells me that my wife had an accident charged against her two years ago. I went to get a copy of the report from the local PD and sure enough the report showed both parties as having backed out simultaneously which did not happen.

My wife did the old backing out of parking space into another backing out of a space, stinks all the way around, lots of people do it, classic bumper damage, I try and teach pull through space so you dont have to back up but that involves parking further away and that suggestion is laughed at.

My wife seems to believe that when you encounter a car with its back up lights on, that the correct response is to blow your horn and then proceed. Scary. Re-education not possible as you guys all know.

The funniest thing I ever saw was an old lady turn a corner too tight at shop rite and ending up nose to nose with a car (also driven by a woman) coming out of the parking lane, the two of them were just honking at each other, neither one would give (and I think the car in the parking lane had a guy reversing behind her, crossing the T so to speak). Would have been a great youtube video.

Could be worse; you could be in mainland China. A friend of mine, an Italian-American, who owns Danny's Bagels & Pizza in Guangzhou beeped at a car blocking him in. Unfortunately for him, the guy had a WHITE license plate, marking him as military or a military brat. The guy got out and kicked the crap out of him. No recourse.

NEVER get into an altercation with a car with a white license plate in China. They will fugg you up, American citizen or no. Same goes for a car with a flashy blue light in Russia (or Ukraine.) Bad juju.

Of course, if things continue on their current track, PANYNJ will become a new unassailable organ of State.

Bumper cars vs the masses!

Could be worse; you could be in mainland China. A friend of mine, an Italian-American, who owns Danny's Bagels & Pizza in Guangzhou beeped at a car blocking him in. Unfortunately for him, the guy had a WHITE license plate, marking him as military or a military brat. The guy got out and kicked the crap out of him. No recourse.

NEVER get into an altercation with a car with a white license plate in China. They will fugg you up, American citizen or no. Same goes for a car with a flashy blue light in Russia (or Ukraine.) Bad juju.

Of course, if things continue on their current track, PANYNJ will become a new unassailable organ of State.

Bumper cars vs the masses!

Lol I will be in Guangzhou at end of the month. .. Blows my mind how people drive there.