mattio41

NY 7 Round Mags (Bill 2230) - Merged Threads

I know Cuomo might think this will make him presidential...it'll make him toxic in many states.

Logically speaking, this is the most absurd gun law ever to have been passed. It seems like only the uber-hippies are cheering about this. The vast majority of the populous in NY are fairly apathetic. This makes him extremely extremely left-wing. The goal is obviously the White House in 2016 for him, but this just made him completely unelectable in national races.

I can't find the vote tally on the assembly website.

I've already written to the Senator of the district where my business is located and now want to contact the Assemblyman. Little to little little to late but I'm going to do it anyway, but it would be nice to know how he voted.

I think we will be affected by the 7rd limit as well. Anyone else notice most if not all gun manufacturers sell new guns to those of us that live in restrictive states, with 10 rd mags even though the limit in NJ is 15. They do this so they can go with the one size fits all approach for the restrictive states like NY, CA, and NJ. If they need 7 or less to sell to NY i'm sure we here in NJ will be getting the new 7rd or less mags with all our new purchases as well. Thats if of course anyone still wants to sell guns in NY. Just my 2 cents. I wish those in NY all the success in the world fighting this ridiculous garbage.

Don't give up man, fight and get active if our not already, and if you are, see what else you can do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4:18 PM - Just passed - it's a sad day for freedom. Our forefathers are spinning in their graves.

Wow, just wow, a very sad day and hope this isn't the first of the straws that could break the camels back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the only bonus, is now those with registered ARs can unpin the stock and put a flash hider back on :D

Uh, I don't think so. This bill simply amended their existing statutes, so I suspect that the elements of the former AWB, that weren't affected by this bill, are still in play.

Given the rush to buy AR's and AK's in recent weeks - how many outstanding orders for these guns will now be canceled? Hundreds? Thousands? This will have a big impact on the industry well beyond NY's borders. It will be interesting to see if Remington makes good its threats and moves out of NY - likewise for other firearms manufacturers in NY. The law of unintended consequences is a beyotch.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I can't find the vote tally on the assembly website.

I've already written to the Senator of the district where my business is located and now want to contact the Assemblyman. Little to little little to late but I'm going to do it anyway, but it would be nice to know how he voted.

104 to 43.

Look in the Cherry Ridge thread. I sent an email to Scott Bach about the lack of current information on the home page and why ANJRPC isn't doing anything to rally the troops. I waited like 6 months to renew my membership which will not be renewed again.

The war of words is coming to a close. That only leaves the other kind of war.

I like the cut of your jib on this forum, Handyman. I agree- I'd say NY just took the first real "step" towards forcing that kind of war. However, some think it could be a trap- you know, create a "crisis" or a "war" for the govt to come in and "fix"... except this time, it's on OUR SOIL.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-amendment-standing-new-york-state-senator-kathleen-marchione

Petition by NY State Senator Kathleen Marchione to repeal the new legislation. I've signed it. Spread this around and show some support.

Thou Shalt NOT compromise w 10 round mags from current 15.

Never go backwards.

Most pistols are slightly over 10 rds in a typical mag. This would toss excessive doo doo into most of our inventory for purely BS feel good uropianist nannyism pipe dream fantasies.

“The only people who need access to high-capacity magazines are mass murderers, drug dealers and cop killers,” said Senator Codey."

It should be changed to "the only people who WILL NOW HAVE ACCESS to high capacity magazines are mass murderers, drug dealers and cop killers"

First they came for the guys who did not want to ware seat belts. I did not care as I wore mine.

Then they came for the people who did not ware helmets while riding bikes and bicycles. I did not care as I did not ride them.

Then they banned and taxed the hell out out cigarettes. I cared but no one else really did because they did not smoke or it scared them.

Now they are comming for our guns and no one really cares because hardley anyone shoots in this state.

Welcome to America in the 21st century

First they came for the guys who did not want to ware seat belts. I did not care as I wore mine.

Then they came for the people who did not ware helmets while riding bikes and bicycles. I did not care as I did not ride them.

Then they banned and taxed the hell out out cigarettes. I cared but no one else really did because they did not smoke or it scared them.

Now they are comming for our guns and no one really cares because hardley anyone shoots in this state.

Welcome to America in the 21st century

That is friggen awesome

Let's ban smart phones and reality shows, then watch them go crazy