JustJoe

"Cz 75B's are hard to find"

Check with Damascus.com in Virginia or Kentuckyguns.com online. I am pretty sure I saw two CZ 75 B 9mm Omega on Damascus yesterday. I bought my CZ75B in Nickel from him and was very pleased. He swapped out the 16 round magazines with 2 ten round mags and even sent me an extra one because he only had one on hand at time of sale. Nice guys!

Good Luck

I dont know what specifics were going on, but that's f'ed up if the guy put money down on it. Just because the guys permits aren't ready doesn't mean you sell his order out from under him.

I agree Jack...part of why I relayed that story was as a word of caution about putting in an order at Jim's. I've read similar things on other forums...though I'm sure plenty of people have had perfectly fine ordering experiences there. And I've been more than satisfied with my two trips to Jim's...I just make sure whatever I want is actually in stock.

It's funny, when I bought mine a little over a year ago I asked around local shops and was told they just don't move. These places stopped ordering cz's because they would sit on the shelf for months without getting a second glance.

That has got to be at least the 6'th or 7'th time I've actually read that particular comment where shops won't carry CZ's because they don't sell.Where are these shops and who are their customers?

I bounce between several firearm forums and when the topic of CZ's come up in posts the predominant themes are usually how good they are,how well they shoot,their excellent price point and overwhelmingly......how come I can't find one!

I remain confused.....................................

I agree Jack...part of why I relayed that story was as a word of caution about putting in an order at Jim's. I've read similar things on other forums...though I'm sure plenty of people have had perfectly fine ordering experiences there. And I've been more than satisfied with my two trips to Jim's...I just make sure whatever I want is actually in stock.

Thing to remember is that Jim usually just takes your order over the phone and doesn't take a $ deposit so technically he wasn't selling "someone else's gun". After you order, he calls you if/when it comes in. He does slap your name on the box if you call about a specific gun he needs to order, but you best check in with him every couple of weeks so you can claim your prize when he does finally get it in stock ;) Jim is a fantastic guy to deal with btw!

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead but I got an update.

I found an used one in great condition a week or so ago. It came with two original 15 round mags and the seller also had another two extra fifteen rounders that he sold me as well.

Ran three boxes down the pipe today without a glitch. Very smooth trigger and well balanced pistol. I just wish the mag release could be reversed. As a lefty it would be easier to operate.

Once again, thanks for all the help and for suggesting the CZ in first on another thread.

Yes indeed they have a 75B-D in stock. Nice pistol, fits me right. Saw it this morning.

It went like this:

Me: Nice I'll take it. Need it shipped to NJ. Either to one of your locations if it's free or if there's a charge, shipped to my local FFL since it's only a few miles away from me.

Can the mags be sawped to 10 rds since 16 is not NJ leagal?

HG-Nope, can't do yhat.

Me: Can you pin the mags to 10rds?

HG:Sorry can't do that.

Me: Can you ship without the mags?

HG-No, can't do that either.

Me:Can you ship as is and let the receiving FFL dispose of them?

HG: No, can only ship to NJ if it is NJ compliant as it came from the manufacturer.

Me: Do you know of any legal way you can sell me this pistol?

HG:No I don't. Sorry.

Me: Thank you very much for your time.

Short and painless. I don't know if he was right or not. I certainly can't quote psalm and verse the NJ gun laws, so there was no point of forcing the issue and just left.

I can't stand Heritage Guild employees. Ahhhhhh.

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead but I got an update.

I found an used one in great condition a week or so ago. It came with two original 15 round mags and the seller also had another two extra fifteen rounders that he sold me as well.

Ran three boxes down the pipe today without a glitch. Very smooth trigger and well balanced pistol. I just wish the mag release could be reversed. As a lefty it would be easier to operate.

Once again, thanks for all the help and for suggesting the CZ in first on another thread.

Glad you were finally able to find one . Cheers.

I can't stand Heritage Guild employees. Ahhhhhh.

When I was in search of mine, budsgunshop only had the sixteen round mags and I was told they could not ship it to NJ even without the mags because the serial number has it listed as the sixteen round mags :unknw:

They are still impossible to find..............arggggggggggggggh!!!

Looking for a SP-01 and impossible to find right now at a reasonable price.  I'm not willing to pay hundreds of dollars over MSRP to get one on Gunbroker.  I WANT one but don't NEED one.  I need to just stop looking and frustrating myself!

I shot a friends SP-01 and OMG....so, so accurate.

Impact had some SP-01's yesterday and Damascus guns get regular shipments according to the CZ Forum.

Thanks.  I'm on the "Notify Me When Available" option on about 3 different websites ....I'v addded Damascus Guns to my favorites.

Right now I'm kind of in a holding period any way.  Wive's car needs to be taken a look at b/c it didn't pass inspection and I have a rental unit that will be vacant soon and need to find a new tenant.  Have to take care of those priorities first and then if I have some "extra" cash I'll be ready to purchase one.

Like I said, I need to stop looking .....at least for the next 2 weeks or so.

Have you guys ever considered the EAA Witness P in 9mm?

The EAA is made by Tanfoligio in Italy and is a VERY ncie CZ75 clone.

VG quality, accurate very reasonably priced in my opinion.

If anyone is considering a good alternative, I have them in stock, I have sold

about 100 and have never had one complaint (only raves).

These are Not the SAR that is made in Turkey - this is the Italian made gun

and they come with 15rd mag + I have 10rd spares in stock.

post-5124-0-14827300-1378146251_thumb.jpg

post-5124-0-46572000-1378146254_thumb.jpg

JT, I'm considering it and have been doing some reading on EEA.  Thus far I like most of what I've read.  I haven't held or shot a Witness (yet).  I have shot a friends SP-01 and it as pretty incredible.  What I may end up doing is getting both of them.  Wouldn't that be horrible :)

If anyone has a Witness and shots at Heritage or EFGA I would love to meet up and try one out.

They are still hard to find but if you are patient you can pick one up on GunBroker without having to take out a 2nd mortgage. After being (absurdly so in some cases) outbid on Gunbroker several times, I was the singular winning bid for a gently used CZ 75B. $500 plus CC fee, shipping & insurance and it should be here some time next week.

First time using Gunbroker and first time purchasing a used gun so wish me luck!

The seller is highly rated and has completed over 1,600 transactions so I'm not too concerned.

Here's a link b/c I know how much we all love pictures!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=363121768

Link will only be viewable for a few days until taken down.

Check out the P01. It turns up more often than the 75_B these days. It is essentially the CZ 75BD Compact that was redesigned to meet NATO sidearm specs. Basically the weak points in the 75B original design have been corrected, like the slide release bar. The gun now goes several thousand rounds before an expected failure (ie misfeed, bad eject, etc). Great no brainer, accurate pistol. I got mine a few months back for $525 from IRA at Legends.

Have you guys ever considered the EAA Witness P in 9mm?

The EAA is made by Tanfoligio in Italy and is a VERY ncie CZ75 clone.

VG quality, accurate very reasonably priced in my opinion.

If anyone is considering a good alternative, I have them in stock, I have sold

about 100 and have never had one complaint (only raves).

These are Not the SAR that is made in Turkey - this is the Italian made gun

and they come with 15rd mag + I have 10rd spares in stock.

JT

I was curious way you made the point "These are not the SAR that is made in Turkey". Is there a problem with the SARs? I was looking at their compact version as a plinker for my wife, but will steer away if they are poor quality or unreliable.

BTW -  I have the Witness P with the full sized .40 and compact .45 slides. Great gun. Very accurate and low recoil.

JT

I was curious way you made the point "These are not the SAR that is made in Turkey". Is there a problem with the SARs? I was looking at their compact version as a plinker for my wife, but will steer away if they are poor quality or unreliable.

BTW -  I have the Witness P with the full sized .40 and compact .45 slides. Great gun. Very accurate and low recoil.

I'm a CZ fan, but there is a big write up of the SAR imports in the September 2013 Rifleman magazine. It was the first time I'd heard of them. Anyone have experience?

I sell the EAA (Tanfoligio) Italian guns because I have always had 

great success with those models.

I realize there have been some pretty good guns come out of Turkey, but

in general I personally don't think the fit & finish is on par with the Italian guns.

That being said, If I had a choice between either version, i would go with the

Witness P over the SAR. I just sell wha tI know works, and since I have the Witness

I don't feel the need to chance selling the SAR version.

Just me!

I bought a CZ-75BD about ten years ago and it's still one of my favorites. I stick with CZ because that's the brand I started with and I have a ton of mags. Good to know about EAA/TF, thought - they have a few nice looking models.

And OP - as is said, there is a reason you don't see many used CZ-75s for sale.

On GunBroker, New in box CZ 75B with custom trigger job with a reasonable ""BUY IT NOW" price of $769.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=364438481

I believe retail is about $500-$550 for base CZ 75B and according ti seller trigger job valued at $230. So $769 not unreasonable. Will have to add shipping and FFL costs but if anybody really wants one here it is. There are actually 2 of these from same seller, same price.

I sell the EAA (Tanfoligio) Italian guns because I have always had 

great success with those models.

I realize there have been some pretty good guns come out of Turkey, but

in general I personally don't think the fit & finish is on par with the Italian guns.

That being said, If I had a choice between either version, i would go with the

Witness P over the SAR. I just sell wha tI know works, and since I have the Witness

I don't feel the need to chance selling the SAR version.

Just me!

EAA makes a really nice firearm