Sign in to follow this  
jerseygti337

Talk me into an AR

I've never really been into the whole black tactical rifle thing, mainly just hunting guns handguns and archery but this whole CT thing has me thinking now is the time. My only problem is the only reason for thinking about one is if one day soon you can't them anymore. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buy now if you can because after the Sandy hook incident, all reasonable discussions are out the door. People will be making rash decisions and judgement based on emotions. "gun control" posts on Facebook and twitter was out of control immediately after the incident.

Ive been thinking the same exact thing. I know nothing about AR's or variants, but am familiar with the Mini-14.

Not looking to build, looking to buy something...can someone point me to a specific brand and model? The whole "substantially similar" thing is difficult for me. Like, I see specific Mini-14's on the list that are banned by name, but have been told Mini's are legal. I understand the "evil feature" part, just not the names,

I suppose I'm looking for something Bushmaster or Colt, but have also looked at the Remmy R-15's.

I work by Bullseye Tactical....should I just stop in there?

Also, does a thumbhole stock get you out of the pistol grip, like the stocks that come on the Mini-14 target rifles?

What the hell is BRD?

*Ahem* Black Rifle Disease.

I think I was inoculated at an early age. I prefer the Mini-14 wood style to an AR, but it's just my personal preference.

SOB,

*Ahem* Black Rifle Disease.

I think I was inoculated at an early age. I prefer the Mini-14 wood style to an AR, but it's just my personal preference.

OH, i see. I would love to have a wood version in my collection

My only problem is the only reason for thinking about one is if one day soon you can't them anymore. What do you guys think?

IMHO, if a ban were to happen (which is unlikely), and if it's just like the original AWB, it would make the rest of the country pretty much like NJ. If a new AWB looks just like the old AWB, anything you buy in NJ would still be perfectly legal, 15 round magazines excepted.

Ive been thinking the same exact thing. I know nothing about AR's or variants, but am familiar with the Mini-14.

Not looking to build, looking to buy something...can someone point me to a specific brand and model? The whole "substantially similar" thing is difficult for me. Like, I see specific Mini-14's on the list that are banned by name, but have been told Mini's are legal. I understand the "evil feature" part, just not the names,

I suppose I'm looking for something Bushmaster or Colt, but have also looked at the Remmy R-15's.

I work by Bullseye Tactical....should I just stop in there?

Also, does a thumbhole stock get you out of the pistol grip, like the stocks that come on the Mini-14 target rifles?

if you're trying to decide between bushmaster colt and Remington go with colt all day.

definitely check out bullseye tactical if you're in the area.

I think they're projects. If you decide to build your own, it's stupid proof. Much like "project" cars - ARs are the project rifles where the layman can put in some time, sweat and come out with a quality, customized firearm that is perfect for them.

Some will say 1911s are the same way... and maybe they are. However, if you look at the reviews and complaints, 1911s are finicky was all getout whereas ARs tend to just run.