Caine

School shooting in CT

Well. There is another barrier that is going to slow down CCW laws

Most likely, even tho they have nothing to do with what happened in CT. Since it was handguns, anything handgun-related is a target.

Anybody besides me think it's strange the Oregon mall shooting an this CT school shooting happened awfully close together? No tin foil hats, I just can't recall 2 incidents happening this close together before (Im sure if it has happened, someone will chime in to correct me).

Most likely, even tho they have nothing to do with what happened in CT. Since it was handguns, anything handgun-related is a target.

Anybody besides me think it's strange the Oregon mall shooting an this CT school shooting happened awfully close together? No tin foil hats, I just can't recall 2 incidents happening this close together before (Im sure if it has happened, someone will chime in to correct me).

I swear, and I don't care what anyone thinks, but this is the result of top down, bottom up BS to ban firearms. The people will PLEAD for something to be done and our wonderful politicians will have to meet the demands of their constituents. These groups are anti freedom, anti-life and put their agenda in front of anything. Pure evil and yes, it does exist.

On a side note, prayers and support for these stricken families are our main priority. God bless and direct them all giving them peace.

This>>>>>>>> It appears there is unfortunately no shortage of deranged people in the world who are sick enough to go after children. Even today in China a man slashed 22 children with a knife. http://www.rediff.co...rt/20121214.htm

I hear ya, but I'd be careful using that incident as an example. Those kids lived.

Thanks. Interestingly enough, UK firearms related incidents have doubled since the ban.... yet you don't hear about that.

You never heard of the massacre that caused the ban, but you know that UK firearms incidents have doubled? Stats, please.

Violent crime rates(firearm or otherwise) have certainly risen in the UK, but spree shootings haven't.

Well Gentlemen, at the risk of appearing indelicate.....We are now really and truly Fuc#ed, this incident, I fear will most likely be the turning point in our battle for more gun rights and more sad fodder for the anti gunners.

I lament the death of so many innocent people and any further gains so hard won.

Prayers to those affected, really, really tragic.

Unfortunately, like others have said, this is going to have a negative repercussion applied in the wrong way. I do think that there is an issue of increased violence in these contemporary times, but is a result of other things and, of course, not due to the result of an inanimate object. I'm not going to flesh it out because it'd take forever, but anybody who's read Lt. Col Grossman's "On Killing" would be familiar with where I'm going with my comments.

I am hearing this on the news and ask myself. What the Hell is wrong with people nowadays???? Seriously, What the fugg???? Columbine, it was the kids who shot up the others. Here you have a man, shooting Kids... I only hope, that this assholes guns are not legal, otherwise, it will be bad for all of us...

Do we find ourselves, that we need to start arming our teachers and giving them proper firearms training now??? Very Sad Day....

No tin foil hat here either, but I thought the same thing. All these mass shootings seem to have a similar "signature". More so than just mental illness.

BING BING BING BING........WINNER......... it is the destruction over the years of family values....instant gratification society...no parenting at home because both work...AND I think the media in general....

I'll add to that list the entitlement generation.

Very sad to see something like this happen to all of the innocent victims/children. WTF is wrong with people for gods sake? They should torture these cowardly MF'ers, if they aren't dead first. I do blame the media as being partly culpable do to their sensationalizing these incidents. Any maladjusted f*ck will see it as an opportunity to get his/her name "in lights" for their last hurrah.

On another note, I have to agree, the anti's will be out in force and I for one will be surprised if some type of legislation is not pushed through because of the closeness of these incidents. As you can see, gun free zones mean nothing so the only way to truly stop this type of incident is to ban all guns <sarcasm off>.

On top of it all, It figures the shooter(s) has ties to NJ, like we need any more negative publicity here when it comes to gun control.

Official news brief on right now

Confirmed that shooter is deceased in building. No confirmation on number/age of dead other than saying there are multiple fatalities between staff and students. No mention of second shooter, but did mention something about active search warrants being executed (possibly in NJ)

Well Gentlemen, at the risk of appearing indelicate.....We are now really and truly Fuc#ed, this incident, I fear will most likely be the turning point in our battle for more gun rights and more sad fodder for the anti gunners.

I lament the death of so many innocent people and any further gains so hard won.

Why will this one be different than the last umpteen school shootings?

Why will this one be different than the last umpteen school shootings?

Because you have an administration who would love to pass more gun control... they just needed a justification for doing so. Here's their justification. SO now, it's not like they'd be "going after guns", it's like they are "saving children"... see how politics works?

You never heard of the massacre that caused the ban, but you know that UK firearms incidents have doubled? Stats, please.

Violent crime rates(firearm or otherwise) have certainly risen in the UK, but spree shootings haven't.

http://www.ssaa.org.au/research/2008/2008-06_evaluating-britains-handgun-ban.html