SJG

5 Round Limit on Mag Proposed in Trenton

PLEASE CONTACT THE MAJORITY LEADERSHIP IN TRENTON NOW

AND TELL THEM NOT TO ATTACK THE SECOND AMENDMENT

The Majority Leadership in Trenton needs to hear from you right now!

Even though New Jersey already has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation, the majority leadership in Trenton are being pressured by anti-gun legislators and organizations to blame you for the tragedy in Newtown by pushing for a full-scale assault to further restrict your Second Amendment rights and your right of self defense, including:

- Extreme magazine capacity limits (5 rounds - a stealth gun ban that puts law-abiding citizens at the mercy of criminals. A3664 S2497)

- Pyschological exam and in-home inspection as a pre-condition to firearms ownership (unaccountable health care professionals dictating your rights; could result in forfeiture of existing FID cards. A3676)

- Forced disclosure of all household members and mental health issues as a pre-condition to firearms ownership (A3688)

- Bans on common types of ammunition and ammunition sales (A3645; A3646; A3666; S2464; S2465; S2474; S2476)

-.50 caliber ban that would prohibit numerous popular hunting guns (A3659; S2178)

New Jersey legislators recently introduced 23 of the most extreme, anti-gun bills ever seen in the Garden State. There are more coming, and they are planning to move them quickly. Instead of focusing on issues like school security and measures to prevent the adjudicated mentally ill from gaining access to firearms, New Jersey legislators have instead targeted the Second Amendment and self-defense. None of the new proposed measures would prevent another tragedy, and all of them would severely restrict your right to defend yourself.

Please immediately call or fax the majority leadership offices in the Assembly and the Senate and tell them not to attack the Second Amendment, and instead focus on issues that will actually help prevent another tragedy. The majority needs to hear from you by phone or fax (not email).

ASSEMBLY MAJORITY OFFICE

Phone: 609-847-3500

Fax: 609-292-2386

SENATE MAJORITY OFFICE

Phone: 609-847-3700

Fax: 609-633-7254

There will be more action alerts coming in the days and weeks ahead. Your efforts are more important than ever now, so when we sound the alarm, please answer the call.

http://c.ymcdn.com/e...38978442a9f0551

What is this? Dueling Magazine Limit bans? OK, NY State... I'll take your 7 rounds and outdo you with 5 round limits! HA! Ughhh... what a friggin joke! It's like they're trying to outdo NY so they can say "Hey look at us... OUR ban is the strictest in the country!"

ASSEMBLY MAJORITY OFFICE

Phone: 609-847-3500

Fax: 609-292-2386

SENATE MAJORITY OFFICEOFFICE

Phone: 609-847-3700

Fax: 609-633-7254

I didn't have any problem with the 633-7254 number, the 292-2386 took a few attempts but did go. Also called Harry Reid's office but voicemail is full, will try again tomorrow. For today I contacted him here and kindly ask his to stymie all restrictions and bans.

Senate President Sweeney can be contacted from this link. Email him and let your feelings be known!

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=216

Sent.

Dear Senator:

I am a lifelong democrat from Woodbridge. NJ. The majority of that time I've been a staunch supporter of gun control. Over the last few years, I've set about proving the ease with which guns can be obtained in nj. What I learned is that it is a farce. I've jumped through numerous hurdles and faced obstruction as have my fellow NJ gun owners. We've faced obtuse and unnecessary restrictions on rifle types and magazine restrictions that have no demonstrable effect on our crime centers across the state.

It is after close consideration that I do not support further restrictions on law abiding firearm owners. I will watch very closely the outcome of this debate. And, depending on the actions of my legislature, this democrat will be voting down the line for the opposition.

Thank you.

Why would anybody need more than three shots to defend themselves? You guys planning to go on a shooting spree or something?

Really. I mean, all anyone REALLY needs is a 1-or-2 shot Elmer Fudd shotgun. With buckshot, you can even hit multiple assailants with each shot! uh-oh, wait... I hope Trenton didn't hear that last bit....