emptyshell

Gov. Cuomo Signs Nation’s Toughest Gun Control Legislation Into Law

Anyone care to make bets on this quote??

“Make no mistake about it, everyone. I repeat, make no mistake about it, the number of gun deaths in New York State will decrease because of the bold actions we take today,” Assemblywoman Michelle Schimel (D-Great Neck) said.

They didn't even give the public a chance to see anything or give input. So all police officers and armed guards and executive security will now have to carry 7 rounds huh.....good luck to all of them if a shoot out happens. The demagogue attitude is amazing. There must be some recourse for this behavior?

Yeah more law abiding citizens\gun owners will by killed because the outlaws don't follow the rules. Gov. Cuomo is the biggest tool in office. God bless the legal gun owners of NY.

Wow, the legislature just shoved it down their throats so they could feel good about themselves. What a bunch of arrogant bastards!

So the next time they have a mass shooting, will they say their laws are not working; or will they say they aren't tough enough, and tighten them even further?

Hopefully his constituents make him, and all that voted with him, understand not only does ramrodding such legislation through by means that shrug every single piece of tangible data which will ultimately not fuflill such a bold claim wrong, but it also ends your political career! I hope Remington kissess 200 years of NY goodbye!

So all police officers and armed guards and executive security will now have to carry 7 rounds huh.....good luck to all of them if a shoot out happens. The demagogue attitude is amazing. There must be some recourse for this behavior?

Can you name a single gun control law that has ever effected LEO/government/military weapons used in the course of duty?

This law does not effect them either.

7rd magazines??? If you currently own 10rd magazines you have a year to sell them out of state or face charges for owning them? Glad we never moved to upstate NY as planned.

-Scott

No, read the bill. They are grandfathered. You can just never load them with more than 7 rounds. :rolleyes:

7rd magazines??? If you currently own 10rd magazines you have a year to sell them out of state or face charges for owning them? Glad we never moved to upstate NY as planned.

-Scott

Incorrect - You have a year to divest yourself of magazines greater than 10 rounds (pre-1994 ban). Ten round magazines can be retained, but can only be loaded 7 rounds at a time. Such horse-puckey.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Incorrect - You have a year to divest yourself of magazines greater than 10 rounds (pre-1994 ban). Ten round magazines can be retained, but can only be loaded 7 rounds at a time. Such horse-puckey.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

And how are "they" going to know you have those magazines? There is no record to begin with. This just doesn't make sense.

Yeah local pd's in nj have full auto m4's with 30 round mags. This won't effect them

Local PDs? Do tell??? I've not seen any with them, and up till recently most trained at my home range! I don't have any knowledge of LE exemptions to NJ firearms laws, but would love to see that too if it's out there.

Look, this has been in the works for some time... the naysayers that say it cannot happen, etc. As soon as Obama won the election this has all been planned and mapped out. Even the newspaper in NY State was to take the minds off the people believing in freedom and the focus away from the government and its true agenda onto the progressive paper. I believe that Obama's executive orders will be worse than the Emperor of NY, tomorrow. The questions to ask... how much will the armed American people take and will they unite to save our nation and its freedoms.

Local PDs? Do tell??? I've not seen any with them, and up till recently most trained at my home range! I don't have any knowledge of LE exemptions to NJ firearms laws, but would love to see that too if it's out there.

Duty weapons are exempt from laws we follow.

I can't say I disagree with this though. It's not like any officer can have them, duty weapons only. They are the ones that run into fire fights, they should have the upper hand.

On duty exemptions yes. Off duty no exemptions unless its a weapon that you are qualified off duty with. Even so if it has more than the legal amount allowed by law an ffl wants a letter from my dept stating it will be used as a duty weapon.

Duty weapons are exempt from laws we follow.

I can't say I disagree with this though. It's not like any officer can have them, duty weapons only. They are the ones that run into fire fights, they should have the upper hand.

Do you really think gang bangers are going to follow this law?

On duty exemptions yes. Off duty no exemptions unless its a weapon that you are qualified off duty with. Even so if it has more than the legal amount allowed by law an ffl wants a letter from my dept stating it will be used as a duty weapon.

You mean we cant even be as well equiped as our local PD? The founders must be spinning in there graves!

Wow, the legislature just shoved it down their throats so they could feel good about themselves. What a bunch of arrogant bastards!

So the next time they have a mass shooting, will they say their laws are not working; or will they say they aren't tough enough, and tighten them even further?

You already know the answer to your question.

Woodbury has a couple m4's and mp5's. the mp just is burst. The m4's are full auto select fire. Equipped with sure fire hand guard light and eotechs. My buddy put an acog on his though. At first he could keep it at his house but that didn't last long. Now he signs it out whenever he wants to shoot it.

Woodbury has a couple m4's and mp5's. the mp just is burst. The m4's are full auto select fire. Equipped with sure fire hand guard light and eotechs. My buddy put an acog on his though. At first he could keep it at his house but that didn't last long. Now he signs it out whenever he wants to shoot it.

Jackson Twp. Had mp5's back in the day. Werent carried all the time but brought out to train and assigned when needed. Not sure if they are still around though, havent been around there in years.

-Scott

Look, this has been in the works for some time... the naysayers that say it cannot happen, etc. As soon as Obama won the election this has all been planned and mapped out. Even the newspaper in NY State was to take the minds off the people believing in freedom and the focus away from the government and its true agenda onto the progressive paper. I believe that Obama's executive orders will be worse than the Emperor of NY, tomorrow. The questions to ask... how much will the armed American people take and will they unite to save our nation and its freedoms.

I think your right. I also think not many gun owners voted for Obama. This election proves how out numbered we are. I think our days of gun ownership are numbered. I think we will all be able to still own a gun, but it will be like Barney Fife. One bullet and it has to be kept in your pocket untill you need it.

I am honestly surprised both by how many people are unaware that local police have auto/burst fire weapons, and are unaware that LEO/gov duty weapons are exempt from gun control laws. This has been common for decades now.

But "liberals" and "antis" are the ones who don't know their gun laws? :lol: