jackandjill

Can a FFL negatively interfere with NJ/NICS check ?

I already documented my saga with a FFL in another thread.

Long story short, I was shocked to learn that my account with an online vendor is locked

because this FFL called them and told them something.

Given his mood and how far he seem to be taking this, can he negatively interfere my

ability to buy gun in near future ? To be clear, I am following law to the letter (may be even more).

In some sense, I am not surprised that the online vendor would take FFL word over mine, but

can NJSP do same and cause trouble ? Its hard as it is with law in NJ, am I creating trouble for myself

by reporting this FFL behavior on these forums ?

My opinion and my opinion only, if it were me, at this point, I would shut up about it and move on with my life. I can't see how futher dwelling on it can be benefitial.

I would make sure all my T's were crossed and my I's dotted, though, just in case.

Yeah I didn't want to get involved but, While I understand you were most likely not trying to do anything wrong/illegal / straw piurchase, I think your whole mindset here is wrong. I really can't think of anyone in the first place who wants to get involved with the buy and selling the order you made but i'm buyinf rom him not you but kind of you but he doesn't want to but I want to but you dont really want to... Just a messed up situation all around.

I mean sometimes you just gotta either break even walk away and go somewhere else or fold a small loss to prevent a big bigger bigges loss.

The WORST thing you really want to do is ACTUALLY wind up busted or having to deal wit hthe powers that be. For you wanting a $350 bolt action ruger rifle you gotta be able to just go somewhere else and make it easier all around.

Okay so you still don't have the rifle ? The FFL is still holding rifle? Can't you just go get it yourself?

Nope. He wouldnt transfer it.

As for other suggestions, I will lay low and move on. My thought process is, if one rifle purchase, and one FFL can cause

so much hassle that the advice is to lay low, how anyone is going to stand up to any laws like the one in NY ?

Should FFLs deny transfer service to anyone who sold ONE gun for meager profit ?

It's your own mouth that got you into this mess.

So, you didn't get any guns at all. The FFL sent them back and your getting hit with restocking fees?

Yes, so you think thanking FFL in every communication, telling him I respect his decision and trying to eat up the restocking fees

is my loud mouth ? By the way, I only posted on this forums AFTER I respectfully tried to resolve the situation

and FFL start making implications that this was straw purchase.

I have all the emails and in every one of them I told FFL that I respect his decisions. I am all ready to take those restocking

fees and move on. In the line of work I do, that $100 isnt going to kill me.

But going to the extent of getting my accounts locked when I tried to be respectful and open all along ? How low should I lay and

quite do I stay ?

Email isn't everything. You should have spoken face to face. If you committed a straw purchase, he has every right to go to the people you bought the guns from and explain the scenario.

That is what he is supposed to do.

1) The BATFE is bigger than you or me or this website or any FFL. With all the "stuff" going on lately with that organization , and the current climate, and you being "new" to the sport, I don't blame the FFL for taking a very conservative approach here and notifying the shippers that he thought you were attempting a straw purchase.

2) I would highly recommend you finding a different FFL and just do some regular stuff through that guy and kinda chill for a while.

3) Don't get your panties in a wad re: NICS. You've laid out your case on the internet already, if the state or the BATFE is going to investigate you, at this point it will be because of your internet postings...

Your account with the seller or site you bought the gun on is locked ?? If so that is there prerogative and has no reflection on you being able to own a firearm. However if the FFL thinks you are a nut or anyone else does for that matter and reports you as such

then I'm sure the Peoples Republic of NJ will indeed lock up your rights until they are satisfied you are OK.

If I were you I would just let it go and next time complete all sales yourself and then try to flip the gun legally via FTF for long arms or an FFL for pistols.

If I were you I would just let it go and next time complete all sales yourself and then try to flip the gun legally via FTF for long arms or an FFL for pistols.

You can legally resell your pistol ftf in NJ but you would use a permit in the process. Ragtop's approach, with a more understanding FFL would result in you "saving" yourself a pistol permit.

So to make sure i get it.

The FFL still has your rifle(S), Wont Transfer to you. Wont transfer to another person.

Will he send it back to the original seller or another FFL?

may i ask the general area of this FFL? Central, South North Jersey.

Yes, so you think thanking FFL in every communication, telling him I respect his decision and trying to eat up the restocking fees

is my loud mouth ? By the way, I only posted on this forums AFTER I respectfully tried to resolve the situation

and FFL start making implications that this was straw purchase.

I have all the emails and in every one of them I told FFL that I respect his decisions. I am all ready to take those restocking

fees and move on. In the line of work I do, that $100 isnt going to kill me.

But going to the extent of getting my accounts locked when I tried to be respectful and open all along ? How low should I lay and

quite do I stay ?

Shut up, forget this whole incident and move on. Multiple threads rehashing the same point isn't helping you. You made the ffl nervous, he acted accordingly, rightfully or not. Nothing you'll say changes what happened.

So to make sure i get it.

The FFL still has your rifle(S), Wont Transfer to you. Wont transfer to another person.

Will he send it back to the original seller or another FFL?

may i ask the general area of this FFL? Central, South North Jersey.

Yes, he still has my rifle. He is wont transfer to me, wont transfer to another person (thats where this drama originally unfolded).

He is sending it back to the original seller, and told the seller something that resulted in my account with them being locked (thats where my beef about this FFL taking it too far).

The FFL is in North Jersey.

I found another FFL, will go about my daily work.

I posted in the other thread, but to repeat; stop being such a cheapass and stick with your initial purchase. How much could you have possibly saved on the second rifle? :facepalm:

I agree with you. All this sh*t is not worth the pennies. I found another FFL and made up my mind to move on. But not only I dont get the first purchase because of FFL refused, I get my account locked with the vendor and FFL calls second place to tell them something about me too.

Let me state again, I agree with you and the pennies saved is not worth. I am ready to move on and I need this FFL to leave me alone for Pete's sake.