Shawnmoore81

Alex jones on Morgan's show

Well I do like Alex jone's show. I think he is on with some things and off on some. Just like most hosts. He talks about a lot of 2a issues. But tonight I think he hurt our cause. He went in just yelling. Now I understand Morgan talks down to His guests and uses stupid little smirks to act superior so you have to go in locked and cocked. But tonight he needed to debate a while and then wait for Morgan to loss his cool first and then pounce.

Agreed that he went a little over board.... But how often has piers Morgan yelled over ever pro-gun guest on the show? The fact that Pier was keeping calm is part of his ploy to make gun owners seem crazy. He schedules his guests knowing how they will act, to okay into his agenda.

When this first went down after CT, he brought on soft spoken, easily muted people that he could yell at and leave speechless. He wouldn't allow anyone to bring up facts, he used fear tactics we see in our MSM. Now he is trying to play it cool and level headed, he brings on someone he knows will blow a gasket.

I'm glad points got across, but the conspiracy hinting may have been a little overkill.

Agreed, I though he would have been a little more subdued. I mean I know he was going to be fired up, but I have seen him on RT and other shows where he was much more toned down and had an actual conversation while presenting the facts. Tonight was not one of those nights and while he got some good jabs in he did not come across well.

alex jones is entertaining....and he does go over the top sometimes ...and i miss listening to the show...but i wont do it from any device linked to me directly..lol a little tinfoil hatty maybe...but trying to stay off "the lists" as long as possible..lol

While I can see the rant, so will it be used to support the other side... Those who are currently "figureheads" to speak for the legal, responsible gun owners of the US have been doing a horrendous job IMO! The very fundametals of public speaking seem to be being ignored! I'm and engineer for crying out loud, but I had an entire series of courses on public speaking when studying for my degrees and they've served me well in my career. Rants, blaming things out of left field, etc. can all have a nice sound bite taken to twist what the real ferver of the discussion meant. The anti-gun side has it easy because they thrive and rile emotions for support = east. We pro-guns must overcome emotion (not easy) with logic, sound conviction, and with a position to educate versus mud-sling. Offense is easy, defense not so much, and we're not showing well so far but it's early.

Sadly, I understand why he went on the attack on Piers. this guy is always talking over his guests and tries to put his little factoids in no matter what the other person says. YES, a little over the top, but at the same time, Piers is such an A-Hole, that you need to get in his face..

This did us absolutely no favors. I have zero sympathy for conspiracy theories. He had opportunity to bring up that the Oregon shooter was stopped by a citizen carrying a gun, but was too wrapped up in his emotion. That entire interview I was answering Piers questions and not once did Alex say what I was thinking.

This is just painful to listen to. Piers intelligently sat there with a Mona Lisa smile and won through silence. Alex came on way too hard and said the wrong things, and then went off on looney tangents.

Piers had it set to make himself sound the more "rational". It isn't about finding a rational conclusion, it is about piers "winning".

If Jones acted calm, Piers would have shouted him down. His audience will side with his two faced actions.

It was all about making the gun owners look nutty, so CNN and PM picked a person that seems nutty, and caters to the tinfoil hat crowd. Alex Jones probably doesn't believe a tenth of the stuff that spews from his mouth & on his website, but it's a good living for him. Morgan got him to get into his ranting mode over 9/11, and got what CNN wanted. This will get a lot of play for probably this week or so, in all the usual liberal places and on CNN of course, they'll all portray nutty ole Alex as a typical gun owner.

What an embarrassment - wish Alex Jones had stayed home, he is a piss-poor representative for gun owners as a whole.

+1

He hurts our cause by making gun owners look like a bunch of lunatics. I wish we could get an intelligent person on to debate Piers.

It was all about making the gun owners look nutty, so CNN and PM picked a person that seems nutty, and caters to the tinfoil hat crowd. Alex Jones probably doesn't believe a tenth of the stuff that spews from his mouth & on his website, but it's a good living for him. Morgan got him to get into his ranting mode over 9/11, and got what CNN wanted. This will get a lot of play for probably this week or so, in all the usual liberal places and on CNN of course, they'll all portray nutty ole Alex as a typical gun owner.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard Jones would be on the show. Take the most radical nut job you can find; put him on the show and let him do the work. Jones did exactly what the left wanted.

Then again CNN had to make up for having Larry Pratt school Morgan in an intelligent debate.

Well, CNN needs ratings, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in cahoots with Alex Jones--he gets bigger media exposure and a victim card to play on his website for all the whackos that believe him, and Morgan gets ratings he needs to stay at CNN. Reminds me of Jerry Lawlor & Andy Kauffman

Agreed, I though he would have been a little more subdued. I mean I know he was going to be fired up, but I have seen him on RT and other shows where he was much more toned down and had an actual conversation while presenting the facts. Tonight was not one of those nights and while he got some good jabs in he did not come across well.

:icon_lol: ait..you were SERIOUS??? that Ended just like I knew it would....Jones just gave the antis a bunch of clips to make Gun Owners sound like out of control, paranoid a-holes... It doesnt matter HOE many facts you can spout if your demeanor is that of a Crazed Lunatic. Piers Morgan was actually HELPING us with his antics, and it pissed off a lot of people in the middle of the issue, with his condescension and rudeness. We are NOY going to change the minds of the hardcore antis...what we NEED to do is get average Joe and Jane Citizen on our side. This did not help with that.

THey picked him because he was the guy that started the petition to get Piers deported. THe fact that Alex Jones is a nut any day of the week didn't help either.