RS1200XL

Dick's Sporting Goods BOYCOTT

Vlad, Im not questioning you, Im disagreeing with your postition. I think your missing some of the bigger picture. If an organization caves so easily to take the easy road, how many might follow if they are not made aware there is a large silent majority out there that dissapproves of their actions.

On the NJ thing, would you prefer I turned tail and ran, or do you prefer that I am standing here and fighting as a founding board member of NJ2AS?

I would prefer you do whatever you feel is right..

gun laws are genuinely one of the many reasons I left... I could not continue to live under a government that strongly opposed something so much that I care about..

my mindset is the same with Dicks..

they have decided that the profitability of carrying a certain type of gun.. is not worth the association with issues such as those that transpired the other day in CT.. That may be a decision that the company itself may not even like... the decision may have been one solely made on numbers and speculation..

and to tell you the truth I can't blame them..

now we have a "reason" to hate Dicks... but prior to this even all you heard was "Dicks is really inconvenient to buy guns from" "I don't buy guns from Dicks" "I prefer local gun shops".. it is not like there was some huge support of them... in fact the opposite.. MOST people on this site already complained about them.. most of us stated we would NEVER buy guns there... so with that in mind what do they really owe us?

you don't have to justify to me.. but at the end of the day (and I say this NOT in a confrontational way)... but at the end of the day you CHOOSE to live there.. nothing forces you there.. it may be difficult.. or hard.. or feel impossible to leave.. but it is not.. it is a choice you make for whatever reason...

but at any rate I was simply replying to your statement.. since I AM one of those individuals.. therefore it WAS directed at me..

but thats fine because at the end of the day this is America and you have every right to speak your mind.. if you feel that buying ammo at Dicks is terrible.. you have every right not to..

Your first statement just reeks of ignorance, "nothing forces you there", caring for a sick family member is exactly what forces me here.

Yes, this is America. I can speak my mind; you can spend your money anyway you want. I am not saying you can't.

I'm saying based off of dicks needless knee jerk reaction, and gun owners calling to boycott dicks, IMO it was in poor taste to spend money there.

Well...I think that Dicks is a scumbag company and I have VERY serious doubts about their true motivations for stopping the sale of said rifles. Lets just say that they already had MAJOR issues and were in violations with agreements with the provider of said rifles. How convenient they cancelled the order first chance they got.

Because of family issues I cannot leave NJ yet, you made the choice to go to dicks. There is the difference right there, you willingly support an anti 2A store, I have no choice but to live in an anti 2A state. If you can't see the difference IDK what else to say.

face it. hes an arrogant, narcissist ass and all he wants to do is wave his PA license at everyone across the river. 99% of his posts drip with arrogance and a holier then thou attitude because 'i up and left NJ for PA so im therefore more pro2A and better then you.' funny, his mouth is shut on the penn. gun forum about such topics

face it. hes an arrogant, narcissist ass and all he wants to do is wave his PA license at everyone across the river. 99% of his posts drip with arrogance and a holier then thou attitude because 'i up and left NJ for PA so im therefore more pro2A and better then you.' funny, his mouth is shut on the penn. gun forum about such topics

not a regular member of that forum...

and I have no interest in "waiving my PA license around" I am simply saying that life is full of choices.... be it a simple choice like which store to patronize.. or a more complex choice like where to live...

at the end of the day they are ALL choices..

So you are going to insult a member here for exercising an individual right. You want 2nd amendment rights then you must believe in the first amendment.

We're getting awfully convoluted in our discourse here, evoking Constitutional rights and castigating each other for real and perceived violations of same. Here's my take on it in a nutshell: Dick's corporate offices made a knee-jerk (or not, depending on what you want to believe about their business practices; see #63 for details) decision after the Newtown murders. I, along with many other gun owners, think that was an absolutely gutless move. I think it also sends a message to the public at large that someone other than Adam Lanza was responsible for the tragedy, which I don't believe anyone on this board agrees with.

A righteous groundswell of anger regarding Dick's betrayal of a sizable portion of their customer base resulted in a Facebook page dedicated to a boycott of Dick's. In addition, many here stated they would no longer patronize them because of the reprehensible action they took to somehow point a finger of blame at law-abiding shooting enthusiasts and gun owners, rather than stand with us shoulder-to-shoulder. Along comes vlad, who brags about scoring a deal at his local Dick's. Personally, I think it's a stupid, short-sighted decision to contribute to their bottom line, saving a few bucks, while they actively work against the rights we currently have re: firearms ownership. I won't ever buy a thing there, and will instead support those businesses that defend our 2A rights.

How it evolved into what it did is one reason I take an Excedrin before I log onto NJGF. The amount of inane blather--which I'm guilty of contributing to at times--over this issue is unnecessary. Oh, here's that "nutshell" I promised above: If you want to shop at Dick's, or CTD, or any other vendor who betrayed us on this occasion, I think you're a fool. That's my opinion, and mine alone. The good thing is, most of us on here couldn't care any less what others think of us, so no harm, no foul. Let's stop with the evoking of the "Constitutional rights" thing, already.

We're getting awfully convoluted in our discourse here, evoking Constitutional rights and castigating each other for real and perceived violations of same. Here's my take on it in a nutshell: Dick's corporate offices made a knee-jerk (or not, depending on what you want to believe about their business practices; see #63 for details) decision after the Newtown murders. I, along with many other gun owners, think that was an absolutely gutless move. I think it also sends a message to the public at large that someone other than Adam Lanza was responsible for the tragedy, which I don't believe anyone on this board agrees with.

A righteous groundswell of anger regarding Dick's betrayal of a sizable portion of their customer base resulted in a Facebook page dedicated to a boycott of Dick's. In addition, many here stated they would no longer patronize them because of the reprehensible action they took to somehow point a finger of blame at law-abiding shooting enthusiasts and gun owners, rather than stand with us shoulder-to-shoulder. Along comes vlad, who brags about scoring a deal at his local Dick's. Personally, I think it's a stupid, short-sighted decision to contribute to their bottom line, saving a few bucks, while they actively work against the rights we currently have re: firearms ownership. I won't ever buy a thing there, and will instead support those businesses that defend our 2A rights.

How it evolved into what it did is one reason I take an Excedrin before I log onto NJGF. The amount of inane blather--which I'm guilty of contributing to at times--over this issue is unnecessary. Oh, here's that "nutshell" I promised above: If you want to shop at Dick's, or CTD, or any other vendor who betrayed us on this occasion, I think you're a fool. That's my opinion, and mine alone. The good thing is, most of us on here couldn't care any less what others think of us, so no harm, no foul. Let's stop with the evoking of the "Constitutional rights" thing, already.

the problem is..

a retailer that chooses to sell or not sell something, is not the same as "actively working against your rights"

the world is not always about you (the individual)... sometimes it is about a lot more than that..

at the end of the day their job is to stay in business.. to pay bills.. and sell sporting equipment..

I just feel that you are taking the decision to not sell semi automatic guns extremely personally... prior to this they did not carry many types of guns... the point being the average gun enthusiast could look at them as a retailer and say "they dont carry AK variants... they must think there is something wrong with them... they do not fully support the second amendment.."

I have no problem with people doing what they want.. but I have a hard time following reactions that are made with anything but logic...

they have an emotional reaction to pull specific types of guns... (not even necisarily permanently)

gun owners then have an emotional reaction to boycott the entire stores...

if it makes you feel good then go for it.. but thats the part I don't get..

It was simply a business decision. There would be more negative than positive press had they continued to sell them. It's a small fraction of their business and they didn't want to to impact other sales. It's their company and they have a right to stop selling them if they want and you have a right not to shop there. It's really silly bringing attention where it won't help. Your boycott is not impacting them in any reasonable way and the only people getting hurt are the ones that are paying twice the price from ammogougers!

Shouldn't you be checking parking meters or something?

This gets "douchebag of the year" award.

BLF is a respected member here, and one of the few pro 2a police officers willing to participate on a forum meant for such a thing. Have your disagreements, but don't be a c0ckface.

I can't believe the stupidity I'm reading right now. Anyway, in an attempt to get this thread back on subject, I have a decision to make about what to do with a $40 gift card I got for Dicks. Suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I can't believe the stupidity I'm reading right now. Anyway, in an attempt to get this thread back on subject, I have a decision to make about what to do with a $40 gift card I got for Dicks. Suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree about how this thread has turned-out. Someone already purchased and paid for that gift card, so feel free to use it without any guilt.