RecessedFilter

Feeler: Shotgun ammo group buy?

Not yet, Harry. I was trying to see if people were interested enough to do this or not. Now that I see there is a lot of feedback, I will start calling suppliers and comparing prices. I was at a local shop today and heard the owner talking about having half a pallet of birdshot, and I was busy doing something and ended up forgetting to ask him about it. So it'll have to wait till next week as he is closed weekends.

If we have a couple of you volunteering to pick it up, that would be great! I'm hoping I can talk to that local shop as it's in the Clinton area and would make it very convenient.

Not yet, Harry. I was trying to see if people were interested enough to do this or not. Now that I see there is a lot of feedback, I will start calling suppliers and comparing prices. I was at a local shop today and heard the owner talking about having half a pallet of birdshot, and I was busy doing something and ended up forgetting to ask him about it. So it'll have to wait till next week as he is closed weekends.

If we have a couple of you volunteering to pick it up, that would be great! I'm hoping I can talk to that local shop as it's in the Clinton area and would make it very convenient.

I would be willing to help with pick up since live in next to clinton

I'm down for a few cases too Drez. Thanks for taking lead on this. I'll be happy to help wherever possible. Maybe I can pick up from Clinton and people up north/east can pick up from me (Parsippany).

I'll drop a Benny on 2 cases.

That's how I look at it, if I get to point and laugh at a person while I'm picking it up it would make the whole thing worth while - QUESTION THO- Do you have to specific exact amounts, will there be extras in other words/ I say two cases but maybe I get down and decide I'll take 3, 4 5 ? maybe would there be a prob?

I am going out tomorrow and breaking in/trying out the new Saiga 12 I got my Dad for Christmas with him, and I plan on going through at least a case of 7 1/2 and hopefully we'll be starting out with as many Winchester Super-X value pack 15-rd boxes he will spring for at Walmart before we go, and I have a thing about having a couple-few thousand 12 gauge shells at all times available so if this is a good deal I might want to pick up more.

If someone would be willing to deliver to the Central Jersey area I will buy a few. Not interested in driving to North Jersey though.

Mike for you and I and others local to us I'm think only 1 person would be needed anyway. Will see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn, a lot of interest so far lol.

For right now, I think we should start with one pallet. If everyone who says they are interested ends up going through with it, then we know we have buyers for a second pallet in the near future.

I started doing my work for this. I've called about 4 local places already and so far, nothing under $62 a case. I'm trying to check with places in the area of what I call central jersey (78/287 area) just because it would be easy to pick up and deliver to Clinton for the shotgun meet. I guess I should try some other retailers as well, just to see pricing. If we could get good pricing from a farther retailer, we could all toss a couple bucks and pay for the person's gas who picks it up with their truck.

I'm not sure if we are going to get a low price with our local places, unfortunately. A lot of our local shops are making profit of just change on every box of birdshot they're selling.

So far, I hate to say it, but Cabela's has the best price. Usually Federal is on sale in the $50 price range (sometimes $54.99 a case). If we could somehow wait to get a good coupon for them (that employee pricing would have been perfect), we could really do well with case prices.

I am Central Jersey too so if someone was doing a Central Jersey run I would be interested in taking advantage if possible. (Not begging but if someone said like "HeyI got a big truck/SUV and I am going up no problems, I'll pick up your stuff etc." I would be interested.

HAS anyone thought about Walmart? PA Walmart where I shop for everyrhing but of course never ammo sells Federal 7 1/2 100rd value packs for $23.97 regular price and occassionally sales, maybe they would do us a pallet or something along the lines?