Wojo

300 Blackout - Thoughts / Experience / Reflections?

Time will tell if they will survive or not ( I believe the 458 and 300BLK will).

All I know with plenty of 308 boolits and 223/556 brass I can continue to to make rounds for this caliber.

And, If I decide to drop it, with one barrel change I will be back at 5.56

Time will tell if they will survive or not ( I believe the 458 and 300BLK will).

All I know with plenty of 308 boolits and 223/556 brass I can continue to to make rounds for this caliber.

And, If I decide to drop it, with one barrel change I will be back at 5.56

What do you think the 458 will beat out. 450 bushmaster or 50 beowulf

Really, as long I still am buying and reloading 223 / 308 / 30-06 and using pistol components, 300blk will be current. Like others have pointed out, I am just a barrel swap away from going back. The only 'lose' would be a set of reloading dies and a case gauge. Compare that to special magazines, mag wells, BCG, ...

The 458 Socom is already deployed by the military for use in urban combat with good results.I believe it is here to stay.

If the 300BLK can produce similar advantages in urban areas, it too will be here to stay.

We already know the grunts on the ground are looking for more knockdown power than the 556 provides in CQB. So just as the 45 is seeing a rebirth the "30 caliber carbine" style round will too!

I believe the US military would like to extend the service life of the M16 with these types of improvements.

I don't believe with the current administration they could introduce a brand new combat rifle platform even if they wanted to. The expense would put far to much pressure on the military budget we all now see is shrinking.

With the new attitude for combat deployment in urban areas (get the bad guy, leave the civilian alone), surgical strikes, etc., the 300BLK definitely has a place in the new combat theatre..

300 AAC/BLK is extremely popular, my bet is it stays and drops in price and increases in availability. But I'm not running out buying it. I don't have a .30 cal FA-rated rifle silencer and I don't have a need for a .30-.30 AR with somewhat better BC.

It just really seems to me that if you want to get away from 5.56 you should just dump the AR. Buy something that was made to shoot what you want to shoot. The 9mms are like Yo-Yos, and the large bores defeat the purpose of a light/low recoil rifle or carbine with lotsa ammo.

Unless it's for civilian FA reasons, like a RR or RDIAS. In which case you'd be happy to hook it up to 25mm caseless if ATF would allow it :)

Really, as long I still am buying and reloading 223 / 308 / 30-06 and using pistol components, 300blk will be current. Like others have pointed out, I am just a barrel swap away from going back. The only 'lose' would be a set of reloading dies and a case gauge. Compare that to special magazines, mag wells, BCG, ...

$33 for a set of Dies from Midway..not a heavy lift

I'll take that bet.

By next year we won't be talking about this caliber. We'll be talking about the 30-13 AR caliber that allows you to do whatever you do to an AR to make it even more awesome and more accurate at shooting bad guys when your kicking down doors in -insert any city-. Yeah, hello.

Im not one for boutique calibers. Been down that road. BUT the 300blk is the first one Ive seen to get it right by making sure reasonably priced ammo is available.The other thing they got right was the minimum change and investment to get into it. As a result it got a lot of traction. The other thing to understand is that it is damn near a perfect entry weapon for mil and LE. HK parts are near impossible to find for subguns which makes them crazy expensive to maintain. This is why you are seeing departments shed them left and right. A suppressed 300blk in the same size footprint as an MP5 and pennies on the dollar to maintain..... its a win. And it is why that tool is being aquired for that type of mission.

Sooooo, like I said, Ill take that bet :)

By next year we won't be talking about this caliber. We'll be talking about the 30-13 AR caliber that allows you to do whatever you do to an AR to make it even more awesome and more accurate at shooting bad guys when your kicking down doors in -insert any city-. Yeah, hello.

since it's already been around for about 4-5 years..I think you should just accept that it isnt going anywhere of course, there's a REALLY novel thought..since you dont like it, YOU Dont have to buy one. I;ve never understood the need of folks to Sh%t on someone else's gear choices. .300AAC serves a purpose, and it serves that purpose very well. Unfortunately we here in NJ cant really use the round to it's full potential because of In-State NFA restrictions..but that doesnt mean the caliber itself is bad, just this State. I'm hoping to head down to Ga next year with my .300 and see how it does against some Hogs.

Damn, that was nice. Watched a few times...didn't notice any muzzle rise. I'm guessing sub rounds...no crack what so ever.

it's a decent cartridge, and a good combination of features to give an AR platform a little more "Punch" close in..there was a lot of work that went into the small diferences between it and Whisper, and now that they finally got it SAAMI approved, it should get even more popular. Midway has factory Ammo on sale every few months for <$15/box (Remington usually in the $13 range) and they sell out as soon as it comes in. Price ranges from that $13 up to just under $40 depending on bullet type and manufacturer.

Checking ammoseek it seems 6.5 Grendel is cheaper

And more ammo providers coming that will reduce cost. For reloaders the projectiles aren't bad but brass is still a tad expensive. I have 500 pieces of Lapua that I got for a steal.

I consider 300, 6.8 and 6.5 and went 6.5, but I have a spare lower and saw how cheap the DSA upper was....you never know.

The video shane45 attached is compelling. I have a credit with cmmg, traded a gun for a $500 credit, and they have a nice upper with BCG and charging handle for a nice price. I may be able to do this for 1-200 bucks.

I watched a loading video on how you can trim .223 but it looked like a pain in the butt. What's 300 brass going for?

Brass sizing - I watched some of the videos and am considering one of those 2 to 4 inch chop / trim saws for under $50. Or might look into a small radial type saw to run it lengthwise across a few cases at once. Making the jig will be a solid time investment. I got butt loads of 223 brass and being able to use them is a huge driver for me. I'm guessing 2 to 3k cases I have that I can trim. Being able to do 5 or more at a time will certainly we a better use of time.

Plus, having a small 4" radial arm saw would be nice to have for smaller projects.

You shouldnt tempt me like that man!

Hmmmm rifle for me or gifts for the family? Rifle for me or gifts for the family? Rifle for me or gifts for the family? Rifle for me or gifts for the family?

Lol we all know what the right decision is....

A new rifle for you is like giving the gift of protection to the whole family!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The video shane45 attached is compelling. I have a credit with cmmg, traded a gun for a $500 credit, and they have a nice upper with BCG and charging handle for a nice price. I may be able to do this for 1-200 bucks.

I watched a loading video on how you can trim .223 but it looked like a pain in the butt. What's 300 brass going for?

Bradswarehouse.com $114/500