njtta150

Joined Easton Fish and Game

The sneaky always pissed off guy everyone is talking about is Walt. He's a great guy, has probably forgotten more about firearms and shooting than any of us will ever learn. If you ever sit down or stop and actually talk to him about shooting or firearms, he's an encyclopedia and always has good advice. He's just doing his job, maintaining the grounds and looking out for any body not following the rules. He definitely does look pissed off alot of the time, but thats just his normal face lol As another poster has said, you have nothing to worry about with him as long as you're following the rules. Numerous times I've shot at the rifle range til just before dusk, as soon as Walt shows up I'll ask if he needs help with anything. Whether its changing target boards or taking down targets anyone's left up. I suggest you all should do the same. The only way EFGA will stay as good as it is, is if everyone pitches in to keep it safe and clean.

To the OP asking for advice for your first time....I'd confirm that yes the sandwiches at Pops Kitchen and Tap room (the gas station) are delicious, definitely read all the range rules (which are posted at every range), definitely sign in at every range, stay behind the red line when the range is cold, pay attention to sunset (calenders with sunrise and sunset times are also posted at each range), police your brass, take down your targets when you're finished, always bring your eye and ear protection, staple gun, targets and target backers, and above all be safe and have fun. Oh and definitely make it a point to spot at Heritage Guild and Sarco if you have time and they're both open. Just be careful at Heritage of the big tall behemoth salesman named Harley. He'll probably talk you into buying something. But you'll most likely say, "why didn't I buy this sooner?" when you walk out of there haha

To poster asking about steel gongs at the rifle range..yes sometimes there are gongs. Most of the time there aren't though, which I have yet to figure out why. Same goes for the gongs at the 25 yard pistol range. They're not there all the time. Sometimes other shooters will bring their own steel targets to hang at the rifle range, and of course they take them home when they're done. The steel targets that are there all the time are the angle iron steel plates at the 50ft .22 range. I love shooting those and they're always available to shoot. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the other "mysterious" steel gongs can chime in here.

Ditto -- awesome post and took the words right out of my mouth!

I've only seen the guy there once and it was the first time I ever went. I was the only one there and he came to change garbages and blatantly ignored me trying to have a friendly conversation and ask him more about the range which I was just a brand new member of.... I guess everyone has bad days but a hey how's it going back would have been nicw

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

I did not read every post in this thread so please forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been covered. I have heard in the past that you could purchase or renew your membership at Sarco. Is this still true. Also if I have lapsed my membership, (I was last a member in 2011), do I have to pay the higher initial membership again?

I'm thinking of taking a ride out there soon. Can I join and shoot on the same day?

Yup, I did it at Sarco. Got my temp member and guest card. That was over a month ago. Still waiting for my real membership card and guest pass lol oh well as long as I can use the temp card I don't mind the wait.

Meet up with forum member Alpo earlier today at EFGA to show him the place and try out his Ruger P95.  I brought along one of my co-workers who had never fired a gun before.  A good time was had by all and my co-worker may have been a better shot than both Alpo and myself.....though he was shaking like a leaf the first 45 minutes or so. 

Wish we could have started him out on something a little more mild but all we had were .327 & .357 Ruger GP100s (which my friend shot .38s out of) and a Ruger P95 9mm.  But by the end of the day he was hitting the target at the 25yd line (which earlier he was saying nobody could hit with a hand gun!).

Also met and chatted with one of the ROs, Ed.  Very nice fellow.

Look forward to meeting and shooting with more forum members in the near future.  If you are thinking of joining EFGA I would highly recommend it.

Same for me...  Glad my AR500 was cheap, hope I get to use it elsewhere soon... 

Friend of mine renewed May 17th and is still waiting on his ID...I got mine within like 5 days in February...  Long as you have the temporary ID printout, you should be fine...I never had a problem when I first joined and had my temporary ID.

FYI, the road most people take to get there is closed - Follow the detour and you'll be fine.

Read the rules, make sure you sign in, be safe, don't throw your pistol, and happy shooting!

I'm planning to join EFGA soon but I still have a few questions about the range. I tried emailing and calling but I can't get in touch with anyone so I hope you guy don't mind me asking a few questions. I read through all the posts on this thread but still could not find the answers I was looking for.

On the main website it did not mention any details about shotguns. Is there a range just dedicated for shotguns only or can I use it on the training range and rifle range? What kind of shotgun ammo can we use? I am used to indoor ranges that only allows me to use slugs but since this is a outdoor range can I use 00 Buckshot and slugs?

In the training range do we need to bring our own target stand? On the picture gallery I see there are wood beams in place to hold targets. Is that still there or do I still need to bring my own target stand?

I plan on joining some competitions in the future but I need to practice so in the training range will I be able to use it for handgun competition shooting practice such as shooting a bit fast between multiple targets or on a single target? Not rapid fire but more like 1 2 3 quick shots pause then 1 2.

Last thing is has anyone used the archery range there? If so can you give me the details on how it is.

I'm planning to join EFGA soon but I still have a few questions about the range. I tried emailing and calling but I can't get in touch with anyone so I hope you guy don't mind me asking a few questions. I read through all the posts on this thread but still could not find the answers I was looking for.

On the main website it did not mention any details about shotguns. Is there a range just dedicated for shotguns only or can I use it on the training range and rifle range? What kind of shotgun ammo can we use? I am used to indoor ranges that only allows me to use slugs but since this is a outdoor range can I use 00 Buckshot and slugs?

In the training range do we need to bring our own target stand? On the picture gallery I see there are wood beams in place to hold targets. Is that still there or do I still need to bring my own target stand?

I plan on joining some competitions in the future but I need to practice so in the training range will I be able to use it for handgun competition shooting practice such as shooting a bit fast between multiple targets or on a single target? Not rapid fire but more like 1 2 3 quick shots pause then 1 2.

Last thing is has anyone used the archery range there? If so can you give me the details on how it is.

You can use slugs on the 100 yd rifle range. In the training area you can use bird or buck shot. Beams are there and you can hang something from them but not stapled right to it. They get shot out as it is but they want the wood to last as long as possible so have your target well below. Never used the archery range so I can't help you there.

Per the "Rules" listed on the websit: "NO FULL AUTOMATIC fire, uncontrolled rapid fire, or rifles in .50BMG allowed."  So it sounds like you should be okay with your controlled quick shots but ask a Range Officer to be certain. 

If you ever want to check out the range just ask and I'm sure one of the forum members who is a member of EFGA would be glad to show you around.  I may go this Sunday....not sure yet.

I'm looking to go tomorrow and I have a few questions. On the rifle range, how close can I set up targets? I don't have a scope on my AR right now so I don't want the target too far away. Also can I shoot pistols at the rifle range? At the pistol range, can I set targets closer than 25 yards? And lastly, do I need to bring target stands?

Thanks in advance.

Sharing this email reply I got from a question I had asked with everyone so no one gets in trouble.

It is regards to using clays at the range

Clays can be hung as long as they are hung from the backer boards, and all debris is cleaned up after you are done shooting. Clays may NOT be placed on the hill at the end of the range or anywhere else.

Thank you,

Jim
EFGA Secretary

Pistol Range

Our centerfire pistol range is suitable for all pistol calibers and rifles chambered in pistol calibers. Center-fire/high power rifles (5.56, 7.62x39, .308 etc.) and shotguns are not permitted on this range. You may also shoot .22 rifle and pistol here.

We have noise abatement pads on the interior walls of the pistol range and ask that you fire ONLY from inside the covered firing line. We have target wires at 7, 15 and 25 yards.

How do you hang clays?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I use these at my farm, with some string. At EFG I will probably staple the string to the backers and use hangers.

http://www.suresiteinc.com/index.php

also heres a cheap way

I'm looking to go tomorrow and I have a few questions.

On the rifle range, how close can I set up targets?  25, 50 100 yards are backer boards for targets,

I don't have a scope on my AR right now so I don't want the target too far away. Also can I shoot pistols at the rifle range?  NO, must use pistol range

At the pistol range, can I set targets closer than 25 yards? Target wires at 7, 15 and 25 yards

And lastly, do I need to bring target stands? .NO, use backer boards

Thanks in advance  See efga.net for rules, etc.

I'm looking to go tomorrow and I have a few questions.

On the rifle range, how close can I set up targets?  25, 50 100 yards are backer boards for targets,

I don't have a scope on my AR right now so I don't want the target too far away. Also can I shoot pistols at the rifle range?  NO, must use pistol range

At the pistol range, can I set targets closer than 25 yards? Target wires at 7, 15 and 25 yards

And lastly, do I need to bring target stands? .NO, use backer boards

Thanks in advance  See efga.net for rules, etc.

Why can't you shoot pistols at the rifle range?  I don't see anything in the rules about it.  I've done it before when I wanted to sight in a pistol at 25 yards from a bench.  

Eric233, the pistol range sometimes has hanging target backers at 7 and 15 yards, but I've been there many times when there weren't any.  Same with the training area.  If you have target stands or just some cardboard you can use as a target backer it's probably a good idea to bring some.