JustJoe

"Cz 75B's are hard to find"

Heard that multiple times at 3 different gun stores since Saturday. Found one in .40 cal. but I'm looking for a 9mm. What in in God's green eath is going on? Even a internet search does not yeld much. Any other places I should be looking at?

Any ideas why so scarce? Nobody seems to know.

They are not marketed well and I think that is on purpose. Their rarity is kind of cool, because once you put on in your hand, it feels unlike any other pistol.

Most of the time you will have to buy one off the net and send it to your FFL. There are some shops that carry one or two at a time, as most people who don't know about CZ's don't even look at them and move on to Glocks, Sig's, Beretta's etc. Shoreshot in Lakewood, the few times I was there like a year ago, had one every now and then. I was at Heritage Guild in Easton and they had like 4 or 5, but it's also a big store. Other than that, I can't point you in a good direction. Sorry!

I will say you will be very happy with your purchase if you end up getting one.

When he got his , nobody had them except Paul from Arms and Ammo . Did you check with him? ( PK90)

I did a price request here on the forum. Paul is included in the loop. Haven't heard from anybody yet. To be fair to them--and I want to be fair--I only put the request in on Saturday night, so they only had one working day to work on it. So I'm not complaining about that at all.

There are some shops that carry one or two at a time, as most people who don't know about CZ's don't even look at them and move on to Glocks, Sig's, Beretta's etc.

Well, that's pretty much what happened. I was looking at Sigs and Berretas until I asked about the CZ (based on recomendations from forum members), held it and was sold. Wrong caliber, though.

The very same question was asked on the CZ forums not 3 day ago. The general consensus is that the secret is now out and a new found curiosity and love for this iconic of so called "super 9's has exploded. Exploded to the point that the manufacturer cannot keep up with world wide demand.

I sit firmly in the CZ fan camp and am glad that I was able to get one at a very reasonable price before it exploded on the handgun must have scene. My advice is to put in an order with CZ customs in Arizona,keep checking Buds, and join the CZ forum where members have their ear to the ground and is first with shipment updates and promos. I have had a order in for a CZ 2075 Rami 9mm for months now and remain patient and optimistic.

Good luck.

I did a price request here on the forum. Paul is included in the loop. Haven't heard from anybody yet. To be fair to them--and I want to be fair--I only put the request in on Saturday night, so they only had one working day to work on it. So I'm not complaining about that at all.

Just and FYI, as per post #13 in this thread, http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43505-arms-n-ammo-hours-and-your-nics-checks/ , Paul's FIL passed away yesterday so he will be very limited on responding to anything for a while.

budsgunshop.com used to have a real nice selection on cz's, thats where i got mine. right now there are basically wiped out which is surprising. i would try gunbroker if you are having no luck locally. i would hold out and search for a nice used cz champion :D 40 cal tho

I know Hackettstown Guns and Ammo always stocks them.

Walt hasn't had them in a while. He's supposed to be going to a gun trade show and plans on putting a decent order.

Had none on Saturday and pretty much told me to find on the net on my own. He would do the transfer.

Did you go there Saturday around 1 or 2 in the afternoon? I was there and saw a guy come in asking about a 75..

I was in Heritage Guild in Branchburg last week and they had a full size CZ 75B in 9mm and a CZ 75B Compact in 9mm. Also had a CZ 83 in .380 ACP.

As far as the current supply issues, the number 1 reason for their lack of stock is that it's end of year and the Holidays. These guns all come from the Czech Republic and Dec / Holidays is a dead time for production in Europe so I doubt that CZ-USA is getting anything imported in at this time. Like folks said, best you get one on order somewhere and have it shipped to your FFL of choice. I'll second what Duppie said, check in at czcustom.com or even place an order with them. That way you can get in line once the 2013 shipments start to come over. While you're buying from CZ Custom, have them do the $170 competition hammer and trigger job, it becomes an amazing pistol with that action work ;)

Not sure if it's the same. Mags would have to be pinned.

http://www.slickguns...-two-mags-46728

It is, just the Decocker version instead of a safety. The decocker is easily swapped for the safety if desired and the parts are very reasonably priced at CZ Customs,over sized safety's are also available.

It is, just the Decocker version instead of a safety. The decocker is easily swapped for the safety if desired and the parts are very reasonably priced at CZ Customs,over sized safety's are also available.

CZ 75BD decockers cannot be swapped out for a safety like on a standard CZ 75B. The frames has different cut outs. The newer CZ Omega trigger group does allow for swapping between decocker / safety, but the only model which currently officially supports it is the CZ P-07.

I still cannot find a CZ 75B Limited... been searching for two years.

Had a gun store / range guy in Florida absolutely drooling over mine. Not for sale I told him. You'd think his dog died, poor guy. But in all seriousness, I got mine special order through Bullethole a few years ago. Manny found it for me somewhere. The only regret is that I could not get NJ compliant mags with the matching steel/chrome finish. So it came with black 10 rounders. Naturally I added a load of 15-round factory mags from CDNN I think.

Problem is these were a limited run of production, and I guess no one wants to sell them. I did have to put an extra power extractor spring in it at first, now it just runs with anything brass so far.

Good luck in your search, you never know.

CZ 75BD decockers cannot be swapped out for a safety like on a standard CZ 75B. The frames has different cut outs. The newer CZ Omega trigger group does allow for swapping between decocker / safety, but the only model which currently officially supports it is the CZ P-07.

Thanks. I thought they were interchangeable.

As of this afternoon CZ customs still had the 75b single action with the adjustable blade trigger in stock for $514.00.

Too late to call now but if you're interested I would send them an email they can retrieve in the morning.

Here's how I came to own a nickel-finish CZ 75B...was earlier this year, ready to make my first purchase, and the CZ was high on my wish list. Ended up at Jim Flynn's for the first time, and when I mentioned the CZ to Ken up in the gun room, he said, "We have one here, but I don't think it's for sale because Jim ordered it for someone else." He let me check it out, then put it away.

When I was downstairs with Jim later going over other options, I asked if he could order me the same CZ...and he said, "You can have that one. That guy's paperwork isn't in yet."

So I got lucky that day...and I'll always wonder if that other guy was eventually able to get the gun he wanted, or if he just got the shaft because Jim sold it to me instead.

My 75bd police is my favorite gun :)

Heritage guild in Easton usually has a few, they'll ship to a nj location for free

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yes indeed they have a 75B-D in stock. Nice pistol, fits me right. Saw it this morning.

It went like this:

Me: Nice I'll take it. Need it shipped to NJ. Either to one of your locations if it's free or if there's a charge, shipped to my local FFL since it's only a few miles away from me.

Can the mags be sawped to 10 rds since 16 is not NJ leagal?

HG-Nope, can't do yhat.

Me: Can you pin the mags to 10rds?

HG:Sorry can't do that.

Me: Can you ship without the mags?

HG-No, can't do that either.

Me:Can you ship as is and let the receiving FFL dispose of them?

HG: No, can only ship to NJ if it is NJ compliant as it came from the manufacturer.

Me: Do you know of any legal way you can sell me this pistol?

HG:No I don't. Sorry.

Me: Thank you very much for your time.

Short and painless. I don't know if he was right or not. I certainly can't quote psalm and verse the NJ gun laws, so there was no point of forcing the issue and just left.

I went ahead and rented a Beretta 92FS just to try it out. It went boom everytime I pressed the trigger and I can miss the target with it as well as I can with anyother gun.

I *may* have a line on a used CZ (watch me jinx the whole thing). If that doesn't pan out, I just get the Beretta and tell CZ to go pound sand since their stuff isn't gold plated anyway.

I was in Heritage Guild in Branchburg last week and they had a full size CZ 75B in 9mm and a CZ 75B Compact in 9mm. Also had a CZ 83 in .380 ACP.

None left as of yesterday.

Thanks everybody for all the sugestions.

Here's how I came to own a nickel-finish CZ 75B...was earlier this year, ready to make my first purchase, and the CZ was high on my wish list. Ended up at Jim Flynn's for the first time, and when I mentioned the CZ to Ken up in the gun room, he said, "We have one here, but I don't think it's for sale because Jim ordered it for someone else." He let me check it out, then put it away.

When I was downstairs with Jim later going over other options, I asked if he could order me the same CZ...and he said, "You can have that one. That guy's paperwork isn't in yet."

So I got lucky that day...and I'll always wonder if that other guy was eventually able to get the gun he wanted, or if he just got the shaft because Jim sold it to me instead.

I dont know what specifics were going on, but that's f'ed up if the guy put money down on it. Just because the guys permits aren't ready doesn't mean you sell his order out from under him.