Adam

Wrong of me to ask???

In your opinion, is it wrong of me to ask someone with 5 posts on the board for a reference from the board??

I explained why I wanted the reference politely;

" You have any references from the site? I'd like to have someone who isn't new vouch for

ya or else I dont feel comfortable making the sale sorry."

And got IMO a douchebag response..

" no, but i use the same name on njhunter and on AR15.com. how are you responcible for

selling a handgun to someone with proper identification and paper work. and you cant get

ripped of cash face to face. your pretty far from me anyway, good luck with the sale"

Asking me how I'm responsible for the sale of a firearm i own is a dumb question in itself...

Am I in the wrong? With all shit going on, I personally don't feel comfortable selling to an unknown person. My luck I'd show up to F**** news cameras or something for some story on how easy it is to purchase a firearm off someone online...

I respectfully submit there is confusion between vetting someone as good to do business with vs someone being cleared for purchase. To the buyers point, unless his cash is counterfiet, there is no risk to you. He has been vetted by the state as meeting all criteria for purchase and thus again, no risk to you.With that being said, the seller always reserves the right BUT sellers that feel this way should include that in their adds IMO.

It had nothing to do with his post count. I haven't sold a firearm on here yet, to someone random. Each sale Ive made, was to a well known/respected member of the site..

There was no Ad. He PM'd me after seeing my offer of trade to someone.

Don't post anything for sale on a forum where anyone can start an account. Sell it through your FFL if your so worried.

Like i said 1 post above yours, there was no ad.

I think if it weren't such a shit time it wouldn't have been a issue. I've noticed a lot of new members here making stupid posts and sounding like they are already ready to turn in their guns. I would be weary selling something to someone with a post count of less than 100 also... I know my count isn't that high but i think most if you have seen my name more than a few times.

I think if it weren't such a shit time it wouldn't have been a issue. I've noticed a lot of new members here making stupid posts and sounding like they are already ready to turn in their guns. I would be weary selling something to someone with a post count of less than 100 also... I know my count isn't that high but i think most if you have seen my name more than a few times.

and watched you continuously miss clay after clay, you must be an ANTI!

and watched you continuously miss clay after clay, you must be an ANTI!

It wasn't that bad ray. Plus after i warmed up i barely missed anything. Weren't you the one that missed like 6 in a row toward the end of they day with that jam-o-matic 930? Then you got mad and didn't miss anymore.

It wasn't that bad ray. Plus after i warmed up i barely missed anything. Weren't you the one that missed like 6 in a row toward the end of they day with that jam-o-matic 930? Then you got mad and didn't miss anymore.

jam-o-matic? one failure

and i missed the first two clays and the peanut gallery opened their mouths. So, I decided to shut them up by showing them my awesomeness.

jam-o-matic? one failure

and i missed the first two clays and the peanut gallery opened their mouths. So, I decided to shut them up by showing them my awesomeness.

Calm down ray ray. Just bustin some balls. (you know since i missed all the clays) That 930 is pretty nice.

Calm down ray ray. Just bustin some balls. (you know since i missed all the clays) That 930 is pretty nice.

I love that damn gun, and i love you too

Now back to the topic at hand. Sometimes people, through word of mouth outside the forum hear about a gun they want for sale. So they join the forum in hopes to get that gun. That could be why he's a noob with a low post count. It's happened to me.

You don't feel comfortable, don't make the sale very simple.

That's the reason there is feedback on every individual sale site known.

If he had feedback on other sites, and you don't know anyone there what good is the feedback.

He responded like a douche nozzle. Screw him.

I love that damn gun, and i love you too

Now back to the topic at hand. Sometimes people, through word of mouth outside the forum hear about a gun they want for sale. So they join the forum in hopes to get that gun. That could be why he's a noob with a low post count. It's happened to me.

But then wouldn't he have someone to vouch for him?

Ya cause I was Breakin his balls haha

It had nothing to do with his post count. I haven't sold a firearm on here yet, to someone random. Each sale Ive made, was to a well known/respected member of the site..

This happened to me on another forum. Didn't post an ad, just asked for an opinion and a guy emailed me wanting to buy it. I was all for it, but it just felt off so I called it off. He got upset and called me a scammer. Because of that I'll only deal local now.

IMO, you were right to question it. The gut knows, what the gut knows.

Nothing wrong with going by gut, and certainly you could have maybe checked out the other forums. Both sides have points, but I personally feel as the owner it's your choice as to whom you sell it. Having taught SD for a long, long time I always reiterate listen to that little voice/gut/or when the little hairs stand up.

I only ever refused 1 sale. It was for a decent amount of tactical 308 ammo with barrier penn qualities. I agreed to sell the ammo. During the transaction comms the buyer just simply tripped my alarm radar. So I refused the sale and backed out of the deal. The buyer turned out to be Calin Chi Wong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thankfull that I would not be included in the list of people I knew being contacted by 3 letter agencies whome had sold stuff to him.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-04-03-268082757_x.htm